Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-04-12, 02:39 PM   #1
Riot
RespectTheWheel

Send a message via AIM to Riot Send a message via Yahoo to Riot
KoxxOne Vs Kris Holm

I am sure this is a thread somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

I currently have a Kris Holm 20"..A few years old. I am just ready to change it up a bit and was checking out some Koxx One uni's. I notice from browsing here they seem to be the top 2 brands, I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the big debate....

I really like the White Russian model of the K1 but am not asking to compare that specific model...

Just looking for input from fellow riders.
Thanks!
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 03:49 PM   #2
raymanh
KH20" trials

They are both similar, but considering the very large price difference now between them, I'd say go for the Koxx One.

There have been a few threads on here with links to Koxx uni's that are like $200 or something.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:56 PM   #3
knoxuni
wes style!!

Send a message via Skype™ to knoxuni
I got 2 Koxx ones and love them super good quality and strong. For the price they are 200usd it's a great bang for the buck!
Old 2011-04-12, 04:19 PM   #4
Riot
RespectTheWheel

Since I already own a KH20 and it's the higher price of the two options, let's just talk about quality in comparison and not bang for your buck.

Also- I found the K1's for 250$ new on eBay... but haven't seen the 200$ price tag... Do you gentlemen have a link?
Old 2011-04-12, 04:28 PM   #5
knoxuni
wes style!!

Walmart.com then search unicycle
Old 2011-04-12, 04:55 PM   #6
thestig
Ryan Blakemore.

Send a message via MSN to thestig
K1 produces good quality parts, apart from the devil frames which have incredibly thin tubing which dents and snaps very easily. KH is generally lighter and stronger. In my case, I run a K1 wheelset and post with a KH frame and saddle - I love it!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
thestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 04:59 PM   #7
Riot
RespectTheWheel

wow. K1 at walmart.
haha..

Alright, well I think maybe, i'll start mismatching parts to customize my KH frame. That seems to be the best idea for the best unicycle.

I honestly don't know much about hubs or crank compatibility... Is there anything specific I should know before starting my research?
Old 2011-04-12, 05:08 PM   #8
knoxuni
wes style!!

The new k1 hubs fit all Isis cranks. And I am considorng a KH longneck frame for my next frame.
Old 2011-04-12, 05:14 PM   #9
raymanh
KH20" trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Since I already own a KH20 and it's the higher price of the two options, let's just talk about quality in comparison and not bang for your buck.

Also- I found the K1's for 250$ new on eBay... but haven't seen the 200$ price tag... Do you gentlemen have a link?
You're probably right about $250, I just remembered the price being two hundred and something.

The consensus is that KH is better.
Old 2011-04-12, 06:46 PM   #10
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Search the forums for the K1 deals, there are so many threads about them, I even made another post just a day or so ago with another website we have found them at.

I bought 2 of the K1's, a 24 and a 20. Love them both. The devil frame (which is the same as the 24" frame) does seem very fragile, and my 24 muni has a few large dents in the frame already. The only KH I own at the moment is a KH 29 and love it, KH is known for being the shiz. You can tell the parts are of quality. Also KH saddles are amazing.
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 07:04 PM   #11
saddlepunk
trying to redress the imbalance

In my experience you get what you pay for - you don't see KH unicycles being dumped at bankrupt stock prices.
saddlepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 07:15 PM   #12
knoxuni
wes style!!

The reason Koxx-ones are going cheap is because they are releasing a new product soon.
Old 2011-04-12, 07:48 PM   #13
Riot
RespectTheWheel

Thanks guys!
I think I am going to upgrade my KH20... I'd like to find somewhere to powder coat it, I hate that blue.

Before aesthetics though, I want to upgrade to wheel and maybe tire, also- cranks are a must. Mine are far too long...

What length crank size do you recommend for trials?
figure ill keep all my questions in this one thread...
Old 2011-04-12, 08:03 PM   #14
aidanteleki
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxuni View Post
The reason Koxx-ones are going cheap is because they are releasing a new product soon.
I don't agree with this because first of all arthur caron and the others behind koxx one are a bunch lazy bastards.

To answer the topic question koxx-one is very cheap, but seeing as you already have a KH uni that seems to be fine I'd just stick with it. What type of riding do you do? As for trials a KH uni is perfectly good. You did mention that you thought Koxx and KH are the two top companies out there. I think you should rethink that, because Impact as also a very good company with high quality parts and in my opinion it leaves koxx in the dust in most areas.

Anyways koxx has some very nice parts such as there seat posts called "pit fighter" and they also have nice bouncy tires (the new ones are the best bounciest)

In the end though it's all your decision, but I suggest you mix and match your uni a little bit to what you really like! I have a mix of all three companies at the moment. But if you really want to give you money to the right person then it's definitely KH who's earned it.
Old 2011-04-12, 08:09 PM   #15
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlepunk View Post
In my experience you get what you pay for - you don't see KH unicycles being dumped at bankrupt stock prices.
You can tell yourself that if you like.
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holm, koxxone, kris