Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2007-05-13, 02:13 AM   #31
dudewithasock
Gig 'em, Aggies!

Send a message via Skype™ to dudewithasock
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus unius
I'm 13. Im not immature or annoying on the fora.
Really? I always thought you were like 30 and married...no joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazdude222
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a girl.
dudewithasock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 02:17 AM   #32
burjzyntski
be norml

Send a message via AIM to burjzyntski Send a message via MSN to burjzyntski
*Most* of the people whose age < 15 are annoying/immature/txt tlkrs. That is not to say that there aren't exceptions. Take Poseidon, for example; I've noticed that he is a well-versed, seemingly intelligent 14-year-old. Unfortunately he cannot join the big-people club until his next birthday . dan_de_man and skianduniaddict are not allowed to join until their 17th birthdays ( ), and there are a number of other people who are of age but still shouldn't be allowed membership.

Ok, there it is, you've made me mention a couple names. I didn't want to do it (I don't truly want to get on anyone's 'bad side'), but I felt that since these names had already been mentioned by other members I was safe in doing the same.

"Every silver lining's got a touch of gray."

-Nude & Proud-
burjzyntski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 02:26 AM   #33
dudewithasock
Gig 'em, Aggies!

Send a message via Skype™ to dudewithasock
The thing I've noticed about dan_de_man is despite his horrible spelling and grammar, he's really not all that immature, and his humor is more sophisticated than a lot of kids his age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazdude222
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a girl.
dudewithasock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 02:37 AM   #34
forrestunifreak
is in college. and on magazines.

Send a message via AIM to forrestunifreak Send a message via MSN to forrestunifreak Send a message via Skype™ to forrestunifreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by burjzyntski
*Most* of the people whose age < 15 are annoying/immature/txt tlkrs. That is not to say that there aren't exceptions.
There are over 15 who do that annoying txt tlk crap. A lot of people do, it seems. How hard can it be to freaking learn how to type anyway?

At least poor spelling and grammer is better then abbreviating every word.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:43 AM   #35
dan de man
Byronic hero

Send a message via MSN to dan de man
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithasock
The thing I've noticed about dan_de_man is despite his horrible spelling and grammar, he's really not all that immature, and his humor is more sophisticated than a lot of kids his age.
yay
Old 2007-05-13, 02:46 AM   #36
dan de man
Byronic hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithasock
sigged
Old 2007-05-13, 02:58 AM   #37
Poseidon
Juggle, Unicycle, Yo-Yo, Ice Skate

Quote:
*Most* of the people whose age < 15 are annoying/immature/txt tlkrs. That is not to say that there aren't exceptions. Take Poseidon, for example; I've noticed that he is a well-versed, seemingly intelligent 14-year-old. Unfortunately he cannot join the big-people club until his next birthday . dan_de_man and skianduniaddict are not allowed to join until their 17th birthdays ( ), and there are a number of other people who are of age but still shouldn't be allowed membership.

Ok, there it is, you've made me mention a couple names. I didn't want to do it (I don't truly want to get on anyone's 'bad side'), but I felt that since these names had already been mentioned by other members I was safe in doing the same.
May 25th... Then I will be old enough.
And I am flattered that you call me a:

I've noticed that he is a well-versed, seemingly intelligent 14-year-old.

Thanks! That makes me feel good inside!
Old 2007-05-13, 02:59 AM   #38
Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan de man
sigged
Thats not even in your sig.

Sorry for double post.
Old 2007-05-13, 03:01 AM   #39
burjzyntski
be norml

Send a message via AIM to burjzyntski Send a message via MSN to burjzyntski
It's just that sometimes when I see a thread title that *sounds* (appears) interesting, by the time I'm done reading the first sentence of the first post, I have to close the tab and leave that particular thread because of how poorly it was written. Absolutely no punctuation, no capitalized letters, and just all-around weak sentence structure.

What are they teaching you these days!? I mean, I just graduated from High School last year (class of '06), and I know that when I was in Elementary school and Junior High school, my teachers were pretty adamant about learning and understanding our English language.

We had these things called "spelling tests" and "worksheets". The "spelling tests" (try to follow me with this, it's a great concept) were given at the end of each week. We would have the entire week leading up to this test to learn how to use ~25 words in the proper context, with proper spelling, and correct definition. In lower grades the teachers even made us write the words out ten times each, just so that we wouldn't forget how to spell them! Those who confused "there", "they're", and "their", were shunned along with those who mixed up the meanings of "to" and "too".

