Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-03-30, 08:05 PM   #1
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

Arrow BUC 13!! --- Video competition!

Hey guys

I have been talking to Steve who is organising the BUC and he has given the thumbs up for a video competition to be held!

Videos should obviously be of unicycling, they can be made by just you on your own, or with some friends. They should not last a ridiculous amount of time, i would say 10 minutes maximum, however, this may change as i have not agreed this with Steve as of yet.

If you feel you are not the best rider in the world, don't worry, the videos will not be judged purely on skill of riding, they will be being judged on creativity etc.

The more people that want to contribute videos, the better this competition will be. I know that UK riders don't tend to like being filmed, but come on guys, have a bit of fun and show us all what you can do.

Keep your finished video to yourself for no, Steve and I have not decided how to go about showing the videos. We are thinking that you guys send him your finished video and he will put them all onto disk and play them onto a screen from there, or you upload them to a secret part of your gallery.

If you are interested, post in this thread... names i expect to see are, cathwood, gkmac, loosemoose, swarbrim, lucas1wheel, dale_dale, darktom, klownlife and all others going to BUC!

Thanks
Amanda
Old 2006-03-30, 08:08 PM   #2
dale_dale
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to dale_dale
thast my name hahaha

i like being on camra what u on about

ill see what i can do
Old 2006-03-30, 08:27 PM   #3
cathwood
Life's a beach

My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll think about how I can put a creative spin on this.

Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre reg form for BUC.

Cathy
Old 2006-03-30, 08:34 PM   #4
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathwood
My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll think about how I can put a creative spin on this.

Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre reg form for BUC.

Cathy
WOO! YAY! i want to see Cathy riding along a road, as long as they are good roads
Old 2006-03-30, 08:34 PM   #5
dale_dale
Unicyclist

haha yeah gotta be good roads non of them crappy ones you get
Old 2006-03-30, 08:55 PM   #6
gkmac
     

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.gallacher
names i expect to see are... gkmac
Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!

But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!

All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6 UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.

I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any kind of video.
     
gkmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 08:58 PM   #7
dale_dale
Unicyclist

dont be so hard on yourslef
just film and have fun and if you get anything decent stick it in a movie

i suspect amanda wil be having words with you for saying that

Last edited by dale_dale; 2006-03-30 at 08:59 PM.
dale_dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 09:01 PM   #8
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmac

But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!

All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6 UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.

I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any kind of video.
how can you say such a thing! i wish i had your kind of skills in muni! if you can get someone to film that, i would be very impressed, especially if you are riding on slippery, muddy trails

so you're not going to BUC? i think you should, the fun of BUC is not dependant on your ability, it is purely the enjoyment of being around hundreds of others that share your hobby! you cant miss it
Old 2006-03-30, 09:11 PM   #9
KlownLife
Get Big or Die Tryin'

Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way, it's all gd.

Cheers,
Jas

VoodooUnicycles.com
KlownLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 09:12 PM   #10
amanda.gallacher
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlownLife
Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way, it's all gd.

Cheers,
Jas
i would say it is up to you. However, do you reali want all us guys seeing your video before the comp?
Old 2006-03-30, 09:19 PM   #11
swarbrim
blank

Send a message via ICQ to swarbrim Send a message via MSN to swarbrim
Me and Lucas are making a video, Its going to win (team spirit).

Cant wait to see amandas though. Should be great.

Mike

P.S Expect flips from me and grinds from Lucas.

'i like things big' - Amanda

'Crankflips are like woman, hard to understand' Peter/Probailer2
swarbrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 09:19 PM   #12
cathwood
Life's a beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmac

Get a grip!.
I can't even hop up stairs (not that I've ever tried).
Betcha better than me. And I went to BUC when I really could barely ride last year. You learn loads and can do as much or as little as you want. And hang out with fab people like the rest of us. It's great fun, like being totally immersed in unicycling for the weekend. Bring it on!

Cathy

Last edited by cathwood; 2006-03-30 at 09:20 PM.
cathwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 09:20 PM   #13
KlownLife
Get Big or Die Tryin'

Hmmm, gd point. Might need to learn a few new moves though, don't wanna be unoriginal. This is a great idea, I love watching films, especially uni ones. I'll be putting 100% into this, I expect the same from all you, I hope amanda ain't my best opposition then this will be too easy , just kidding, but seriously guys, I wanna see alot of participation. The more the merrier.

Jas

VoodooUnicycles.com
KlownLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 09:21 PM   #14
cathwood
Life's a beach

I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle skills along would not make a film.

Cathy
Old 2006-03-30, 09:23 PM   #15
dale_dale
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathwood
I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle skills along would not make a film.

Cathy
somthing like

one wheel.... one woman... one long road... one 10 min movie
joking im sue it will be great

Tags
buc, competition, video