Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-06-01, 07:44 AM   #46
bouin-bouin
Didier

Same for me, my 1st 5-10 were 7 and too small, second is 7.5 ....
my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)
bouin-bouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 04:56 PM   #47
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Well, I guess the sizing could be wacked on the Barons, mine are pretty big for 13's, easilly as big as 14's, which is why I generally order a size run and pick the ones that fit best, then send the others back. I like roomy better than tight, so I'm just riding mine big.

I have a bunch of days on them now, all muni, wet and dry weather, not a problem yet, very durable, great traction. I'd take a little more sole stiffness, but they're so comfortable that I'd be afraid it would make them feel too bulky like the Impacts.
Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 07:50 PM   #48
DhEXED
n00bie

The Barons I got fit perfectly. The size was dead on even just a tad roomy. My only complaint is that the sole marks the crap out of linoleum floors so don't where them in the kitchen.

DhEXED

Last edited by DhEXED; 2011-06-06 at 07:51 PM.
DhEXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 04:44 AM   #49
Tincher Teach
Unicyclist

Hello Ben,

I have been looking for a new pair of shoes and have read what you have said about the Baron. I understand you say they run a half size large. So a 12 is more like a 12 1/2? I generally were a size 12, but have a rather wide foot so I usually purchase a size 13 to compensate for the lack of width in a standard size 12. That being said, do you think it wise to get a 13 as I usually do? I realize I could purchase two pair (one a 12 and one a 13) but thought I would get your input before going any further.

Thanks for the review. This is just the kind of input that I have come to appreciate from this forum.
Tincher Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 02:01 PM   #50
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

I don't think the make 1/2 sizes above 11.5, so I'd order a 12 and 13, then send back the ones that don't fit. I felt like my 13 were really long and wide, ended up using a thin spacer and medium thick insole to get a decent fit.

sOver time the sole have taken on a bit of curve from use, so they do seem to closer to my normal sizing, though still a very roomy shoe. I prefer a roomy shoe, so no complaints from me!

I have quite a few rides in my Barons over the past few months, maybe 30-40 outings, up to twenty miles muni, no chaffing, still very comfy, and the shoes shoe minimal wear even wherer the pedals meet the sole.

Great shoes!
Old 2011-06-25, 09:36 PM   #51
Tincher Teach
Unicyclist

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the input. I contacted Five Ten and they recommended the 13 per my need for a wider shoe. You are correct, of course, in that there are no 1/2 sizes for the Baron in 12's and 13's.

I ordered the 13 (not much for returning items, but I understand your point-no lag time in getting the size that fits). The Baron's will be at my door Monday along about the time my Oregon arrives. I'll keep you posted on both. Thanks again.
Old 2011-06-27, 12:18 PM   #52
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Quote:
The Baron's will be at my door Monday along about the time my Oregon arrives.
Ya should know, red and green don't go together
Old 2011-06-29, 05:51 PM   #53
Tincher Teach
Unicyclist

Hello Ben,

Got my Baron's the other day. Red and green don't clash, plenty of trees and bushes with red fruit and flowers, besides I'm not out to make a fashion statement. I'm just looking out for my feet. The size 13 fits like a glove on my size 12 wide foot. Still getting used to the Oregon, but the shoes feel great.

This may be a dumb question, but as far as the laces go, I've compared the site photos for lacing patterns and from what I can tell once they are tied you just tuck the laces under the tongue. Is this the case? Doing my best here. It's a new experience for me, but I'm working on it.
Old 2011-06-30, 05:51 PM   #54
DhEXED
n00bie

Tincher Teach

I got some Yankz and put them on and I'm here to tell ya, they rock!
They take about half a day to adjust and get them the titeness that you like but then no more loose shoelaces!

There like $8.00 too
DhEXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 07:56 PM   #55
wsettle
Unicyclist

I have barons as well. I don't have a pic of the barons but this link shows how I tuck mine in... http://klaasbil.home.xs4all.nl/shoe.htm
wsettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 01:39 AM   #56
Tincher Teach
Unicyclist

Thanks guys for the input on the lacing issue. Tucking the laces seems to work fine so I'll keep that up for now. Seems natural enough.

Checked out the Yankz on ebay. Plenty to choose from...think I'll go for the green laces.
Reminds me of Christmas.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:54 PM   #57
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsettle View Post
I have barons as well. I don't have a pic of the barons but this link shows how I tuck mine in... http://klaasbil.home.xs4all.nl/shoe.htm
Wow, that is me, about ten years ago. Legacy picture.
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:29 PM   #58
Tincher Teach
Unicyclist

Hmmm....
Interesting, funny how things from the past keep popping up. I saw a you tube instructional video on lacing running shoes that have a similar lacing pattern as the five/ten's. Also a vintage looking video on setting up the Yankz.

Who knew there were so many ways to tie a shoe lace. Would probably drive a kindergartner crazy.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:57 AM   #59
knoxuni
wes style!!

Send a message via Skype™ to knoxuni
i just did the re-soul kit on some sam hills and it was ok. sould last quite a while longer. the 2nd one did better than the 1st one
Old 2011-11-21, 06:32 AM   #60
OutdoorJunkie
Addicted to muni!

I have 5 ten Freerider shoes and find them great
OutdoorJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews, riding, shoe, ten