Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-04-05, 12:28 PM   #1
David_Stone
New York Unicycle Club

West Coast (CA) unicyclists needed for TV show

A friend of mine who works in television has asked me to help casting for a show for her. I think it's basically 'extra' work (no starring roles for unicyclists!).

My friend writes (I edit):
We need 4 unicyclists for an upcoming episode of "Zeke and "Luther." Promise not to laugh...the look is...biker gang.

The show is AFTRA, but because it's such a special skill, non-members probably are ok, and/or can be Taft-Hartley'd.

"People interested can email me pictures and contact information to centralelana@gmail.com, I believe it works Monday 4/11."

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
David_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 08:23 PM   #2
maestro8
is what it is

CA is a rather large state. Can you tell us the vicinity of the need?
Old 2011-04-06, 12:31 AM   #3
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

I'll give you one (likely) guess.

Yes, Maestro and I are about 6-7 hours from LA by car (longer if you go the speed limit). Hey, aren't you from a similar state? According to many New Yorkers, you used to live in "New York" but now you live in "the sticks," right?

It's kind of sad that in a metro area as big as LA they can't seem to scrape up enough unicyclists even to do a (strange) Ford commercial...

"I think God gave us two wheels for a reason." -- Bodfish

Last edited by johnfoss; 2011-04-06 at 12:32 AM.
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:48 AM   #4
MuniAddict
Not "2" Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
It's kind of sad that in a metro area as big as LA they can't seem to scrape up enough unicyclists even to do a (strange) Ford commercial...
They easily could *if* more unicyclists had agents! It was a SAG gig, so unless you have an agent, you don't have much chance of even knowing about the gig. And you can't just walk on the Fox lot or wherever without valid representation, no matter how good you might be. And I will be happy to take as many "strange" commercials as I can get! And not to jinx it, but I've got another national spot lined up!

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-04-06 at 12:56 AM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 01:30 AM   #5
Wiskow
Unicyclist

David_Stone, I sent off an email. Sounds like fun!

Last edited by Wiskow; 2011-04-06 at 01:31 AM.
Wiskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 04:27 AM   #6
GShoe
Unicyclist

If it's close enough then maybe... I'm doubtful cause I live in nor cal
GShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 04:36 AM   #7
GShoe
Unicyclist

Spencer Hochberg!

Holy crap! They should try to get Spencer Hochberg to do the show. He goes to UCLA which hopefully isn't too far away from the studio. Who could be better to represent unicycling on mainstream TV?
GShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:10 AM   #8
Spencer Hochberg
!

Send a message via AIM to Spencer Hochberg Send a message via MSN to Spencer Hochberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GShoe View Post
Holy crap! They should try to get Spencer Hochberg to do the show. He goes to UCLA which hopefully isn't too far away from the studio. Who could be better to represent unicycling on mainstream TV?
Thanks, not sure that I have a biker gang image. For this stuff they usually just want people that fit the look and don't care if you're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict"
They easily could *if* more unicyclists had agents! It was a SAG gig, so unless you have an agent, you don't have much chance of even knowing about the gig. And you can't just walk on the Fox lot or wherever without valid representation, no matter how good you might be. And I will be happy to take as many "strange" commercials as I can get! And not to jinx it, but I've got another national spot lined up!
A while ago I sent stuff to a couple different agents that looked awesome, then I never heard anything from them. I'd like to do more tv stuff though.
Spencer Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coast, needed, show, unicyclists, west