Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-02-16, 02:22 PM   #1
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Send a message via MSN to saskatchewanian Send a message via Skype™ to saskatchewanian
Smile Echo 46mm rear rim (26")

Hey guys, just letting you all know that Hugo at HBtrials is planning on putting out an order from Echo to send on Monday. If you guys want a wide light STRONG rim to replace a DX32 on your 26" MUni you should tell Hugo NOW, before Monday when the order goes out. He says that he doesn't think that he could sell many of these rims since he doesn't sell 36 hole hubs but these are the toughest 26" drilled rims around.

I am getting one to replace my Alex DX32 because I need something wider but don't want the weight penalty of a LM or the clearance issues. I have been warned to stay away from the drilled Try-all since apparently it is quite weak but the only other comparable rim.

I am in no way affiliated with HBtrials but think this is a great opportunity to upgrade a 26" MUni

This rim just might be what 26" MUnis need to get back on par with their 42" brothers.

Peace

ERIC

here is an e-mail I sent yesterday and the reply

Re: Echo 46mm rear rim, Available in 36 hole?‏
Sent: February 16, 2008 7:17:11 AM
To: eric pulvermacher (erc_708@hotmail.com)
Hi Eric,

Echo just recently started to do the 26" rear rims in 36 holes, in black onle. I think they introduced this in december or something and I don't have any in stock now.

I'm preparing an order that I will send them monday, I can of course order a couple of thoses to stock here but I don't sell any 36 holes hubs so I won't sell much. But if you want to wait, I will get some.

If you can't wait, you may be able to find something else, but they are harder to get in 36 holes. I can sometimes get the Try All in 36 holes, but theses rims are not nearly as strong as the Echo. Lighter, but not strong that's for sure!

--

Hugo

hbtrials.com

Le 08-02-16 à 00:10, eric pulvermacher a écrit :

Hey I was just wondering if you had the Echo 46mm rear rim in a 36 hole drilling? I would love a good strong wide drilled rim to replace my DX32 on my Mountain Unicycle.

Thanks

ERIC
Old 2008-02-18, 07:44 AM   #2
mango
unity - as 1 stand together

Send a message via AIM to mango
That's good stuff. I'm not in the market for such a rim right now but may be in the not too far future. Regardless, thanks for taking the time to post this!

Tags
echo 46mm rear rim 26