Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-06-26, 01:58 PM   #61
unibikeling
Vendetta Against Freestylers

Send a message via AIM to unibikeling Send a message via MSN to unibikeling Send a message via Yahoo to unibikeling
even if you dont listen to MJ, you have to give respect to him.

he changed the music (in some aspects).

for instance, Weird Al.

Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!-My Videos

Sprite Off Winner 08~
unibikeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 02:07 PM   #62
Goats_On_Unicycles
Nice kids don't drop acid

Eat it! Eat it!
Go get an egg and beat it!!

If my government ever decides to blow me up, I hope they will choose to do it in a humane way also.

~johnfoss

hinunggbinu!!!

~JJtheunicycle

Last edited by Goats_On_Unicycles; 2009-06-26 at 02:08 PM.
Goats_On_Unicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 02:09 PM   #63
Goats_On_Unicycles
Nice kids don't drop acid

But Weird Al isn't really an innovator... he's just a funny songwriter.
Jackson revolutionized pop.

If my government ever decides to blow me up, I hope they will choose to do it in a humane way also.

~johnfoss

hinunggbinu!!!

~JJtheunicycle
Goats_On_Unicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 02:11 PM   #64
Probailer2
Say no to drugs!

He was a great entertainer and made good music, you cant deny that.
But you also can't deny he made some bad choices to.
Still, sad thing for the music world.
RIP MJ
If somebody cloned your mother would you have sex with the clone? I should think not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni
I don't like having penis written all over my uni .
Quote:
Originally Posted by manon1wheel
no offense but deads look plain old gross...
Probailer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 02:23 PM   #65
Linusk
Cruisin'

Even though I don't listen to Michael Jackson I got very chocked when I heard the news. I mean, he's such a big legend.
Old 2009-06-26, 03:44 PM   #66
ThisGuyIKnow
a.k.a. Jeff

Send a message via AIM to ThisGuyIKnow
Michael Jackson was proven innocent. Unlike the OJ Simpson case where the public had more information than the jury because so much evidence was thrown out, but still covered in the media. Many of the jurors saw more of the evidence after the trial and formed different opinions then the ones they had when they were only shown limited evidence.

In the Jackson case very little of the actual evidence was covered in the media, the jury had far more information as to what actually than the general public did.

Yes, he settled civil suits out of court, but that doesn't prove guilt of a crime. Often people settle because it's easier to pay out and make it go away than to be dragged through court for months or years.

Creepy and eccentric, yes. Child molester, no. It's not illegal to be creepy or eccentric.
ThisGuyIKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 05:05 PM   #67
splodge88
Unicyclist

His music was legend. His decisions strange. His image amazing. But the whole world was hooked and he will be missed.
splodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 05:46 PM   #68
raymanh
KH20" trials

MJ is a legend. You know how much I like his music- I put Black or White as the music in my first uni video.
raymanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 05:51 PM   #69
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Am I weirdo because this I am not saddened over a criminals death?
No, just a bit of a dick. When somebody dies, it's generally pretty uncool to say "good", especially if they were never convicted of what you believe they did.

OJ Simpson was accused of murder. Even though found not guilty, the victims are still dead. There's no doubt that a crime was committed. Michael was accused of something like lewd acts with minors? Not rape, not fondling that I know of.

But he wasn't found innocent, nor is anyone else in a court of law. You walk in innocent, and either get proven guilty or not. In his case, not. Was he guilty of being creepy? I'd have to say definitely. Would I let my children do a sleepover at his place? No, something the people in the second lawsuit can consider themselves guilty of (there was plenty of warning for them). So I'm not sure if he actually did anything beyond acting like a 10-year old (totally not appropriate for an adult), or even if any of the kids were actually psychologically damaged by any of it. Mostly I got the impression people were after his money.

If you didn't care for Michael's music, you didn't care for it and that's okay. Like it or not he still made the best-selling album of all time, and influenced a generation of musical artists and dancers. I think he also set a standard in music videos that has not been matched (remember when MTV used to show music videos?).

IMHO Michael was mentally ill. I don't know what it's called, but he had that thing where you always hate the way you look no matter what. The do TV specials about it with women who compulsively get plastic surgery until they look gross. This disorder may be worst for people who have the money to mess with their looks. I think Michael was an example of "crazy people should not have unlimited funds." All he may have needed was some counseling (or a lot of counseling), and people in his life to steer him away from his destructive behaviors.

He was damaged by the effects of fame at a very young age, and the pressures of getting to where that fame hit big (no normal childhood). And possibly an abusive father, but many of us have family problems.

I was really shocked to hear about his death yesterday. It was like "NO! He can't be dead NOW, there was no warning! Plus he's only 50!" I was hoping he would get it together again and put out another great album or at least a few more excellent songs.

