Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

View Poll Results: Vote: Should Anarchists Be Allowed to Possess Nuclear Weapons?
Yes! Nuclear Weapons for Anarchists! 6 50.00%
No! Anarchists are irresponsible and would use them to spread anarchy! 4 33.33%
Undecided! 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-18, 11:23 AM   #1
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Do you want Anarchists to have Nuclear Weapons?

This is from another thread, but the topic is now so off-the-hook that it deserves it's own thread, and you deserve the opportunity to vote on this issue.

I'm not sure if Anarchists go too far, or if they don't go far enough. You decide, and your vote can get the force of the government to Control The Anarchists

The following thread suggests Anarchist Unicyclists Want Nuclear Weapons

(Remember, an anarchist assassinated U.S. President McKinley in Buffalo, New York.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
So, you'd prefer anarchy over societal controls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro8 View Post
Society can be self-regulating. As the saying goes, "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilby View Post
Anarchy! I dream that we can achieve that someday. Imagine being in a voluntary society.

Now, your question seems to present that anarchy and societal controls are exclusive of each other, but all societies have societal controls, even an anarchist society. You don't need a government (ie. a territorial authoritarian monopoly) to have law and order.

And, yes, I should be able to own a nuclear weapon, either in full, or as being a member of a protection service provider.

Last edited by BillyTheMountain; 2012-05-18 at 11:28 AM.
BillyTheMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 12:07 PM   #2
Zzagg
Marchons, marchons, caricature abre

I'm not an anarchist but I'd gladly have my own "big boy".

Got to warn you that my wife mistook the computer with the toaster a few times, though.

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways.
Till then I'll just keep riding on
Zzagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 12:50 PM   #3
Milosboy
Live every week like its shark week

But just imagine the forums that Gilby could run with NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY!
Happy cows come from California. Then at one point, PETA got into the mix and claimed that California cows were not happy. Of course, being the animal experts PETA aren't, they were unable to quantify any method of detecting cow happiness. - JF
Milosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 03:02 PM   #4
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

To Plotz is Human
To Shvitz Divine
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:05 PM   #5
maestro8
is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
The following thread suggests Anarchist Unicyclists Want Nuclear Weapons

(Remember, an anarchist assassinated U.S. President McKinley in Buffalo, New York.)
And anarchist pedestrians want writing implements.

Remember, a document freed US of its colonial rulers in Great Britain.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:50 PM   #6
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzagg View Post
I'm not an anarchist but I'd gladly have my own "big boy".

Got to warn you that my wife mistook the computer with the toaster a few times, though.
I hope your wife does not mistake your own "big boy" with your own "little boy."
Old 2012-05-18, 08:00 PM   #7
Zzagg
Marchons, marchons, caricature abre

Quote:
I hope your wife does not mistake your own "big boy" with your own "little boy."
oooOOOoooOOOooo

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways.
Till then I'll just keep riding on
Zzagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 08:24 PM   #8
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

I don't think anyone has had a successful anarchy except for Ron Paul's wild childhood play dates!
Old 2012-05-24, 03:32 AM   #9
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Th3 majority want Anarchists to have nuclear weapons
Old 2012-05-24, 04:26 AM   #10
Gilby
Unicyclist.com Webmaster

Quote:
Th3 majority want Anarchists to have nuclear weapons
That is a much better outcome than allowing criminal protection rackets, like the United States, from having them. Are you really surprised by this obviously scientific poll?
Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:12 PM   #11
GILD
Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

Location: the bustling metropolis of Nelspruitia, south africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milosboy View Post
But just imagine the forums that Gilby could run with NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY!
We could probably get MR back.
GILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 02:43 PM   #12
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilby View Post
criminal protection rackets, like the United States
I am grateful for the criminal protection racket known as the United States that permits me to go riding on my unicycle on public streets paid for by publicly collected taxes, recently repaved in my area by the way, rather than slinking out of my bunker at night to compete with what might otherwise be my neighbors, but absent a criminal protection racket like the United States, would be my competition for whatever resources happen to be around.

To Plotz is Human
To Shvitz Divine
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:58 PM   #13
harper
768 - It's in your DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJuggle View Post
I am grateful for the criminal protection racket known as the United States that permits me to go riding on my unicycle on public streets paid for by publicly collected taxes, recently repaved in my area by the way, rather than slinking out of my bunker at night to compete with what might otherwise be my neighbors, but absent a criminal protection racket like the United States, would be my competition for whatever resources happen to be around.
You have a bunker? Awesome.

Destroying the climate by shutting down nuclear power plants, one by one, since 1979.

Change is good. Bills are better.
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:43 PM   #14
MrBoogiejuice
Now with added jazz croutons!

Send a message via Yahoo to MrBoogiejuice
Gilby: You're the only self identifying anarchist I've met that hopes to achieve an anarchist society through a politician elected to represent others.

I've always considered the anarchist tradition to be about rather more than simply an absence of government. Which anarchist writers interest you?

Harper, I actually do have a bunker in the garden. It has a chandelier and a marble fire place in it and some lovely plants on the roof.
MrBoogiejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:47 PM   #15
Gilby
Unicyclist.com Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJuggle View Post
While I think there are better options than criminal protection rackets, you may want to consider switching providers. The mafia is much cheaper and provides better services. Here are the top 10 reasons the mafia is better than the state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoogiejuice View Post
Gilby: You're the only self identifying anarchist I've met that hopes to achieve an anarchist society through a politician elected to represent others.
My support for Ron Paul is simply because achieving an advanced anarchist society in my lifetime is probably not likely. He is also likely an anarchist himself.

To achieve an anarchist society, you need the people in that society to have the knowledge of what anarchy really is, as well as knowing the problems that is caused by the existence of the state. Ron Paul is educating the masses and bringing many people to look deeper into what libertarianism and anarchy is.So by supporting Ron Paul, I am helping to bring that message to many more people than I could otherwise do. And if he were to become the head of the monster, that can only be a good things to the anarcho-capitalist cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoogiejuice View Post
I've always considered the anarchist tradition to be about rather more than simply an absence of government. Which anarchist writers interest you?
Anything about anarcho-capitalism or the austrian school of economics is good. Here is a good starting point: http://www.mises.org
Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anarchists, nuclear, weapons