Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Videos

View Poll Results: Who has the overall better video?
Kyle and David (street) 27 71.05%
Lars and Isaiah (flat) 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-11-01, 11:53 PM   #1
David Hackett
Unicyclist

Street vs. Flat callout-Lars and Isaiah vs. Kyle and David

Kyle Alviani and David Hackett (street) vs Lars Anderson and Isaiah Stefan (flat)

Kyle and Davids video:
Lars and Isaiahs video:
David Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 12:28 AM   #2
Julia B
Flatland!

The street one was better filmed/edited, but I didn't like the riding as much at all. It had a couple really nice clips, but I felt it was a bit repetitive with a handful of tricks just on a couple different sets. I loved the huge stall-270 on that wall at the beginning though!

Lars' and Isaiah's combos blew me away, I felt the difficulty was a lot higher, even though the camera quality wasn't great. Also the quad and hicktriple, and filmed in one weekend. :O

Really great job to both though, you guys are definitely the up and coming street/flat riders in america right now!

Team Mad4One
Team Unicycle.tv
Team Elevated Clothing Co.

Truth
Monarch
Julia B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 12:37 AM   #3
David Hackett
Unicyclist

haha lars and isaiah did not need to film in one weekend, they could have just sent clips, they had the same amount of time as us

Last edited by David Hackett; 2011-11-02 at 12:37 AM.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:47 AM   #4
unilars
Unicyclist

uhm its kinda bull crap cause the quality is crappy. If I knew we woulda been doin a overall better I woulda used my sony vegas 9 and bought a new camera...I thought it was all bout tricks..just me though. I cant lie u had a better edit and camera.
unilars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 12:49 AM   #5
unilars
Unicyclist

If I woulda known we were doing overall better I woulda bought a new cam and used sony vegas 9 I thought we were goin for better tricks...aka treydouble down 9 set or hick quad. u know?..plus we had camera issues and since isaiah's camera converts into quicktime clips and mine is into windows.. we would have to use a converter and by than the quality would be so bad that you wouldnt even see the trick...If we are goin by overall...I think I can speak for me and isaiah both..and say We want a rematch.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:53 AM   #6
Julia B
Flatland!

It's just my opinion, but I think a lot of the stuff that made David's and Kyle's video good overall could only be done with both of you riding together, like having a filmer. So I didn't count that in my vote, because Lars and Isaiah couldn't do that, and I just based it on trick difficulty.

Not included in my vote decision, but I think it was a bit tacky for you and Kyle to vote for yourselves :P

Team Mad4One
Team Unicycle.tv
Team Elevated Clothing Co.

Truth
Monarch
Julia B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:18 AM   #7
JacobSpera
Street

call outs are tough to judge. I voted for the street callout not cause I ride street but because i thought the tricks were good. The flips got a little repetitive I'll say, but the shifty flip really sold it for me. Its tough to add style with flips, and I sensed some style with the flips in the street video. The late backflips i really liked! The treys were nice as well, the tech grinds i liked to.

Lars you did some pretty wicked stuff to, hicktrip and quad are huge man! I could never in a million years land either of those tricks. I think that flat is all about your own style and i just seen big tricks go down. Something seen a lot in most videos. If the tricks were thrown into creative combos that look pleasing and had a bunch of personality behind them then i would of voted for you guys.

You should all keep riding though! I can't wait to see where you will all be in 2 years.

Cheers, Jacob
Old 2011-11-02, 01:31 AM   #8
EliB
Flatland

Send a message via AIM to EliB Send a message via MSN to EliB
Thiiiiisssss one's tough...

Lars, you're seriously getting awesome (and at a nice pace). Quad, hicktrip, your flips are definitely there. My only suggestion is that, now, since you're definitely good enough and have solid technique on your basic rolls and stuff, you begin to get creative. It's time to take a leaf out of the Pohams' book and bust out those styley inventive roll tricks. You've got a TON of potential, dude.
Isaiah, you're also getting sick. Your combo 540/rollingwrap/outsidebackroll was my personal favorite clip of the entire video. It's ridiculously hard, and I wasn't expecting you to be doing stuff like that. Nice flips by you as well, but you should focus now on eliminating correction hops. Great work by you, man.