He was also an amazing performer. Nobody could dance like Michael, not even the many people out there who make their livings by imitating him.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. May you be remembered for your music and other talents, and not so much for your creepiness outside of those areas.

"I think God gave us two wheels for a reason." -- Bodfish

Last edited by johnfoss; 2009-06-26 at 05:53 PM.
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 06:07 PM   #70
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleschramm View Post
I just think it's unfair that celebrities have to go through all that every time they make a mistake. He may be the most famous pedophile on earth...
I think that driving under the influence is indeed terrible, but it sucks that it becomes such a bigger deal when someone is famous.
...he now has to pay by being known worldwide as a child molester, while most child molesters don't have such infamy.
He's not a pedophile. Creepy? Yes. Of the thousands of kids that visited Neverland Ranch and had a great time, he apparently got too close to a few, but there were no convictions. And it doesn't really matter what people believe, does it? People without the facts, which admittedly includes you? Remember, there are people who believe the world is flat, that there are UFOs in their cupboards, that unicycles are impossible to ride, that the Holocaust was made up, that people with different skin color belong to different races, etc.

DUI (and other crimes) don't really become a bigger deal when they happen to a celebrity. They're a huge deal to anyone who gets convicted of one. It costs thousands of dollars, takes away your driving priviledge for a long time and makes it hard to get insurance. If you're a professional driver it ends your career.

But yes, if you're a celebrity, with today's "gossip industry" it's going to have a huge impact on you because everyone finds out about it. Not only finds out, but all the details get pored over in public. And those details are frequently wrong, exaggerated, misunderstood, etc. The world was a better place when people minded their own business more and there wasn't a whole industry devoted to the excavation of dirt on celebrities' every private moment. Also for celebrities, things like a DUI can affect your ability to get work or lead you to being kicked off your reality show. But that may not be much different to the stuff that happens to non-celebrities after a crime like that.

Worldwide, Michael Jackson is known as a huge pop star, not so much as a child molester. In fact calling him that could possibly be considered actionable in court since he was never convicted. Too bad he has to be famous for that, rather than famous for what he's famous for...

"I think God gave us two wheels for a reason." -- Bodfish
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 06:57 PM   #71
Unigurd
Mr. Gurd

Send a message via Skype™ to Unigurd
Bye MJ

Gosh Unigurd, I didn't realize you were such a beast! - Pigs on Unicycles

UDC Denmark - Unisalg

Trials
Street
Unigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 07:18 PM   #72
Catboy
Roadkill

Send a message via ICQ to Catboy Send a message via AIM to Catboy Send a message via MSN to Catboy
It saddens me to hear people talking down upon one of the greatest musicians of our time, and it angers me that anyone would try to bring up past false accusations as truth and make lightly of them. Your behavior is disgusting. Please refrain from disrespecting the deceased in this thread, for you will make a life long enemy out of me(and others) if you do.

I love Michael Jackson, and will miss his presence greatly. He will be dearly missed by many many adoring fans, of whom I am one. He was the greatest pop musician to ever walk the earth, without a doubt, and his amazing talents will never be forgotten. May he rest in peace. Sham on!
Old 2009-06-26, 07:41 PM   #73
raymanh
KH20" trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Excuse me, I just received a PM by a member here, explaining to me that i'm a weirdo and you all think so.

I don't mean to be a trouble maker here, but seriously, Am I weirdo because this I am not saddened over a criminals death?
Dude when someone dies, it's a sad time. Michael Jackson is not a criminal, he is a legend who perfected the music video and there was no one like him, and there will never be. His music is amazing. So yes, you must be a wierdo, who is fooled by all of the bad press on MJ.
raymanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 07:48 PM   #74
peleschramm
Team Spencer second in command

Send a message via MSN to peleschramm
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
He's not a pedophile...
I don't really disagree with you anywhere here. I never really knew much about him, apart from the Michael Jackson jokes, so I always figured that he may be a pedophile, but I was never even remotely passionate about my opinion that he is a pedophile. Besides, perhaps he was a pedophile, but an abstinent one .

And in regards to my DUI analogy I was referring ONLY to the absolutely ridiculous gossip industry that this nation has.

Inventor of the Slapflip.

Last edited by peleschramm; 2009-06-26 at 07:48 PM.
peleschramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 09:02 PM   #75
jagur
My Uzi is a Tongue

I always knew this day would come but it's still a shock. Fortunatly I have alot of music and memories of his rise. A 45 year career!

Maybe now we will see the official release of Moonwalker on DVD in America.
Will his kids have talent? Expect to see lots of tell all books in future. Good and bad.

Goodbye mike.

Heal the world, make it a better place.
-------MUNI MILITIA -------
One Wheeled Death Squad

twitter> @shot of jagur
jagur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, dead, jackson, michael, wurst