Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Administration Forums > Requests, Questions, and Bugs on this site

Old 2013-07-18, 11:08 AM   #1
GlennG
Professional dog walker

Unhappy I don't like green eggs and SPAM

Ok this Spam thing is getting annoying. If the trend continues there will be nothing but SPAM on the whole front page. The last spam thread disappeared but the issue remains.
GlennG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 06:48 PM   #2
onewheeldave
Semi Skilled Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennG View Post
Ok this Spam thing is getting annoying. If the trend continues there will be nothing but SPAM on the whole front page. The last spam thread disappeared but the issue remains.
Agreed. To newbies, all that spam does not create a good impression of the board- it makes it look amaturish.

And, for those of us who've been here a long time and who know that it's actually a very good board, probably the best forum for unicycle info: it's a pian having to wade through all the spam.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32
onewheeldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:10 PM   #3
onewheeldave
Semi Skilled Unicyclist

I find it utterly bizarre that there's insufficient moderation on this board to remove the multitude of spam that infests the 'general unicycling' page, yet someone promptly shifts this thread from that page to here

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32
onewheeldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 09:43 PM   #4
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldave View Post
I find it utterly bizarre that there's insufficient moderation on this board to remove the multitude of spam that infests the 'general unicycling' page, yet someone promptly shifts this thread from that page to here
It's pretty ridiculous. The administrators might not have enough time or something, but there's gobs of people who would be happy to help out.

The only way the spam ever gets deleted is if it gets flagged, but you have to write something out every single time you flag something and it gets tiring.

How to imbed a video on this forum.
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 10:01 PM   #5
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Send a message via MSN to saskatchewanian Send a message via Skype™ to saskatchewanian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin View Post
It's pretty ridiculous. The administrators might not have enough time or something, but there's gobs of people who would be happy to help out.

The only way the spam ever gets deleted is if it gets flagged, but you have to write something out every single time you flag something and it gets tiring.
Generally I just write "spam" as my message when flagging posts/threads.

It is a bit annoying though that you have to wait a pre-determined amount of time between flagging posts.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:21 AM   #6
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Generally I just write "spam" as my message when flagging posts/threads.

It is a bit annoying though that you have to wait a pre-determined amount of time between flagging posts.
I sometimes just write spam, and I sometimes compose weird messages that are supposed to get a laugh out of the reader while waiting so I can flag the next...

How to imbed a video on this forum.
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggs, green, spam