Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-01-06, 09:43 PM   #1
tadaniels
Former USA President

Send a message via AIM to tadaniels
Dates for NAUCC 2005

On behalf of our hosts, the WOW 4-H Unicycle Club, we are pleased to announce that the 2005 North American Unicycling Championships And Convention will be held Tuesday July 26 - Saturday July 30 2005 at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio USA.

This event is still in the planning stages. We do not have any further information at this time. More details will be posted once they are available.
tadaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-06, 10:35 PM   #2
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Just so people know, MUni is also planned, but there are no details about this either. Competition? Unknown. Nearby? Probably not. But I don't mind driving an hour or more for some good riding.

And don't forget Cedar Point (www.cedarpoint.com). If you like amusement parks and/or roller coasters, don't miss the close proximity to the #1 amusement park in the world. Cedar Point is the home of the first roller coaster to top 200', the first to top 300', and the first to top 400'. And about ten others. And their 300 footer, Millenium Force, is my all-time favorite.

Again, no details at this time, but I have offered to help coordinate a Cedar Point trip, probably after NAUCC, and (of course) not to conflict with any planned MUni activities. You will have to work our your own transportation and buy your tickets, I'm just setting up the information. Carpools can probably be arranged, and shared overnight accommodations for serious Cedar Point fans.

I have a few outdated Cedar Point pix on my outdated Roller Coaster page: http://www.unicycling.com/coastercam/

"I think God gave us two wheels for a reason." -- Bodfish
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-06, 10:56 PM   #3
darchibald
Street Unicyclist

Anyone driving from eastern Canada? NS, NFL, NB, PEI and maybe PQ although it isn't eastern.

David

"Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have to watch we don't land in dog poop....." - dforbes
darchibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-07, 12:06 AM   #4
billham
Level 5 - The Wonders Unicycle Club

Excellent! I've never been to a NAUCC and really wanted to attend this year. How can I NOT go when it is less than a 5 hour drive from my home?

Hopefully I'll be bringing some folks from our soon be to be official uni club. See you there!

Bill
billham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-07, 05:03 AM   #5
Darren
Bedford Unicycles

I mentioned the NAUCC tonight to the members of the Toronto Unicyclists.

Looks like we will have a large group coming from Toronto.

I have been to Bowling Green for a couple of unicycle meets in the past. 1986 and 1995(?) and look forward to this one.

John's suggestion to go to Cedar Point will be taken up too !

I suggest going to this event if you can make it.
You always have a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. It is a blast attending unicycle conventions. Plan to attend !

I hear the MUni may be very close to Cedar Point.

Expect some new very cool entertainment options
hosted by Bedford Unicycles.

See you there...
Darren
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2005, dates, naucc