Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-11-03, 06:16 PM   #31
hell-on-wheel
First to blow a fuse on a unicycle

Quote:
Originally posted by steveyo
Is this conservative? If so, what is being conserved?
Money that could be going to health care.
Old 2004-11-03, 06:34 PM   #32
devicycle
The newest unitard

Send a message via AIM to devicycle
Lightbulb my goodness - -

I'm seriously, honestly, openly considering moving to Canada.
devicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 06:51 PM   #33
hell-on-wheel
First to blow a fuse on a unicycle

Re: my goodness - -

Quote:
Originally posted by devicycle
Good luck. Supposedly, Canada won't be as welcoming to U.S. refugees escaping the draft this time around.
Old 2004-11-03, 07:04 PM   #34
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
You people are morons

Quote:
Originally posted by hell-on-wheel

Good luck. Supposedly, Canada won't be as welcoming to U.S. refugees escaping the draft this time around.

Haha. There will be no draft in the near future. However, if there is, Canada will deport draft dodgers back. Also, there will be no escaping it because you are a college student. But it doesn't matter because there will not be a draft you imbeciles.
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
TheObieOne3226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 07:11 PM   #35
darchibald
Street Unicyclist

Re: my goodness - -

Quote:
Originally posted by devicycle
I know a guy, who during the last election said he would leave the country if Bush got elected. Obviously Bush won, and the guy actually moved here (Nova Scotia) from Rhode Island.

David
darchibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 07:12 PM   #36
darchibald
Street Unicyclist

If anyone actually wants to move, we have a spare room and I'd have someone to ride with.
darchibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 07:30 PM   #37
steveyo
...feeding the machine...

Quote:
Originally posted by TheObieOne3226
Re: You people are morons
This is a discussion which has much emotion tied to it. To call people morons because they disagree with you is not constructive.

Quote:
...there will not be a draft you imbeciles.
I hope you're right. Pardon me if I give more weight to the active draft bills in the house and senate than to your college-guy opinions, well-considered though they may be.

I have a young son, and I don't want him to have to kill anybody, or be killed in a war. Do you feel I'm an imbecile for my concerns?

On the draft, time will tell, but meanwhile, consider where others may be coming from before insulting them.

- a few uni race write-ups
- muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

Last edited by steveyo; 2004-11-03 at 07:40 PM.
steveyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 07:44 PM   #38
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
Quote:

This is a discussion which has much emotion tied to it. To call people morons because they disagree with you is not constructive.

I hope you're right. Pardon me if I give more weight to the active draft bills in the house and senate than to your college-guy opinions, well-considered though they may be.

I have a young son, and I don't want him to have to kill anybody, or be killed in a war. Do you feel I'm an imbecile for my concerns?

On the draft, time will tell, but meanwhile, consider where others may be coming from before insulting them.
Whatever. You're wrong if you think theres going to be a draft. I feel quite strongly about people who bitch and moan about stuff like this, and I'm entitled to say it in whatever non constructive terms I choose.
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
Old 2004-11-03, 07:50 PM   #39
steveyo

Quote:
Whatever. You're wrong if you think theres going to be a draft. I feel quite strongly about people who bitch and moan about stuff like this, and I'm entitled to say it in whatever non constructive terms I choose.
I tell you the source of my concerns is my son's life, and you say "Whatever"?

Dude - be a citizen of the planet, for decency's sake.

Old 2004-11-03, 08:05 PM   #40
TheObieOne3226

Quote:

What the hell does that mean?

Yeah I said whatever. No skin off my back.
Sixsixone

Old 2004-11-03, 08:13 PM   #41
paco
Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

I think I'm still in the age bracket where I could be drafted. My younger brother definitely is.

Whatever.

By this I mean, I seriously doubt they would reinstate the draft. It's true; the elections are over for now. But most politicians are smart enough to realize that in a few more years there will be another election. If a draft was reinstated right now, there would be so much public outrage that the republicans would definitely lose their majority next time around. They're not about to do that. Even though the president doesn't need to worry about his popularity as much any more, there are plenty left in Washington that do (including the vice-president). I doubt that the current political and social situation would allow something as unpopular as the draft to occur. I'm not worried about personally having to go to war.
Not that I necessarily approve of everything that is going on with the war or with then country right now, but I do not believe that there's going to be a draft.

paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 08:22 PM   #42
TheObieOne3226

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
I think I'm still in the age bracket where I could be drafted. My younger brother definitely is.

Whatever.

By this I mean, I seriously doubt they would reinstate the draft. It's true; the elections are over for now. But most politicians are smart enough to realize that in a few more years there will be another election. If a draft was reinstated right now, there would be so much public outrage that the republicans would definitely lose their majority next time around. They're not about to do that. Even though the president doesn't need to worry about his popularity as much any more, there are plenty left in Washington that do (including the vice-president). I doubt that the current political and social situation would allow something as unpopular as the draft to occur. I'm not worried about personally having to go to war.
Not that I necessarily approve of everything that is going on with the war or with then country right now, but I do not believe that there's going to be a draft.

Thank you soooo much. You feel the exact same way as me. That is precisely what I meant by "whatever." I just didn't feel like typing all that extra stuff.
Sixsixone

Old 2004-11-03, 08:41 PM   #43
steveyo

Quote:

Quote:
What the hell does that mean?
Yeah I said whatever. No skin off my back.
"Be a citizen of the planet" - be good to people, be decent, be kind and thoughtful. Consider others' points-of-view before striking out with nastiness.

Old 2004-11-03, 08:50 PM   #44
TheObieOne3226

Quote:

"Be a citizen of the planet" - be good to people, be decent, be kind and thoughtful. Consider others' points-of-view before striking out with nastiness.

Hmmm perhaps. Events over the last couple of weeks have turned me into a cynic, I'm afraid. People suck.
Sixsixone

Old 2004-11-03, 08:59 PM   #45
devicycle
The newest unitard

Send a message via AIM to devicycle
Unhappy o' canada

Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You are entitled to your say; however, your non-constructive choice of words isn't going to make you a whole lot of friends.

And my intentions aren't to escape a draft that isn't going to happen, they're to leave a nation whose voice proves to be a whole lot different from my own.

(and yes, I do vote)
devicycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bush, george, won