Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-05-03, 01:48 PM   #1
rob1
Unicyclist

hillbilly gloves

been reading some of the reviews dont know weather to get full finger or half i have quite wide hands and short fingers can only get online so carnt try them on any advice would be great
rob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 05:22 PM   #2
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Short fingers fit true to size, even fat hands should fit fine as the back of the gloves are stretch.

Long fingers fit big and long, go down one size.

I have both style, rarely use the long fingers. Short fingers are cooler, grip fine, less cumbersome, and still very supportive with a single side splint.

For winter use I wear the short fingers until it gets cold enough that my fingers start getting numb, then I throw a nylon mitten shell over them and that keeps everything toasty.
Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 07:23 PM   #3
rob1
Unicyclist

thanks ben short fingers it is then
Old 2011-05-03, 09:59 PM   #4
rob1
Unicyclist

been looking for sizes my hands are 10" round and 8"from tip of middle finger to wrist guna go fingerless do you think L or XL
Old 2011-05-04, 06:11 AM   #5
scott ttocs
Unicyclist

My hand is 9" around above the thumb and 8" from finger tip to wrist. I have the old brown gloves in a large size. They fit fine in the hand and there is some extra room, so that should not be a problem for you. I find that the wrist strap is shorter than I would like, but I would not go up a size to get the longer one.

I understand the that current version (grey or black?) may be slightly larger. If that is the case I would definitely recommend a large rather than an extra larger.

Scott
scott ttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 05:50 PM   #6
rob1
Unicyclist

thanks scott ill get the large might have to be the brown ones we dont seem to get the latest stuff in the uk
Old 2011-05-04, 06:08 PM   #7
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Robi, we have about the same sized hands, your middle finger may be a tad (1/4") longer than mind depending where you're measuring, but our hand thickness is about the same.

The original "brown" Hillbillys fit smaller, so an XL in those short finger or long finger would fit. In the new "black" version, go XL in the short finger or L in the long finger. If you are unsure about getting a L in the longer finger, then just get the XL, it's not that big, just bigger than a typical XL glove.

The new black Hillbilly gloves are better built.

For reference, I wear an XL in all gloves and mitts.
Old 2011-05-04, 07:13 PM   #8
rob1
Unicyclist

nice one ben ill hold out for the black ones
Old 2011-05-10, 02:54 AM   #9
skilewis74
Stupidity gets you 2 of these:

Send a message via Yahoo to skilewis74
Thumbs up

I have short fingers and going by a palm circumference like most purchasing guides suggest I would take a large, but I usually get a medium because of the fingers and I like a snug fit.

I got these fingerless in a Med. and they fit loose like a large on the big side. Also the thumb extention is made too far back causing pain in my thumb's webbing. So I cut a slit there, then it fit close to perfect except that it was even more loose.

I'd get them again, but a size down from my normal medium, and do that mod since I don't know of anyone else who makes gloves w/ braces.

-I had a pair of KH Pulses, the red ones, but to get a decent amount of protection I had to get the wrist strap too tight for me (I preffer a stiff brace and keep the strap kind of loose).

What's next?
Learn2Ride&doTricks
TrialsClasses&Building
skilewis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 06:27 PM   #10
rob1
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
Robi, we have about the same sized hands, your middle finger may be a tad (1/4") longer than mind depending where you're measuring, but our hand thickness is about the same.

The original "brown" Hillbillys fit smaller, so an XL in those short finger or long finger would fit. In the new "black" version, go XL in the short finger or L in the long finger. If you are unsure about getting a L in the longer finger, then just get the XL, it's not that big, just bigger than a typical XL glove.

The new black Hillbilly gloves are better built.

For reference, I wear an XL in all gloves and mitts.
at last they have come i got the black short finger XL glad i dint get smaller size just fit nice a bit tight on the way in but ok on they seem good qualaty guna have to get used to the bent wrist piece they seem strange when on and im thinkin does the end stick in your arm when you fall off
Old 2011-05-24, 01:49 PM   #11
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Quote:
im thinkin does the end stick in your arm when you fall off
Yeah, they totally stick in my arm, so I had my arm surgically altered to make them fit better
Old 2011-05-24, 04:41 PM   #12
rob1
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
Yeah, they totally stick in my arm, so I had my arm surgically altered to make them fit better
ill have to get booked in the docs for my arms sorting out
Old 2017-09-20, 06:42 PM   #13
sacherjj
Unicyclist

Anyone using the Hillbilly gloves not get dark gray hands after sweating? This black leather bleeds something awful.
sacherjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 05:37 AM   #14
Siddhartha Valmont
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
Anyone using the Hillbilly gloves not get dark gray hands after sweating? This black leather bleeds something awful.
I do not have Hillbillies but I got the same thing with a pair of bike gloves that let some of the pigments go under very wet circumstances (very hot ride and hand cleaning).

It is annoying but not toxic AFAIK.
Siddhartha Valmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 06:06 AM   #15
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Mine don’t bleed. They’re ~2.5 years old and have been used in hot, cold and wet.

Tags
gloves, hillbilly