Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-02, 08:15 AM   #16
lowlight
lowlight

updated list:

Confirmed:
- Lunis
- Southampton Penguins
- Cambridge
- EMU's
- Severn Wheelers
- Tholthorpe

'Penciled in'
- SWUM

Still one place left, really want to fill it soon.

Cheers

Dan
lowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 05:17 PM   #17
Chris Baker

Many thanks who ever past on our details re the Southampton hockey tournament, for some reason we didnt know its was being arranged but have emailed Dan to hopefully take the last place.

I have now signed up to the forum so hopefully we will not miss out on other matches.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Baker; 2007-09-03 at 05:19 PM.
Chris Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 09:15 PM   #18
lowlight
lowlight

Yes you have the place. Which means the tournament is now full as long as SWUM are definitley coming?

Will get some more info online in the next week or so hopefully.

Dan
Old 2007-09-12, 02:11 PM   #19
LucasWintercrane
Unicyclist

Swum are definetly coming
woo hoo

Deadly Team of
Sarah
Paul
Lucas
Brendan
Secret Weapon
LucasWintercrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 07:13 PM   #20
sarah.miller
SWUM unicyclist

Any chance of those promised directions or more info. One of our younger players needs to get her parents clued up about where and what and when.
Old 2007-09-18, 09:03 PM   #21
steve.colligan
RTL - Lost Wheelers (1st ungeared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWintercrane
Swum are definetly coming
woo hoo

Deadly Team of
Sarah
Paul
Lucas
Brendan
Secret Weapon
Sorry - just a slight thread jack. Any chance you guys want to bring your 'deadly team' up to Liverpool for the DUC tournament in November?

Steve & Stu
steve.colligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 08:09 AM   #22
lowlight
lowlight

more info

Right as promised…

Registered teams are:

Luni’s
Southampton Penguins
Cambridge
EMU’s
Severn Wheelers
Tholthorpe
SWUM
Horsham

The tournament will be played in a league format with all 8 teams playing each other once. 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. If level on points, places will be decided on goal difference.

Games will be 10 minutes long with a two minute ‘turnaround’ to get the next game started. I suggest teams (and referees) be ready to go the game before to ensure play gets underway swiftly.

We will be needing volunteers to referee games. If you are willing to referee please let us know at registration as soon as possible so we can allocate referees to games in advance. The referee for each game will displayed on the fixture list as well so hopefully everyone knows where they need to be and when.

Teams are 5 a side although you can bring however many players you like. Any number of substitions can be made during a game as long as the player coming off leaves the pitch before the substitute comes on.

A reminder that the cost will be 30 pounds per team which needs to be paid in cash please.

Could all teams aim to arrive by 12.00 midday so we can start playing at 12.30.

May organise some eats for afterwards if people are interested. Pizza Hut or similar probably.

A reminder of the address:
Itchen College
Middle Road
Bitterne
Southampton
SO19 7TB

Directions:
Travel along M27 and exit at Junction 7
At Roundabout take A334 towards Southampton
Take second exit at the next roundabout, still on the A344
Take a left turn on to “Upper Deacon Road” (is about the 5th turning on the left)
At T junction go right then immediately left onto “Deacon Road”
Look out for “Middle Road” on the left, don’t turn off here but take the next turning on the left possibly signposted “Whites Road”. It is very narrow and looks like a dead end. But head straight towards the large building at the end (the sports hall), and follow the road around to the car park behind it. We should have a few small signs up here to direct you to registration.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=50.91222,-1.33429|15|4&loc=GB:50.90865:-1.35716:16|SO19%207TB|SO19%207TB

Map covering exit from M27 Junc 7 all the way to the college.

I think this is mostly everything covered now. Please ask more questions if unsure of anything.

See you all in a week and a bit,

Dan
Old 2007-09-24, 04:24 PM   #23
LucasWintercrane
Unicyclist

aa auto route is giving me a road called 'whites road' i am coming from bournemouth and travelling into southampton on the A35, A335 and A3035
LucasWintercrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 07:25 PM   #24
lowlight
lowlight

Quote:
aa auto route is giving me a road called 'whites road' i am coming from bournemouth and travelling into southampton on the A35, A335 and A3035
yes 'whites road' is what you want. Looking at the roads you mention i'm presuming you will be taking a left onto the A3024, then a right turn on to Whites lane. You should follow the road down untill you get to a T junction, then go straight over onto the very narrow road.