The "worksheets" that I'm referring to were mostly grammar worksheets. They would have about 20-40 sentences on them with various misusages of punctuation, capitalization, and other grammatical errors that we would have to fix and rewrite.

If anyone ever sees me mistype/misspell something, point it out. I won't take offense to it at all. Even though English/Language Arts class was just about my least favorite subject all throughout Elementary school and Junior High School, I was good at it. Words & phrases tend to "jump out at me", or "stick out like a sore thumb", if you will, if they are not used/spelled properly.

/minirant

"Every silver lining's got a touch of gray."

-Nude & Proud-
burjzyntski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 03:05 AM   #40
dan de man
Byronic hero

Quote:
It's just that sometimes when I see a thread title that *sounds* (appears) interesting, by the time I'm done reading the first sentence of the first post, I have to close the tab and leave that particular thread because of how poorly it was written. Absolutely no punctuation, no capitalized letters, and just all-around weak sentence structure.

What are they teaching you these days!? I mean, I just graduated from High School last year (class of '06), and I know that when I was in Elementary school and Junior High school, my teachers were pretty adamant about learning and understanding our English language.

We had these things called "spelling tests" and "worksheets". The "spelling tests" (try to follow me with this, it's a great concept) were given at the end of each week. We would have the entire week leading up to this test to learn how to use ~25 words in the proper context, with proper spelling, and correct definition. In lower grades the teachers even made us write the words out ten times each, just so that we wouldn't forget how to spell them! Those who confused "there", "they're", and "their", were shunned along with those who mixed up the meanings of "to" and "too".

The "worksheets" that I'm referring to were mostly grammar worksheets. They would have about 20-40 sentences on them with various misusages of punctuation, capitalization, and other grammatical errors that we would have to fix and rewrite.

If anyone ever sees me mistype/misspell something, point it out. I won't take offense to it at all. Even though English/Language Arts class was just about my least favorite subject all throughout Elementary school and Junior High School, I was good at it. Words & phrases tend to "jump out at me", or "stick out like a sore thumb", if you will, if they are not used/spelled properly.

/minirant
And that is why I dont start many threads.*Makes an effort this time*
Old 2007-05-13, 03:11 AM   #41
Poseidon

burjzyntski, You're just like me in MANY ways. These type of things seem to come as second-nature to me. I always passed my spelling tests, and that would explain why everybody at school always asks me how to spell things when they don't know how.

I remember all of those worksheets. I remember hating writing my words 10 times each. I had pretty bad hand-writing back in my elementary days, and I always had to re-do everything.

I agree with you on a lot of things. As I read your post it sounded exactly like something I would say.

As with burjzyntski, if I spell something wrong, DO NOT even hesitate to point it out. I won't be offended, and I will actually be thanking you.

Cheers-
Poseidon
Old 2007-05-13, 03:14 AM   #42
dan de man
Byronic hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Thats not even in your sig.

Sorry for double post.
it was for about 30 seconds but it got boring and too big so I changed it to a morew sleek and slimlined look
Old 2007-05-13, 03:42 AM   #43
monkeyman
+dan's amulet of bling blingin'

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman Send a message via MSN to monkeyman
I like this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo_chuck
Do not underestimate the giant yellow H-bomb in the sky!!
monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 04:31 AM   #44
forrestunifreak
is in college. and on magazines.

Send a message via AIM to forrestunifreak Send a message via MSN to forrestunifreak Send a message via Skype™ to forrestunifreak
Quote:

The way some of my friends are, they can spell and use grammer just fine, but they just aren't good at typing. They use the "hunt and peck" method with the two index fingers and it takes them forever to type. So they take shortcuts.

I'm sure that's not always the case, but I've always thought of it as most people just not knowing how to type well, or not caring. I was sorta that way when I first came to this forum. For some reason (I don't remember why) I never used to type spaces between sentances. It's real annoying seeing my old posts.
Old 2007-05-13, 04:34 AM   #45
timbob1907
crankflips!!!?!!!

Send a message via AIM to timbob1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman
I like this thread.
Yeah it's great withought all the people < 15
Although every other post is by one of them, practically
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxusmaximus
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal object.
(\_/)
O 0
(><)This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way to world domination.
CarbonFibreSeat!
timbob1907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
>, 15yrs, age, people, threa