Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2009-07-29, 10:28 PM   #1
crsbryan
New Unicyclist

Performance Bicycle unicycle - Any good?

I'm new to unicycling. At least, I will be when my unicycle arrives. I ordered one at Performance Bicycle. Has anyone had any experience with these? I get the impression most of their house brand bikes are Taiwanese, and have decent parts.

If I had more time, I would have waited for a deal on a Torker, Sun, or Schwinn on everyone's favorite auction site. But I also have a time limit. I posed a challenge at work, for everyone to go outside their comfort zone and try something different. I'll be trying to learn to ride a unicycle.

Has anyone given one of these a shot already?
crsbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 01:20 AM   #2
OrganicSteam
Unicyclist

Their store in Philly is nice. I've bought a bunch over different items from them. Every time I've went there my experience has been a positive one.
Plus they have great prices.
OrganicSteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 02:40 AM   #3
crsbryan
New Unicyclist

Well, here it is, starting with the crate. As parts, it didn't seem that sturdy, but felt better as I assembled and tightened everything. Not much for markings anywhere on it. Now, to try to learn to balance on it...

crsbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 10:43 PM   #4
DSchmitt
Human Gyroscope

when you learn, just don't do any drops or anything. if it turns out you enjoy unicycling and wanna do something else like mountain unicycling or trials, you'll def need a new one...really though whatever style you end up riding youll need a new one.

this, however, will be perfect for learning
DSchmitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bicycle, good, performance, unicycle