Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-10-04, 08:34 AM   #1
rahmio
www.municycle.com

Send a message via MSN to rahmio
Question Zack Baldwin

Zack Baldwin`s homepage?`unicyclepage? Doesnt seem to me that he has one
rahmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 11:41 AM   #2
Fredrik_Justnes
Jag är fan bäst.

Send a message via MSN to Fredrik_Justnes
This is a kinda homepage:
http://www.krisholm.com/english/sponsor/team/zack.htm

But I've heard he's not unicycling anymore..
Fredrik_Justnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 12:43 PM   #3
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

Send a message via AIM to unifreak7 Send a message via MSN to unifreak7
I've heard he's doing little, but not much.

It makes sense though, A LOT of people quit around 18, 19, 20. They might just think it's something to do when you were a teenager, not 20 years old. Unless you have some sick motivation behind you, nothing will be there. I guess Zack wasn't good enough for himself to keep it going. Everyone needs their eye on something, with Trials it must have not been enough.

-Shaun Johanneson
Old 2006-10-04, 12:44 PM   #4
kris.lee
flip it

Send a message via MSN to kris.lee
i`ve heard the same fred.. that sucks.. he`s REALLY good
kris.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 02:54 PM   #5
IsaactheMasters
Unicyclist

Send a message via AIM to IsaactheMasters Send a message via MSN to IsaactheMasters
Zack is a good mate of mine... I actually ride his Ti uni now... He has 95% quit the sport and moved on. He just got involved with some other stuff and did not have enough ambition to continue riding. Sad sad sad as he was such a good trials rider... Well I will try to keep his uni rollin throwin some mad stuff down...

cheers
IsaactheMasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 03:07 PM   #6
Catboy
Roadkill

Send a message via ICQ to Catboy Send a message via AIM to Catboy Send a message via MSN to Catboy
Yeah, he moved out from his parent's house earlier this year, and was living with his cousin about a 10 minute drive away. We rode a few times, then one day I call him up to ride again and 'POOF' he's in Arizona moving onto new things... but to each his own.
Old 2006-10-04, 03:40 PM   #7
MuniAddict
Not "2" Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifreak7
I've heard he's doing little, but not much.

It makes sense though, A LOT of people quit around 18, 19, 20. They might just think it's something to do when you were a teenager, not 20 years old. Unless you have some sick motivation behind you, nothing will be there. I guess Zack wasn't good enough for himself to keep it going. Everyone needs their eye on something, with Trials it must have not been enough.

-Shaun Johanneson
So I guess, (if your age listed is correct) that you have only about two years or less before you retire? Comon guys, who says we can't have competetive riders the way into their 50's??!! Ok 40's...30's? Still too old?

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2006-10-04 at 03:46 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 03:49 PM   #8
underdog
Most of the level 3 stuff now

A lot of people take a few years off, then realize their foolishness and get back into it. Hope that happens in this case. Zack is hugely talented.
Old 2006-10-04, 05:57 PM   #9
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

I've spoken with a lot of guys at my college who use to bike, skate, or whatever and all of them quit. It's the age thing, if there is no motive they'll quit when they get 18ish. I have motive, i'm riding for Bedford, Syko, and KHU as long as they need me. But I guess Zack, also sponsored by them, needed more than just that. He might get into it again, which would be good, but if not then oh well. Like catboy said, to each their own.

-Shaun Johanneson
Old 2006-10-04, 06:09 PM   #10
ivan
Non-Danish Girl

I'm 18 and I've just started. I have no intention of quitting so far. But then again, I'm not sponsored by anyone.
Old 2006-10-04, 06:30 PM   #11
Bryan Stevens
air,bowls,rails

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Stevens
Zack, SEND ME MY MUNI, please.
Bryan Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:01 PM   #12
vivalargo
Santa Barbara Unicycle Club

A lot of staying with anything has to do with orientation and what sustains you. In the end, street riding is so close to skateboarding in terms of attitude, tricks and so forth that it naturally appeals to a young demographic. Trials is great fun and insane exercise but there's only so many overall moves (endless variations) you can do hopping up and down stuff, and the repetition can get to you after a while.

Muni, however, is an open field, with a big dose of adventure, often transpiring in the wilderness, and natually drawing a close knit group. The varied terrain, skillset and the everchanging backdrop keep things new and fresh, and a group of friends add to the fun. For those of us working all week long, the thought of spending the weekend riding street or practicing trials is not terribly inspiring. But heading to the outdoors and bashing down a new trail with a band of friends is an event that can literally pull us through the week with a feeling of anticipation. I think it's the pure adventure of Muni, far removed from the urban setting, that restores many of us and keeps us out there month after month. I suspect that Zack simply got tired of doing the same old thing day after day after day.

JL
vivalargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:51 PM   #13
TrialsUni
urban trials with a street flare

Send a message via AIM to TrialsUni Send a message via MSN to TrialsUni
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalargo
Trials is great fun and insane exercise but there's only so many overall moves (endless variations) you can do hopping up and down stuff, and the repetition can get to you after a while.
I disagree. But, then again, I put a street flair to my trials. I enjoy keeping it smooth, fluid, and precise.

I don't always need new trials challenges. Most of the time, while I'm at school, just having the time/weather conditions to get outside and ride is extremely rewarding, and fun. It's an escape. It allows me to just be alone, and think to myself, and leave all of my worries behind me. I often find it cathartic, and mind cleansing in a way.

And hey...guess what? I'm 20.

Back on topic, it's sad to see one of my main inspirations not riding anymore. But, if that's what makes him happy, so be it. 'To each his own,' is exactly right.

Whatever he chooses to do, I'll still be rockin' the black Dickies under my leg armor...cutting down my corrective hops...trying to ride smooth trials with a tinge of street flowing into the mix...all Zack B-style.

Gotta give credit where it's deserved!
TrialsUni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:54 PM   #14
unifreak7
No hops! All flow.

I agree with you on why you think Zack quit for awhile. And see your point on the muni part of it. Fortunantly for street there is no end on anything that can be done. Always one more flip, always one more spin, always one more twist. And if not, it's time to do it late. Bigger sets, bigger gaps, bigger tricks.
Old 2006-10-04, 09:07 PM   #15
ntappin
Ask me about the Ottawa unicyclists

Send a message via MSN to ntappin
The same thing happened to me with skateboarding, and although I still enjoy it I havn't riden more than five minutes outside my house in 3-4 years. I rode non stop since I was eight, I moved my friends didn't skate, so I stopped skating aswell. If you have no one to do it with I find that a huge thing, even if there are people to do it with but close friends don't do it it can still be a pretty demotivating thing. There were plenty of people in the area that skated there is the biggest skatepark in Ottawa within two minutes skate distance, but I didn't start going there until I started unicycling.

Who you are hanging out with and other hobbies often take priority over other things.
ntappin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baldwin, zack