Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2004-12-14, 08:54 PM   #31
DK

Send a message via AIM to DK
my 24 is a crappy $100 buck uni that has a mtb tire on it. i kinda thrashed it.... its not really the seat, its the post. it uses one of thoses crappy savage seats with the post connected....but hopefully ill have my new uni or at least a seat by then.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 08:58 PM   #32
wogri
Unispinner

Send a message via ICQ to wogri
Quote:
Originally posted by muniracer
yeah sorry about that. i just misread it and when i realized that i wrote the wrong country, it was too late to edit...
Not a Problem; You're not the first one to confuse these countries.

Why did gilby apply that 10-minute-rule anyways? Wouldn't it be much easier if a user who ownes his articles is just able to edit them? Or does he do that for performance reasons?

wogri
Old 2004-12-14, 10:53 PM   #33
muniracer
Hell On Wheel

Send a message via AIM to muniracer
Quote:
Originally posted by DK
my 24 is a crappy $100 buck uni that has a mtb tire on it. i kinda thrashed it.... its not really the seat, its the post. it uses one of thoses crappy savage seats with the post connected....but hopefully ill have my new uni or at least a seat by then.
even if your uni is not in working order, we have a couple extras.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 12:49 AM   #34
KJ-52
Unicyclist

I'd be intrested in coming, If you can give me info on busing Obie i'd appreciate that. I'd probably be into that or a train if one goes down there.

I think Lancaster Countys close to Penn state, depending on the campus, maybe we could ride together, before we ride together.....

Even though I might not ride much, cause i've never really done Muni or Trials, but maybe i'll get interested in one of the other.

Andrew
Old 2004-12-15, 12:59 AM   #35
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ-52
I'd be intrested in coming, If you can give me info on busing Obie i'd appreciate that. I'd probably be into that or a train if one goes down there.

I think Lancaster Countys close to Penn state, depending on the campus, maybe we could ride together, before we ride together.....

Even though I might not ride much, cause i've never really done Muni or Trials, but maybe i'll get interested in one of the other.

Andrew

Hey. Unfortunately busing is pretty expensive, since no chinatown routes go from anywhere in Pennsylvania to anywhere in Virginia. From Lancaster it looks like it will be about $120 round trip (yikes!). I looked on the only bus I have ever used in the States, greyhound.

I am at Penn State main campus (State College, in Centre County, about 2 hours Northeast of Lancaster) but I will be leaving from my home town of Philadelphia. I also plan to go down early.
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
TheObieOne3226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:15 AM   #36
KJ-52
Unicyclist

hmmmm, well I just checked Am trak, and it's 150 for a round trip that route, so busings cheaper, either way i'll be shelling out not to drive. Oh well, I still have time to think about it, maybe i'll get a jet plane for christmas : )

Andrew
Old 2004-12-15, 02:59 AM   #37
hell-on-wheel
First to blow a fuse on a unicycle

Quote:
Originally posted by TheObieOne3226
...since no chinatown routes go from anywhere in Pennsylvania to anywhere in Virginia...
You could take Philly to NYC, then NYC to Richmond, for a round-trip total of $80.

Last edited by hell-on-wheel; 2004-12-15 at 03:02 AM.
hell-on-wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 03:02 AM   #38
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
Quote:
Originally posted by hell-on-wheel
You could takePhilly to NYC, then NYC to Richmond, for a round-trip total of $80.

Hahahahaha...I was talking to Trip and jokingly mentioned that that would be $5 cheaper.
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
TheObieOne3226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:29 PM   #39
DK

Send a message via AIM to DK
ill probably have mine fixed, but can you make sure you bring an extra incase 1) i break it 2) i dont get a new seat or my kh hasn't come in by then
Thanks

oh yeah... i was in richmond filming for a latin project downdown last weekend and there werwe some good spots to do urban trials...

Last edited by DK; 2004-12-15 at 08:32 PM.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:56 AM   #40
KJ-52
Unicyclist

I just remembered, I have a muni that I got off of zach jucha, I think it's a sem xl, lx, or something like that. What is the usual padding worn to ride on trails and things of that nature? I'd wanna bring that, or maybe if someone has some to loan me that be pretty cool.

Andrew
Old 2004-12-17, 06:25 AM   #41
Tim
Tim!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Sorry guys I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm spending it with familly I normaly don't do things with.
Old 2004-12-17, 08:20 AM   #42
siafirede
Flex Your Head

this gives me another reason to go to richmond around new years:

gwar(i dont like their music but they are fun) and municipal waste are playing in richmond on dec. 31st, awesome.

anyways, i want to try out that trials course, it looks fun. Does anyone have cool unicycles that we can try...like that coaster uni, or UWs or BC wheels or giraffes?
Old 2004-12-17, 09:15 AM   #43
muniracer
Hell On Wheel

Send a message via AIM to muniracer
Quote:
Originally posted by siafirede
this gives me another reason to go to richmond around new years:

gwar(i dont like their music but they are fun) and municipal waste are playing in richmond on dec. 31st, awesome.

anyways, i want to try out that trials course, it looks fun. Does anyone have cool unicycles that we can try...like that coaster uni, or UWs or BC wheels or giraffes?
we have a coaster uni that is broken, but we will try to fix it up in time. we may be able to use a giraffe too.

it will be awesome! everyone must come. and remember, we can put people up for the whole weekend!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 12:26 PM   #44
pdc
Unicyclist

Send a message via AIM to pdc
I'll bring my Schwinn 6' giraffe and my new (to me) Summit with a hand brake
Attached Images

pdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:20 AM   #45
siafirede
Flex Your Head

I am pretty sure that Wogri and I will be making the trip down to richmond for the weekend.
siafirede is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd, annual, muni, richmond, weekend