Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-02-17, 02:33 PM   #1
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

Send a message via AIM to unifreak7 Send a message via MSN to unifreak7
Why oh why unicycling world?

I'm curious... There are a couple aspect of human behavior I understand, and this is one I feel must be dealt with. That's the question, why oh why have so many unicyclists still held grudges against me? Here are my answers...
1. You think I'm a dick cause I didn't give respect to the videos that deserved them.
A - That's actually not entirely true, if a person hopped dramatically, I gave nothing. That's riding for the trick, and not riding for the sport. Make the tricks look good and it'll attract more people than doing amazing tricks.
2. 9/11?
A - This one would be the sadness. Simple because I aim on the physics of a situation, with no credible physics experience from agruers that agrument stands. Don't be so emotional about things.
3 - That I quit unicycling close to the top.
A - This one is a stretch, and no one would admit to it if it were right; however, that last competition more internationally was Germany WK3, and I won that one. Since I had gathered haters already I could understand some unicyclists wanted to beat me. But since an injury and schooling, riding really couldn't happen for me anymore. So some never got the chance to actually beat me. (Except Kelly Hickman NAUCC 2008 Street)
4 - That I wanted to make money off of unicycling, so I quit outputting youtube vids.
A - Ever wonder why seriously riders quit riding around 18-20. University calls... Without any promise of money, and a job, unicycling can't continue aggressively, it's too dangerous, and damaging towards their future. Just look at the numerous examples. Now unicycling will still improve, but it's like waves on a shore approaching high tide. The waves get higher and higher, but it's always a new replaving wave that climbs that bit higher. Youtube makes it difficult for any body outside the sport to take the sport seriously. Because everything is on youtube. No credibility there. Sure it helps you get better, and maybe brings in a person or two, but without any credibility to how good this sport is, it won't get big, people can't get jobs from it, and unicycling will always be progressive and agressive for 18-20 and under. That's sad since i'm 22. I wish I could still ride.
5 - I'm just a dick.
A - I get that I'm like that from online, people have mentioned that to my face at conventions and told me I'm much different in person. Better... But thinking I'm a dick is most likely derived from one of the above. You don't hate somebody just because they are who they are. That would make you a dick. lol. (Or douchebag).
6 - Jealously
A - This one wouldn't be told either. Whatever... I did do a lot of good things for a little while there. Chilling with Dan was sick and everything like that. Good times were had.

Haters will go out of their way to "hate" (discourage). A few haters will speak much more loudly than many fans. Even thinking now, fans probably won't read this, there is no point for them, I understand, and that's cool, haters will do it on hate alone. But they will get through it. I guess it's up to them to actually answer.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. To catch two insults early, play on the word "fans" or not actually getting through it all.
Old 2011-02-17, 05:18 PM   #2
JohnnyReggae
Half the bike, half the sanity

From my point of view I have nothing against you at all. You stopped unicycling for your reasons, no worries really. Many people stop doing things they are good at either because they are bored or move onto doing other things.

Do I miss seeing your killer uni skills .... definitely. But as with everything, there will always be someone better coming along at some point.

At the end of the day you need to do what you enjoy doing and what inspires you ... whatever that is.

Keep smiling
JohnnyReggae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:34 PM   #3
maestro8
is what it is

I'ma let you finish, but Kris Holm is the best unicyclist ever...
Attached Images

Old 2011-02-17, 10:15 PM   #4
unibikeling
Vendetta Against Freestylers

Send a message via AIM to unibikeling Send a message via MSN to unibikeling Send a message via Yahoo to unibikeling
this thread is lulzy.

Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!-My Videos

Sprite Off Winner 08~
unibikeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:46 PM   #5
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

I think you're fine, I haven't talked to you or anything, but I think you're cool. But I have to disagree with quitting because of age and danger in relation to school and income. We have all sorts of ages on this forum and there are all types of unicycling. I could see quitting doing insane things, but why quit the sport altogether? Was it just not fun anymore?
Dane M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 02:37 AM   #6
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

number 6 most likely.
Old 2011-02-19, 06:26 AM   #7
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

I was hoping to get more out of that but it's all good.

I was strict to those riders that were good, cause I wanted to see better, I was jealous of a lot of riders for either learning quickly (more quickly than I) or having amazing climate giving them more riding time. More so, I didn't want to quit riding but this damn school and life took away progressive riding, and without progressive riding I just found dancing more fun. Sorry about all the shit, though. If that means anything now.

-Shaun Johanneson
Old 2011-02-19, 06:28 AM   #8
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

A good reason, and I can see dance as a reputable alternative. What type of dance do you do?
Old 2011-02-19, 08:00 AM   #9
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

I'm not a hater. I just think you need to seek mental health help.

Or if not, make it #2. The sadness, oh, the sadness!

"I think God gave us two wheels for a reason." -- Bodfish
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 09:44 PM   #10
feel the light
level 1 fat guy

I am always willing to hate the young

Just trying to be helpful. Anyone who says they quit at 22 because they are to old, is a pussy. I performed juggling shows at twice your age. You are to young to even know if you have quit, apparently this is your first time.

If you want attention and respect for doing something, go for it old man. I suggest you try singing a more catchy tune than, "22 , and to old to ride". Or find a more receptive audience than a unicycle forum, to chat up the joys of being to old to ride riding unicycles, to people twice your age.

You are not a teenage Chinese gymnast. Stop writing like one, and learn some actual life physics. You may step off the stage, but the stage will never step off of you. If you are prepared at 22 to be normal, accepted as boring and normal, really let it rest, you would suck worse as a champion than you do now. You ow all your talent (and drama queen posts) to the love of the stage. It is normal to turn your back and walk away. It is normal for any artist to do this. It's just a stage. Then you see being treated as normal sucks, and you start practicing again, getting ready for the next stage. Performers get treated better and have more fun than normal people. You can only quit when you feel you suck. The temptation to make $, show off, met fun people etc. , is what you say you will quit. Good luck with that. I pity your liver if you go that road.
feel the light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 02:26 AM   #11
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

Lol. That was funny. Life physics, um... Too old to have time, it's the university life, too tough to juggle major, minor, working, and still have time to progressively ride. If i'm not riding progressively, riding isn't fun. So I switched to dancing (break, pop, lock, krump, hip hop stuff) and it's much more demanding than unicycling (physically). So please read my story before jumping to such hostility. If you are over twice my age, start typing like it. "Pussy" should NOT be in your vocabulary anymore. (It isn't even in mine). And as the stage goes, unicycling, ran out of time, engineering, too boring, now youtubing. That's where it's been. As far as dancing, it's only been for entertainment. (I wouldn't consider dancing ever being my stage.)
Old 2011-02-20, 02:58 AM   #12
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

on what do you base that pussy should not be in a 44 year olds vocabulary?
A person vocabulary grows with age, they dont have to get ride of certain words in order to make room for more grown up ones.
Old 2011-02-20, 03:02 AM   #13
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbogonist View Post
A person vocabulary grows with age, they dont have to get ride of certain words in order to make room for more grown up ones.
Hey hey, you shouldn't say "grown up" at your age, replace with "adult"
Old 2011-02-20, 03:06 AM   #14
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

I am not quite that grown up yet.

But then again thats not for me to decide..
Old 2011-02-20, 03:19 AM   #15
Dane M
Muni Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbogonist View Post
I am not quite that grown up yet.

But then again thats not for me to decide..
Well maybe you can replace it with "mature" until then.

Tags
unicycling, world