Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-04-29, 11:45 PM   #1
Sponge
Unicyclist

Defect: Zack Baldwin's world record sidehop.. pic please?

Hi all, having watched Defect a million times, I'm dead impressed by Zack Baldwin's riding above everyone else, MANY bike trials riders want to see the world record sidehop to tyre that Zack does up to 8 pallets...

I had to return Defect to a mate, but I was hoping does anyone have Defect and would be kind enough to do a 'Print screen' jobby or whatever best method out there to get the picture of Zack Baldwin in a tucked landing on top of the pallets please?

Riding both bike and uni for trials, i must say it's still dead impressively huge for a unicycle. Some of my bike trials friends don't quite believe me that Baldwin can hope that high . So I'm trying to get proof by getting a picture of Baldwin just as he lands on top, and send it to my two-wheeled chums

Thanks for your time
Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 11:51 PM   #2
forrestunifreak
is in college. and on magazines.

Send a message via AIM to forrestunifreak Send a message via MSN to forrestunifreak Send a message via Skype™ to forrestunifreak
I may be wrong, but I don't think that is the world record... Zack himself said both he and Ryan Atkins have each done 'around' 42".

But here's some other pics I found:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=65

Take off:http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12

Here's him landing 8:http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=13

Last edited by forrestunifreak; 2006-04-29 at 11:56 PM.
forrestunifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 11:58 PM   #3
forrestunifreak
is in college. and on magazines.

Send a message via AIM to forrestunifreak Send a message via MSN to forrestunifreak Send a message via Skype™ to forrestunifreak
This picture is almost a year old...
Attached Images

Last edited by forrestunifreak; 2006-04-29 at 11:59 PM.
forrestunifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 12:00 AM   #4
manon1wheel
dude...

Send a message via AIM to manon1wheel
i thought my 5 pallet hop was high... some day(when i learn to hop seat out ) ill do atleast 7
manon1wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 01:21 AM   #5
andycookuk
Andy!

Send a message via MSN to andycookuk
Mind blowing.
End.
Old 2006-04-30, 02:34 AM   #6
m_extreme_uni
Unicyclist

hey,
I don't have a picture of Zack's hop, but i did a screen shot of one of my highest hops, for your interest.
it was around 106 - 107 cm. i'm not sure if this is the highest, just throwing it out there.

-Ryan
Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 717
Size:  404.8 KB
Old 2006-04-30, 07:29 AM   #7
Erant
I know how to change this title!

I've always wondered what makes a sidehop a huge sidehop. Is it pure leg strength? I've just passed my magical 32" barrier, but I still feel I could get a little higher. I've speedskated for roughly 10 years, and I was a fair sprinter, so I'd guess my leg strength is pretty OK. Or is it maybe the timing that makes you fly like a bird?
Old 2006-04-30, 07:40 AM   #8
Jerrick
King of Carnies

Send a message via MSN to Jerrick
I dont think leg strength plays all to much into it, i can left 500+ pounds ( the machine at school goes to 450 then i had two of my friends that i know weigh more then 100lbs lay over the bar and i was able to still left it, i was in correct position and everything) but it is more of the timing and technique.

I see some ppl do SIF and they bearly tuck and are somewhat close to the item before jumping. Other people i see are somewhat far from the the item, do a pretty large pre-hop, and tuck the uni almost so it touched their butt, and those are the ones i see getting the real height when the others fail to get onto their object.

So i guess it all comes down to technique and practicing. Strong legs dont mean a higher height but you do need strength.

So far my highest hight is about 20inch to 2feet =p im improving that everyday.

And where is that video of someone doing an extremely high sidehop ontp a ledge, it seems like he is gonna go to a pedal grab, but he just goes straight to rubber, its the highest hop ive ever seen, hopefully i can go find it =p
~Jerrick

Last edited by Jerrick; 2006-04-30 at 07:42 AM.
Jerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 08:49 AM   #9
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_extreme_uni
hey,
I don't have a picture of Zack's hop, but i did a screen shot of one of my highest hops, for your interest.
it was around 106 - 107 cm. i'm not sure if this is the highest, just throwing it out there.

-Ryan
Attachment 13207
I was always worried about hitting myself in the face with the seat. You're about a cm away from kneeing yourself in the jaw there.
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
TheObieOne3226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 09:30 AM   #10
Erant
I know how to change this title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObieOne3226
I was always worried about hitting myself in the face with the seat. You're about a cm away from kneeing yourself in the jaw there.
I've had a few close shaves myself. Also, if you fail to move the seat out far enough, you'll hit yourself square in the chest. I've had a few bloodblisters to prove it.

Tags
baldwin, defect, pic, record, sidehop, world, zack