Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Articles and Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-16, 05:10 PM   #1
CrankflipMatt
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Minehead, Somerset
Posts: 4
Varial Roll Tutorial

Hi,

I have seen the Relentless by Fate Varial Roll video on Youtube, but it's not a tutorial. I want to be able to do this trick, but i need a few tips to get it right.

Thanks,
Matt
CrankflipMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:18 AM   #2
OUK
An)-On Juncher
 
OUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denmark, Ollerup
Age: 18
Posts: 1,111
Maybe you should upload a few tries so we can see what you're doing right and wrong and try to give you some tips on it
__________________
~An)-On
Ethjulet Cykel - UDC Denmark
Danish Trial Team

I ride one wheel cus it's way more sustainable than riding two!

Last edited by OUK; 2012-04-17 at 07:19 AM.
OUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:15 PM   #3
CrankflipMatt
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Minehead, Somerset
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUK View Post
Maybe you should upload a few tries so we can see what you're doing right and wrong and try to give you some tips on it
Not sure about uploading videos as my video camera is centuries old! I can get my leg around onto the tyre but then I cant push the tyre with my foot without falling off. I am aware that you need your foot actually on the pedal arm to stop the wheel rotating.

I think I just need a bit more practise
CrankflipMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:50 PM   #4
unihopper
I'd rather be unicycling.
 
unihopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankflipMatt View Post
Not sure about uploading videos as my video camera is centuries old! I can get my leg around onto the tyre but then I cant push the tyre with my foot without falling off. I am aware that you need your foot actually on the pedal arm to stop the wheel rotating.

I think I just need a bit more practise
Can you do rolling wraps? If not, it would be a good idea to learn those before you try to learn varial rolls. And you're right, it's all about practice.
__________________
My Website: www.Unitips.ca for trick tips and gear advice!

Visit Municycle.ca Canada's online unicycle source!

Check out the Municycle.ca Blog for news, tutorials and more!
unihopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 06:34 PM   #5
CrankflipMatt
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Minehead, Somerset
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihopper View Post
Can you do rolling wraps? If not, it would be a good idea to learn those before you try to learn varial rolls. And you're right, it's all about practice.
No I can't do rolling wraps, I'll try that first! Thanks!
CrankflipMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roll, tutorial, varial


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Varial Roll Competition _Ground_Zero_ General Unicycling Discussions 33 2012-02-25 12:34 PM
Varial Roll unif3d3 General Unicycling Discussions 2 2011-11-22 05:46 PM
Varial Roll Competition DanL R General Unicycling Discussions 17 2010-05-31 08:44 PM
varial roll Matti M Deutsches Einradforum 7 2009-04-11 01:49 PM
Funny vid/varial roll unicycledood Unicycling Videos 20 2008-10-05 04:33 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Gilby
Page generated in 0.10290 seconds with 10 queries