Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Latest Unicycling News! > News and Announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-07-21, 04:52 AM   #1
tholub
Totally Doable

Berkeley Juggling and Unicycle Festival

The Berkeley Juggling Cooperative is doing it again! We are planning our third Berkeley Juggling and Unicycling Festival, scheduled for Friday October 5th to Sunday October 7th, 2007. Last year we had roughly 500 jugglers, unicyclists, performers and artists attend the festival and we hope to have as great a festival this year as last year.

Unlike most juggling festivals, ours has a whole lot of pure unicycle content, including MUni rides, a big-wheel party ride down to the Berkeley Marina, unicycle basketball and lots of other unicycle games and workshops. This year we're also going to try to find a place to do fire juggling and flaming puck hockey after the public show on Saturday night.

The show was great last year, and included performances by Kaori Matsuzawa, Ryan Woessner, Irene Genelin, and Jeff Groves; we expect we'll have another outstanding lineup this year.

The festival will be held at the same venue as last year (King Middle School, 1781 Rose Avenue, Berkeley, CA). The schedule will be:

Friday 10/5: Open gym 5pm to 10pm
Saturday 10/5: Open gym 9am to 10pm, big wheel ride, MUni ride, fire juggling
Sunday 10/5: Open gym 9am to 5pm, MUni ride, unicycle games

The festival is open to the public, and free except for the Saturday night show. We hope to see you there!

For more details visit our webpage which will have all the up to date information: http://www.berkeleyjuggling.org/festival

Note that the festival is the weekend before California MUni Weekend, which will be in Santa Cruz, just over an hour's drive away. Since we expect there will be a lot of unicyclists in town for these events, we're also planning to have a number of informal rides and activities during the week. Let me know if you're coming in from out of town and need a place to crash.
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 06:15 AM   #2
Danielle Forestier

Dear Tholub, my grandson, who is 12, is excited to be mastering this skill and we want to bring him to the festival. Do you have any guesses at to the appropriate time slots? We cannot get him there for Fri, Sat and Sun, we must choose a portion. He met two of your members on Labor Day weekend who were yikeing through his neighborhood. He learned this summer at Winnarainbow and is thrilled to be yiking, he spends every spare minute on the yike. We think it's great and want to encourage his progress.

Thanks, Danielle
Danielle Forestier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 01:47 AM   #3
tholub
Totally Doable

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your question until now.

If he can only be there one day, I would definitely recommend Saturday. That day will have the most people around, and in the afternoon I'm leading "My First Mountain Unicycle Ride" which he might be interested in. And the big show is on Saturday night; we will have some great acts, including the current world freestyle unicycle champion.

Sunday should also be good for kids; there will be unicycle and juggling games, and John Foss is going to do a workshop with lots of different unicycle toys.

We'll hope to see you there!

Festival web site (including schedule)

Last edited by tholub; 2007-09-28 at 01:48 AM.
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 01:50 AM   #4
Roseladay123

thanks

Hi guys, this is the best thread I have ever known

comparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport - simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance viecomparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport
Roseladay123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkeley, festival, juggling, unicycle