Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-05-29, 05:45 PM   #16
Danny Colyer
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheres_your_other_wheel
i think its a great idea it will be nice to find all the UK events without having to search for ages.
Which, of course, is what the uk_unicyclists mailing list is for:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_unicyclists/

And, of course, you could always look at the calendar:
http://unicycle.uk.com/calendar.asp
Old 2008-05-29, 05:56 PM   #17
semach.the.monkey
RTL #1 - Team Goonies

Well, I'm not going to be signing up.

I like it here. And one of the main reasons is the good international mix of people, opinions, events and products.

You say that this place is full of shit. Do you mean 'stuff that doesn't have [UK] in the title? If so, then you're going to miss out on a lot of potentially relevant information. Just to take a recent example, Kris Holm recently posted a product recall here for the geared hub. Unless you expect Kris to track down every little forum all over the place, then you will miss out on important info like this. Likewise there are lots of discussions about the best [insert component here] which often gets a good range of response from most of the English speaking countries (and a few others too). The UK scene isn't large enough to provide a sound enough basis for this kind of product debate.

If by full of shit, you mean bickering and flaming, well, I'd rather stay here and chose to ignore it than be a part of a forum where I have to tippy toe around GK Mak for fear of my post offending his precious sentiments and being deleted. Or worse still banned. Free speech is a fantastic thing, and the internet is great for enhancing that. But a forum where you have to conform to the thinking of the host is more like a dictatorship and not somewhere that I am going to post.

Those are just my opinions. You don't have to agree with them - that's your right. But at least I can express them openly here.

STM
semach.the.monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:57 PM   #18
DarkTom
Get up on your roof!

There's something about "Yahoo" that makes me want to stay clear. I don't know why and can't properly explain it, I just don't like the look of it. And "Yahoo Groups" just sounds dodgy to me.

T.

24" uni for sale
koxx/onza trials uni for sale
DarkTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:12 PM   #19
sp4rky-m4rky
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to sp4rky-m4rky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTom
No one said that anyone had to stop using this forum, it's not one or the other!
Yea thats the way I look at it. I will use this forum just the same but I will just check the UK forum everyday or so, checking for upcoming rides and posting If im intrested or feel like aranging a meet.
my Year in vid
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my unispin tutorial
Want to glide? watch my ww tutorial

Last edited by sp4rky-m4rky; 2008-05-29 at 07:12 PM.
sp4rky-m4rky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 07:30 PM   #20
billybrown
Unicyclist

This is something quite interesting, for someone whos only just signed up to this forum.

To all those complaining, Im not sure if this new UK forum was intended to be a replacement for this one, but I certainly dont think it is. Personally I see it more as complimentry. It is true that UK events disappear off the front of this forum quick as a flash, you cant deny that.

But you arent "forced" to use that one completely instead of this one. I read about 3 forums each day. Now its going to be 4, and I can't see how thats going to be a problem, flicking between this one and the UK one.

semach.the.monkey I think you misunderstand about s**t being anything not about the UK. Also I can't see Gk Mak running around and banning everyone, he doesn't come across like that from what Ive seen. I have seen his "properly moderated" comments, but only when forum members have been bullying each other

I may sign up to the UK forum. I may not. But I'll definitely lurk around to see UK event announcements. If people keep posting UK announcements there then I'm sure the forum will work. If it doesn't work, we'll find out in a few months time wont we?
billybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 08:40 PM   #21
Eddbmxdude
THE original 12" Trials vid

Thanks for the support Billy.
Im am in no way saying that the new forum was meant as a replacement for this one. I didn't mean that everything non-UK was shit either. I will still be active and post on here, but its just that the UK stuff is so watered down on here that sometimes it will be nice to go somewhere where almost everything that is posted will be of some relevence to you.

I had intended this to be a friendly thing, so far it looks anything but.....
Old 2008-05-29, 08:51 PM   #22
Into the blue
Groovy!

Send a message via AIM to Into the blue Send a message via MSN to Into the blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddbmxdude
Thanks for the support Billy.
Im am in no way saying that the new forum was meant as a replacement for this one. I didn't mean that everything non-UK was shit either. I will still be active and post on here, but its just that the UK stuff is so watered down on here that sometimes it will be nice to go somewhere where almost everything that is posted will be of some relevence to you.

I had intended this to be a friendly thing, so far it looks anything but.....
Probably didn't help by you describing this forum as too full of shit.
When you throw in a non-specific insult like that, then you kind of insult everyone who posts here.

But that's just my opinion, right?
Get splined an a KH saet or ur a pansy.
Get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.
Into the blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 09:14 PM   #23
bungalistic
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to bungalistic
I'm all for having more unicycling forums out there and I like the idea of having a specific UK based one, it means we can have threads/forum sections dedicated to just UK meets/ride outs etc that can sometimes get lost on this forum due to the number of people posting. It just gives us more chance of spotting theses events if we are browsing two forums.

As the sport grows, more and more forums are bound to start and grow it happens with all sports/hobbies but this one will still be the daddy (or mommy) of them all. I still intend to fully support this forum and use it regularely and hopefully everyone else will including those who find the other smaller forums first.

My Website

Fat-Tyre.co.uk
bungalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 03:07 AM   #24
GizmoDuck
Uni Hour Record Holder 29.993km

No reason why two forums can't co-exist.

We've had the NZ forum (www.unicycle.org.nz) for a few years now, and I post on both. It's sometime nice not to clutter the international forum with very local specific stuff. Like organising transport to events etc.
GizmoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 02:00 PM   #25
Speedwobble
Dane

I am with Gizmoduck on this, the forum should work well alongside this one

I am signed up and ready to go

Dane
Speedwobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 03:35 PM   #26
LucasWintercrane
Unicyclist

man i hate this edd kid hes always trying to ruin stuff,

lol naaaott, ill sign up when i get a chance i dont spend time on the forums much anymore but i will get back into riding properly soonxxx
LucasWintercrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 06:47 PM   #27
epistolize
User: trippin' when i'm trickin'

Send a message via MSN to epistolize
so there's another place to get infos and find out about stuff that will pertain particularly to me.
that's cool

i'm signed up already and both of them are my home page.

i don't see what's the big deal about this being such a bad thing. noones asking people to boycott this forum...
and WORK "I lli T! eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
epistolize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:38 PM   #28
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

I've signed up. Seems a good idea.
Old 2008-06-06, 08:17 PM   #29
thejdw
elcycinu

Send a message via MSN to thejdw
I like British things, Just joined. And btw; will I be shot if I speek lyk dis?

Last edited by thejdw; 2008-06-06 at 08:18 PM.
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:29 PM   #30
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

It's GK running the forum... Of course you will be shot for writing lyk dis m8

Tags
forum, friendly, place, unicyclists