Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-10-27, 01:11 AM   #1
Brian MacKenzie
If I hear that tune one more time..

Send a message via MSN to Brian MacKenzie
24 hr race, May 2006, one girl team spot available!

It's about an hour north of toronto

Act quick, there are 3 5 man unicycle teams here, and they just opened up 2 ladies' spots. i bet these spots will last a few days, this is a very desired, limited to 24 teams event!!

here is the text of the email

Greetings All!

I trust your cycling season went well. Even though things are winding down for 2005 I'm in the process of getting things in place for the 2006
Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous 24 Hour. Victoria Day Weekend once again so May 20 & 21, 2006. A number of emails and some phone calls over the past week, all from people who haven't done the event, has spurred me to action.

I've decided to expand the race. I'm going to permit 2 more teams.
However, there is provision - they must be women's teams. So out of the now 24 team spots I'm reserving 5 for women only teams. There have been
3 women's teams for the past couple of years and I'd love to see more competition. Captains of our loyal women's teams - if you know of other women's teams who would like to participate please have them email me.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF

If you're receiving this email

it is because you did the 2005 event and you therefore get first chance at available spots.

A registration form for 2006 is attached. You've got until Sunday November 13th at 6pm to get the form in. If this is a problem please let me know immediately. This is mostly for teams. I know the solos have a lot to consider before they sign up.

PLEASE - IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO RACE NEXT YEAR COULD YOU EMAIL ASAP SO THAT I CAN HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY SPOTS MIGHT BE OPEN. Many thanks.

I've had to increase the price $10 per person. This was necessary due to increases in property rental, insurance and anticipated increases in food costs. I never like to increase prices, but its just the reality of this day and age.

On the good side, Chef Danielle has agreed to return. She promises even better food for next year now that she knows what the event is all about. I'm really glad we didn't scare her off the whole thing!

That is all for now. Please feel free to email or phone at 905-848-3285 if you have any questions or concerns.

Happy Trails!

Mike, W.O.W.

Oh yes. Must not forget. If you're looking for some late season fun the Winter W.O.W. Enduro & Tour is on November 20. For registration details go to http://www.wowmtb.com/WinterWOW05.html

Last edited by Brian MacKenzie; 2005-10-27 at 01:12 AM.
Brian MacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-27, 04:16 PM   #2
sarah.miller
SWUM unicyclist

I'd love to do that race some year, its sounds like a very nice atmosphere race. Unfortunatly Next May isn;t goingto be possible due to other commitments. Ho Hum. Another year maybe.
SArah

Tags
2006, girl, race, spot, team