|2009-05-13, 01:01 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mayhem, OR
Magura modified HS22 Magura brakes for KH36 and 36” Schlumpf wheels: $90 shipped
Magura modified HS22 Magura brakes for KH36 and 36” Schlumpf wheels: $90 each, shipped.
Seems like even well built and properly tensioned 36” wheels can rub on Magura rim brake pads under acceleration or idling, especially with the narrower hub used in the Kris Holm and Schlumpf hub 36ers.
I’ve been experimenting with building the ideal Magura brake combination for the 36” unicycle wheel to avoid unwanted brake pad contact with the rim and increase braking control.
I even went as far as precisely measuring the distances that the different Magura brake levers (HS22, HS24 and HS33) will drive the brake pads (see attached word file after the pictures) and I came up with a sweet hybrid set-up that combines the HS22 lever body’s huge 16mm piston and the shorter adjustable HS33 lever blade with the red TPA knob on it. This lever blade is pretty short so it will not stick out too much from your T-7 handlebar and this lever blade will accept a KH spooner.
I made up five of these this last week and I’m riding one of them on my single speed KH36 right now, one went to Naturequack in Ashland to try out on his Schlumpf 36er and I have three others to sell here.
See pictures below . . .
NOTE: I HAVE THREE IDENTICAL SETS OF THE BLACK BRAKES FOR SALE. THE PHOTOS OF THE RED AND BLUE LEVERS ARE JUST FOR REFERENCE. THE RED LEVER IS A STOCK HS22 LEVER/LEVER BLADE AND THE BLUE ONE IS THE MODIFIED ONE I'M KEEPING ON MY KH36.
I tried this on a 20 mile urban ride on my KH36 this weekend and there was no brake pad rubbing at all and that nifty red TPA knob let me dial in exactly where the brake pads would rest when not being used. This lever worked great! I’m also taking my KH36 with this brake on a century ride with some big hills this weekend with three other Unicycle Bastards on 36ers, so we’ll be using brakes a lot.
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:
• Really the only semi-custom part here is the lever: A lightly used HS22 lever body that I stripped of its original finish and had professionally powder coated satin black. I reassembled the lever with a slightly modified new pre-2005 HS33 lever blade, filling the extra pivot pin width with ground and polished stainless steel washers (see close-up picture). This lever combination will drive the brake pads a whopping 14.3 mm (both sides added together) compared to the anemic 10mm travel that the smaller stock HS33 lever provides.
• Lightly used black wheel cylinders that show almost no wear, connected by a 9” cross over tube.
• Lightly used black Magura brake pads.
• What ever length of Magura brake line you specify between the lever and wheel cylinders.
• Bled and tested: I flush all used brakes with fresh Magura blue blood and bleed it twice for you before I pack and ship it. Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun - and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full power to check for leaks without having to bolt them up to a unicycle frame. See picture of the Maggie test rig in my other brake ads on here.
These brakes will fit on any Kris Holm 36” unicycle, Hunter 36” unicycle or any unicycle that comes with dedicated four-bolt Magura mounts that look like this: http://www.inspiredbicycles.com/imag...own-mounts.jpg
Comes with what you see in the pictures, so you will still need to get a set of Magura four bolt mounting hardware like this : http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=907 to mount the brake on your unicycle.
Shipping from Portland, OR to anywhere in the USA is included in the price. I’m also OK shipping to Canada for another $5 USD. Contact me if you want shipping to somewhere else. Paypal works best for me.
I also have other new and used HS33’s for sale too.
Brycer1968. A more direct way to communicate with me is e-mail email@example.com
|$90, 36”, brakes, for sale: north america, hs22, kh36, magura, modified, schlumpf, shipped, wheels|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[For Sale: North America] Magura HS22 brakes in Kris Holm Blue!!! close to mint condition||brycer1968||Trading Post||23||2009-05-29 01:19 AM|
|magura brakes for 36er wheels, brake pad travel distances, HS33, HS24 and HS22||brycer1968||General Unicycling Discussions||2||2009-05-04 12:12 AM|
|[For Sale: North America] Used magura HS33 and HS24 brakes for sale||brycer1968||Trading Post||0||2009-05-02 08:11 AM|
|[For Sale: North America] Three sets, magura brakes, HS22 and HS11, new/like new||brycer1968||Trading Post||3||2009-03-19 02:13 AM|
|Magura HS22||oxfordrider||General Unicycling Discussions||3||2004-09-08 12:50 PM|