Depending on how confident you are at following auto route instructions though, I suggest you look at going up to the M27, travelling to J7 and following the instructions I posted before. It is a longer route but much simpler. I will also have a few signs up close to the college directing people taking this route. Up to you, but i certainly suggest leaving plenty of time.
Old 2007-09-24, 07:44 PM   #25
lowlight
lowlight

*IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS UPDATE*

For those following the directions I posted 20/09, i made a slight error

After leaving the M27 at J7 and taking the A334 towards Southampton. You need to take the 3rd exit off the next roundabout (following the A334) not the 2nd as i quoted before, appologises.

After this roundabout you need to take a left turning onto 'Upper Deacon Road'. This IS the 5th road on the left after the roundabout (I checked) but unfortunatley the road name sign is not easily visible from this direction.

Sorry if I've added confusion. I will re-write the directions below so they are all nice and clear ... and correct

Take 3rd exit at the next roundabout, still on the A344

Take a left turn on to “Upper Deacon Road”, it is the 5th turn on the left. The road name sign is not easily visible from this direction but as a clue, the road forks off to the left rather than a typical 90 degree turn off.

At T junction with traffic lights go right then immediately left onto “Deacon Road”.

Look out for “Middle Road” on the left, don’t turn off here but take the next turning on the left possibly signposted “Whites Road”. It is very narrow and looks like a dead end. But head straight towards the large building at the end (the sports hall), and follow the road around to the car park behind it. We will have a few small signs up here to direct you to registration.
Old 2007-09-24, 08:01 PM   #26
lowlight
lowlight

Too many posts now, But...

I'm trying to get in contact the Hackney Freewheelers rather urgently. If anyone has contact details for one of them (preferably a phone number) could they please PM me please ASAP.

Thanks

Dan
Old 2007-09-24, 10:18 PM   #27
unicus
EMUnicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight

Take 3rd exit at the next roundabout, still on the A344

Take a left turn on to “Upper Deacon Road”, it is the 5th turn on the left. The road name sign is not easily visible from this direction but as a clue, the road forks off to the left rather than a typical 90 degree turn off.

At T junction with traffic lights go right then immediately left onto “Deacon Road”.

Look out for “Middle Road” on the left, don’t turn off here but take the next turning on the left possibly signposted “Whites Road”. It is very narrow and looks like a dead end. But head straight towards the large building at the end (the sports hall), and follow the road around to the car park behind it. We will have a few small signs up here to direct you to registration.
Using these directions and google maps I ended up here, is that correct?

See you all on Saturday
unicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 02:00 PM   #28
lowlight
lowlight

Quote:
Using these directions and google maps I ended up here, is that correct?
YES ...glad they work

The sports hall is the large building with the white roof. The entrance is through the buildings on the right. Will have a sign up to make it obvious.

Have just finished making up lots of road signs too, so look out for them.

Dan
Old 2007-09-25, 08:06 PM   #29
sarah.miller
SWUM unicyclist

So. Where are the other out of town players staying on saturday night? Surley you are not ALL driving home again staright afterwards? I've been trying to book a B&B in teh new forest with no joy so maybe its time to look at what ever place some of you others are stopping at be it travel lodge or where ever.
Or have you all booked into the nice B&Bs in the new forest and thats why I can;t get a room.
Old 2007-09-25, 08:29 PM   #30
annaats
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club :)

Send a message via MSN to annaats
just realised that it will be that weekend that all the university freshers move in so their mummies and daddies may be booking up all the rooms.... ooops! sorry about the bad timing! hope you find somewhere. let us know if you have more problems and dont find anywhere, and we can see what we can do to help.
looking forward to it! just bought some prizes too

have i beaten richard to post this?!
annaats[at]gmail.com
annaats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29th, hockey, september, southampton, tournament