Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-06-01, 03:13 AM   #1
MuniAddict
Not "2" Tired

Thumbs up Unicyclist 1st performer on AGT new season

I was surprised to see that the very FIRST performer on tonight's new debut season episode of America's Got Talent, is a guy juggling torches while riding a giraffe. Got big audience applause, and although Howie "X'd" him, the other two outnumbered him, so he's on to the next round!

Howie was PISSED because he's a "germ-a-phobe" and the uni guy was holding onto Howies [bald-shaven] head while pretending to fall (routine bit for giraffe performers). The uni guy's performance was mostly for laughs and there were no "tricks" other than idling while juggling the torches, Of course, that in itself is not easy...unless you are good at juggling.

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-06-01 at 03:21 AM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 03:45 AM   #2
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

And a few under-the leg torch juggles. I thought it was funny. I saw it with family and they kept thinking he was going to fall. I told them "If he was really going to fall he would have done it already"
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 03:56 AM   #3
waaalrus
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
I was surprised to see that the very FIRST performer on tonight's new debut season episode of America's Got Talent, is a guy juggling torches while riding a giraffe. Got big audience applause, and although Howie "X'd" him, the other two outnumbered him, so he's on to the next round!

Howie was PISSED because he's a "germ-a-phobe" and the uni guy was holding onto Howies [bald-shaven] head while pretending to fall (routine bit for giraffe performers). The uni guy's performance was mostly for laughs and there were no "tricks" other than idling while juggling the torches, Of course, that in itself is not easy...unless you are good at juggling.
Discussed a little bit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaalrus View Post
The torch juggler is Frank Olivier, fantastic entertainer and member of the Berkeley Revolution Unicycle Basketball Team. His unicycle ballet is awesome and inspiring.
I'm sure Frank knew exactly what he was doing when he grabbed Howie's head.
waaalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 03:59 AM   #4
tholub
Totally Doable

That would be Frank Olivier, http://www.funnyfrank.com/

Frank's been a pro performer for a long time, and he's hilarious; a lot of his show you can't really put on TV. His "Twisted Cabaret" show is totally worth seeing if you get a chance. He's also the starting center on the Berkeley Revolution uni basketball team.

His comment on AGT is that it's not a talent show, it's a reality show about a talent show.
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 04:44 AM   #5
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholub View Post
His comment on AGT is that it's not a talent show, it's a reality show about a talent show.
Absolutely, because you can't really judge these kinds of performers and groups against each other, since they are all different areas. Also not as many people would watch it if it were a more true talent competition. It's entertainment, that's why they show the bad performers as well!

I thought he was great, and I will gladly give his other work a look when I get the chance
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1st, agt, performer, season, unicyclist