Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-04-01, 02:12 AM   #1
UDC
Unicyclist

Happy 10th Anniversary Unicycle.com!!

Dear fellow unicyclists:

Thank you for ten great years! Unicycle.com was launched on March 31, 1999. We had a humble beginning, but we had big dreams. John and I assembled our first unicycles on our living-room sofa! Over the years, we have partnered with other unicycling enthusiasts in North America, Europe, Asia and Oceana, and Unicycle.com is now probably the largest retailer of unicycles in the world. And there’s more to come!

To celebrate this milestone, we have donated unicycles, safety gear and training material to Boys & Girls Clubs of America locations in Chicago, Los Angeles and Newark. Part of their mission is to provide a safe environment that fosters learning and personal development. Unicycling is an upscale activity that will surely bring years of enjoyment to the boys and girls.

We believe in giving back to the community that supports us, and we will continue to support unicycling events. We’ve donated unicycles and safety gear to clubs for fundraising events and for door prizes. We’ve supported the Unicycling Society of America and the scholarship fund that bears its name.

Our new website will go live within a few weeks, and we’re really excited about it! Once we announce that it is available, we will ask you to browse the site and send feedback.

Congratulations to Rolf Thompson and his family for a successful 10th Moab MUnifest. John said it was the best one he has attended. We owe the Thompson family our gratitude for all the time and effort invested in bringing us together year after year. Thank you, Rolf!

Josh Torrans, general manager of Unicycle.com, announced at Moab that we’re planning a series of sales. That begins tomorrow, April 1. Look out! Here it comes!

Thanks again for your support during these exciting ten years. You are the reason our company exists, and we look forward to serving you for a lifetime.
1-800-Unicycle
UDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:14 AM   #2
hopeful
Certified Welder

Happy 10th Birthday! I've been shopping with you guys since 2002, and have never had anything less than a completely satisfactory experience. Keep up the good work.

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe

Last edited by hopeful; 2009-04-01 at 02:14 AM.
hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:16 AM   #3
pedrotejada
Europe Winter RoadTrip coming soon!

Send a message via ICQ to pedrotejada Send a message via AIM to pedrotejada Send a message via MSN to pedrotejada Send a message via Skype™ to pedrotejada
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDC View Post
Dear fellow unicyclists:

Thank you for ten great years! Unicycle.com was launched on March 31, 1999. We had a humble beginning, but we had big dreams. John and I assembled our first unicycles on our living-room sofa! Over the years, we have partnered with other unicycling enthusiasts in North America, Europe, Asia and Oceana, and Unicycle.com is now probably the largest retailer of unicycles in the world. And there’s more to come!

To celebrate this milestone, we have donated unicycles, safety gear and training material to Boys & Girls Clubs of America locations in Chicago, Los Angeles and Newark. Part of their mission is to provide a safe environment that fosters learning and personal development. Unicycling is an upscale activity that will surely bring years of enjoyment to the boys and girls.

We believe in giving back to the community that supports us, and we will continue to support unicycling events. We’ve donated unicycles and safety gear to clubs for fundraising events and for door prizes. We’ve supported the Unicycling Society of America and the scholarship fund that bears its name.

Our new website will go live within a few weeks, and we’re really excited about it! Once we announce that it is available, we will ask you to browse the site and send feedback.

Congratulations to Rolf Thompson and his family for a successful 10th Moab MUnifest. John said it was the best one he has attended. We owe the Thompson family our gratitude for all the time and effort invested in bringing us together year after year. Thank you, Rolf!

Josh Torrans, general manager of Unicycle.com, announced at Moab that we’re planning a series of sales. That begins tomorrow, April 1. Look out! Here it comes!

Thanks again for your support during these exciting ten years. You are the reason our company exists, and we look forward to serving you for a lifetime.
Congratulations UDC! And thanks for all those efforts and years working to bring unicycle products for us!

Hope to see UDC around here soon too And keep up this awesome job! I hope to celebrate the 20th, 30th and many birthdays as possible!

Congratulations!

Brazilian Unicycling Team

Gobble, Gobble!
pedrotejada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:20 AM   #4
Michaelgoround
John 15:13

Happy Birthday unicyle.com thank you for your many years of service!
Michaelgoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 03:09 AM   #5
nathan
BIG rides: 24"/36" on/off road

As a happy customer since the very beginning, I have to say Congratulations and THANKS for all you have done for Unicycling. It was great to see John, Josh and all the boys at Moab, and I hope Casey recovers quickly.

---Nathan
nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:11 AM   #6
TrialsUni
urban trials with a street flare

Send a message via AIM to TrialsUni Send a message via MSN to TrialsUni
Congratulations!

I remember when I ordered my first unicycle from you guys, and you provided excellent customer service!

-Evan
TrialsUni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 12:28 PM   #7
Biggestbtc
Stinky Cheese Man

Happy Anniversary!

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
Biggestbtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 01:54 PM   #8
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
Happy 10th, Amy, John, and all.

To plotz is human, to Schvitz divine.
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:06 PM   #9
UniBrier
Time To Ride

Congrats on the 10th, wish you several decades more.

Long live the Unicycle!

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:23 PM   #10
unicycle6869
Level 10 Rider!

Send a message via MSN to unicycle6869 Send a message via Skype™ to unicycle6869
Happy Birthday and Congrats! Thanks for all that you do to the unicycling community. Here's to another successful 10 years!
Old 2009-04-02, 08:46 AM   #11
1wheelwonder
Me Gusta

unicycle.com, what can I say? the best unicycle shop ever is about right.
Old 2009-04-02, 10:31 AM   #12
Chrashing
O>OO

Happy Anniversary, Congratulations on such a Success!

Hello Amy and John,
You are my hero's, to have broken out of 9-5 work into such a great entrepreneur lifestyle. Thank you for providing unicycle innovation, high quality, good value and the great personal care. Hope you, family and the global team are well. You are the best!

Regards,
Ken

Unicycles are flying machines!

24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
26" inexpensive travel.

Last edited by Chrashing; 2009-04-02 at 10:33 AM.
Chrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 03:25 PM   #13
danger_uni
Kris Holm

Happy Anniversary! It took a lot of courage and commitment to build UDC from that tiny beginning into what you have today. The unicycling could could never have grown the way it has without you.

Kris
danger_uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 04:44 PM   #14
redwelly
Sam Wakeling

Congratulations!
Old 2009-04-02, 09:34 PM   #15
Shadowen925
Yooper's Son

Send a message via AIM to Shadowen925 Send a message via MSN to Shadowen925 Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowen925
Ten years! Wow, makes me try to remember how long ago I started riding.
Congratulations!!

Tags
10th, anniversary, happy, unicyclecom