Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-01-15, 07:10 AM   #1
Tomahawk
T.O.M.A.H.A.W.K.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Outworld
Age: 22
Posts: 665
Michael Vs. Jason

Alright. My friend and I had a heated debate at lunch today about who was better, Michael Myers, or Jason Voorhees. I personally think that Michael is better. First of all, I argued that Jason is sort of a copycat of Michael. My friend argued back that Friday the 13th came out before Halloween. However, that is not true. Halloween came out in 1978, and Friday the 13th came out 2 years later. The reason I say that Jason is a copycat, is that he basically built off of Michael's character. Very strong, silent, and immortal. Halloween created the slasher genre, Friday the 13th just built off of it hoping to cash in on Hallweens huge sucess. But this isn't about who scored more in the boxoffice, it's about the characters Michael and Jason. I think it's way cooler how Michael comes out around Halloween because it's the best time of year, whereas Jason come out on Friday the 13th.

My friend and I both agreed that Jason Voorhees is a cooler name than Michael Myers. And I can agree that Jason is stronger, and bigger in staure, and isn't as affected by pain as Michael. My friend then said that Jason's sig machete is way better than Michael's kitchen knife. But I disagree. Michael doesn't need a big ass machette to do his work. It's nice and small, and stealthy. It can be wielded with much more ease. I just think it looks way cooler to have a big kitchen knife drippng blood, than a big machete. I know most of you will disagree with this, but it's just my personal preference.

Now, as far as back story, I think that Michael's is way better. I mean, he killed his family when he was really young and got sent to an insane asyslum. Then years later he escapes and returns to Haddonfield. Jason was just some mentally challenged kid who got bullied on and drowned in a friggin' lake because he couldn't swim.

Then comes the costumes. I think Michael's is better. I mean it looks so creepy. Just a white emotionless face, and it has cool hair Jason also has a cool, original mask, and it's scary. But I still prefer Michaels.




I also think that Michael is far scarier than Jason. I mean, Jason is like 7 feet tall, and he's big and lumbering around in the open. Michael is a lot smarter and stealthier. He'll wait in one spot for hours at a time not moving and attack at just the right moment. Anyways, I know this is all pretty biased, but that's the way it goes. Both are horror movie icons in their own right. Jason is much more well know nowadays though because his series has been longer running, and his mask is more distinctive and because of the recent cross-over movie with Freddy. You can't really have one winner because everyone is going to disagree. That being said, I like them both but I still like Michael more. I just bought the unrated directors cut of the Halloween remake. Hopefully they will make the new Friday the 13th good . So just please vote for your favorite and comment on why you think so.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 02:10 PM   #2
dudewithasock
Gig 'em, Aggies!
 
dudewithasock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Age: 24
Posts: 8,148
Send a message via Skype™ to dudewithasock
I'm gonna be honest with you...Jason Bourne could take on Michael Moore any day of the week.



__________________
My Unicycling Journal
Officially ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazdude222
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a girl.
dudewithasock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 09:27 PM   #3
Unitik908
The Lone Clothespin....
 
Unitik908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Age: 23
Posts: 2,613
Send a message via AIM to Unitik908
michael, all day.
everyday.

Chase
__________________
All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

Last edited by THE dave and Sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 PM
Unitik908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 09:33 PM   #4
wickedbob
Registered User
 
wickedbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,063
Micheal all the way. My name is actually Michael Myers, well taking my last name of. Seriously a kitchen knife is much more sinister.
wickedbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:09 AM   #5
Tomahawk
T.O.M.A.H.A.W.K.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Outworld
Age: 22
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithasock
I'm gonna be honest with you...Jason Bourne could take on Michael Moore any day of the week.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Michael Myers, or Jason Voorhees.
...
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 04:48 AM   #6
Brian MacKenzie
If I hear that tune one more time..
 
Brian MacKenzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Age: 39
Posts: 3,373
Send a message via MSN to Brian MacKenzie
all I want is for Rob Zombie to remake F13th!!
Brian MacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 05:00 AM   #7
dudewithasock
Gig 'em, Aggies!
 
dudewithasock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Age: 24
Posts: 8,148
Send a message via Skype™ to dudewithasock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
...
It was a joke.

Tough crowd.
__________________
My Unicycling Journal
Officially ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazdude222
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a girl.
dudewithasock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jason, michael


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Call Out Vid- Jason Vs Jonny KlownLife Unicycling Videos 17 2007-10-28 11:13 AM
Jason Auld Callout Jonny_Peacock General Unicycling Discussions 31 2007-10-23 10:52 AM
Jason Auld Callout Jonny_Peacock General Unicycling Discussions 5 2007-08-27 09:54 PM
Ping: Jason gerblefranklin General Unicycling Discussions 1 2005-02-03 02:12 AM
Hi Jason! cotter@cae.wisc.edu General Unicycling Discussions 0 1995-02-20 04:39 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Gilby
Page generated in 0.11014 seconds with 10 queries