Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-06-29, 12:39 PM   #1
JustOneWheel
Every One Should Ride One

Thumbs up Please join us for another Long Island MUni Ride, Next Saturday July 5th

It's another action packed day of “Fun On One”, on Long Island’s best rated Muni trails.

Date: Saturday, July 5th
Location: Stillwell Fields, Syosset, N.Y. 11791(directions link below)
I as well as some others should be there between 9:30 and 10:00 (we meet at the back of the ball field parking lot)
Time: 10:00am (till your battery runs dead)
Phone: (516) 702-9807 Call on or before ride day if you need help
E-Mail: adam@justonewheel.com
Requirements: Unicycle, Helmet and what ever additional protection you feel comfortable wearing for this type of riding.

Please e-mail, PM, Phone or post any questions you may have or just let me know you are coming so I can plan the ride and lunch (Free BBQ?) accordingly. BBQ details to follow.

The Long Island Spaghetti Loop is the top rated trail network among mountain bikers on Long Island (see link below). There is an enormous amount of different terrain. You'll find embedded rocks, roots, flat packed dirt trails to loose gravel, stumps, drop off's (nothing too extreme), great hill climbs (not enough to requiring any hiking), down hills and everything in-between.
The terrain can be enjoyed by any type of Uni. This statement has been fully tested. Having a Muni would make things a little more comfortable. Optimal wheel size's range from a 24" to 36". If you want speed, bring your 29's or your big wheels. If you want to play more, bring the 24” MUni. If there is a wide range of skill levels, I will break the group into two groups to accommodate all riders from the slowest to the fastest. All 20”wheel’s would ride with the slower group.

There's great riding for beginners to pro’s, Fun for everyone!

Our rides keep growing.
Riders have come from all over just to ride with very cool people on very cool trails (CT, VA, NJ, PA, NYC, CA, CAN, VT, RI and Long Island).

Search old threads for pictures.
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sea...earchid=567114

Click the link below to check out a short trail review and to get directions from Trails.com. It will help you get a better idea of what awaits you at the Stillwell Spaghetti Loop
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=BGN062-002

Have Fun On One,

Adam and Renie
Old 2008-07-05, 11:48 AM   #2
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

wish i could make it.

is it raining out your way?
Old 2008-07-05, 02:02 PM   #3
maximus unius
Unicyclist

Hi, I wish I could have come today. I really want to come to one of these rides. Do you ever do any in the fall? I'm not going to be around much longer this summer.
maximus unius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 04:19 PM   #4
JustOneWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain
wish i could make it.

is it raining out your way?
Billy,
The rain is on and off. A good bunch of riders were set to come but not into the rain and mud. I prefer rain and mud, it makes things more interesting. Maybe you will hit the next one. It would be great to have you.
Old 2008-07-05, 04:22 PM   #5
JustOneWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus unius
Hi, I wish I could have come today. I really want to come to one of these rides. Do you ever do any in the fall? I'm not going to be around much longer this summer.
We will be riding throughout the fall. The fall has the best riding weather. See you then.

Adam
Old 2008-07-05, 05:15 PM   #6
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Do you have any non-Muni Coker rides planned?
Old 2008-07-06, 01:25 AM   #7
JustOneWheel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain
Do you have any non-Muni Coker rides planned?
I'm working on dates. I have a bunch of people interested in both MUni and street Coker rides. I'll keep you posted. The north shore of Long Island was designed and built for Cokers.

Tags
5th, island, join, july, long, muni, ride, saturday