David, I don't even know dude. The crank/270 down the big ledge... I actually was like "OOH!" in my living room when I saw it haha. You've got balls, my friend. Looks like your treys are on lock now. I loved the grinds and blind grinds on the handrails, that's a really dope skill to have as a street unicyclist. Please never stop streeting.
Kyle, your name rhymes with style for a reason. I didn't really take notice to how cool your riding was until recently, but it is seriously GREAT to watch. Looks so nice! I can tell your consistent with your flips out of grinds, which is sweet. You should start grinding handrails because you'd really be tearing it up then. Great job on your clips in this video, I really enjoyed them.

So, as for the voting... I'm a diehard flat unicyclist, as I guess you all know, and, the reality of it is, I prefer the flat video. Sorry David and Kyle, but my vote goes to Lars and Isaiah. Two really sick videos here though on the whole!
Old 2011-11-02, 02:03 AM   #9
Uniboyle
Unicyclist

Send a message via Skype™ to Uniboyle
i got to say i did love the street riding, and riding street is probly my favorite style but i voted for isaiah and lars because i think its one thing to do something off a legde, but its a lot harder to do them flat. do i make sense?
Uniboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 02:09 AM   #10
David Hackett
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniboyle View Post
i got to say i did love the street riding, and riding street is probly my favorite style but i voted for isaiah and lars because i think its one thing to do something off a legde, but its a lot harder to do them flat. do i make sense?
yes but how can we do a trick on flat in this video if it has to be 100% street riding? kyle can tripleflip and 720, but how could we put that in a street video?
Old 2011-11-02, 02:18 AM   #11
unilars
Unicyclist

okay. David. its not a presidential debate..let them decide and let them judge bro...okk?
Old 2011-11-02, 03:52 AM   #12
ktkartch
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to ktkartch
Next top USA riders right there. Both vids were sick and I can see TONS of improvement since NAUCC!

Isaiah and Lars had some creative flatland, but i'm not a huge flat rider, i'd rather see street. But the tricks were impressive.

Kyle and David had some balls with some of the stuff they did. The crank grab to 270 by david was so dope. And like jacob said, i felt a lot of flow with the flips and i though the tricks were really clean. I was amazed at how nicely caught the flips were. Very impressive.

I vote street, but I can't wait to see you guys in a year.

Congrats to both teams!
http://www.unicycle.com/home/
Five Ten Shoes
http://www.fiveten.com
ktkartch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 04:12 AM   #13
Colby Thomas
Unicyclist

Send a message via Skype™ to Colby Thomas
Nice video boys! Kyle your flips out of grinds and into are way sweet! :O And lovin the trey consistancy David. I'm not gonna vote though, because it seems like there's a little too much tension between who had time and what camera and tricks and such. Who cares? Both videos were sick, we all love to unicycle, Eli Brill is still as jacked as a rhino, everybody wins!
Colby Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 05:10 AM   #14
TonyTorchia
Back in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Thomas View Post
Eli Brill is still as jacked as a rhino, everybody wins!
+1

So much improvement... All of it was so great.. Some of the tricks got repetitive in the street vid but they were still sick! Kyle sick flips out of grinds and tech grinds. Hit some hand rails! David the treys are way too consistant .. Lars hick 3 and quad? WTF! get a life! haha i swear you uni all day everyday and i cant keep up with you! Isaiah your roll combos are off the hook. They are getting so steezy. Love it guys! keep up the good work

Last edited by TonyTorchia; 2011-11-02 at 05:10 AM.
TonyTorchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 11:12 AM   #15
unihopper
I'd rather be unicycling.

Wow, I can't believe how awesome you've all become! I liked both videos a lot. In the street video, I really liked the pedal grab-270 off the huge ledge and the shifty flip, both were so clean! The grinds and treyflips were also cool.

The flat video had some really insane tricks in it! The quadflip surprised me, it's really amazing that you landed it! The combos were also great, there were some really difficult ones in the video!

Great work by everyone in each videos!

Visit Municycle.ca Canada's online unicycle source!

Check out the Municycle.ca Blog for news, tutorials and more!
unihopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calloutlars, david, flat, isaiah, kyle, kyle david lars isaiah, street