Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-01-12, 07:25 AM   #1
icerc
CycleOPs

PSA: Just got a Koxx One Green Spirit from Walmart.

Came looking run over or semi crushed by hydraulic press with a Kodak Photo glued to the box picturing a green Fluo.

I opened it in store and everything looked OK, but to be sure I opened the frame and voila low and behold it was aluminium and white!

To try your luck I bought it here: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Koxx-20-T...cycle/54393384 and choose the only option, green.

It's my first cycle after playing on my late cousins 24" sun and I love it so much already.

First day playing around: https://goo.gl/photos/v7JvzGjjHRpFThs46

Hope others in need get a lucky one too! (even if not it's a 90 day return policy and with ship to store you can deny it then and there)
Attached Images

icerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 01:26 PM   #2
song
Unicyclist

It's now out of stock, so you probably got the last one, as I think Koxx went out of business, and weren't ISIS cranks from Koxx designed to be incompatible with all other brands?

This might be a concern later if you damage your cranks, or if you want to experiment with shorter ones, but otherwise you got an excellent unicycle for the price. Enjoy!
song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 03:43 PM   #3
icerc
CycleOPs

It is still available, you have to click the green color option (i haven't found a way to link to it)

How do I check if it's ISIS compatible?
Old 2017-01-12, 03:47 PM   #4
MrImpossible
Unicyclist

I think it was just older K1 cranks that had compatibility issues. I have a set of K1 cranks that looks just like the ones in the photo, and I'm using them on a Nimbus hub with no problems.
MrImpossible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 04:49 PM   #5
LanceB
This space available

Great find, icerc! Yes, the company is out of business, and those will be new-old-stock closeouts (so very little choice of color, etc), but a great deal when you can find one at a good price. Unless it's an early model (not likely), the cranks will be ISIS. I also have a set of cranks just like those, and they're ISIS. (And they're pretty old cranks.)
Cheers!
Old 2017-01-13, 01:59 AM   #6
pwest
Unicyclist

I won the same raffle from scooterstoreusa.com last year. See: http://unicycle.info/forums/showthread.php?t=119054

-Phil
pwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 02:08 AM   #7
icerc
CycleOPs

Oh sweet pwest! Same Kodak photo and everything. I wonder if ours are made in France? Did you ever see if ISIS hubs fit?
Old 2017-01-13, 02:42 AM   #8
Pinoclean
Unicyclist

I lost the raffle and have received the one you paid for when I purchased a Green Spirit.
Pinoclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 06:11 AM   #9
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Wow, great find! In wonder if the damage to the OP's box happened during shipping to his house, or if it already had a bunch of wear & tear after a life of being liquidated, possibly several times, and re-shipped?

The early Koxx unis were "mostly" ISIS. That is, they were kind of a relaxed version of the spec, which was less precise than most and therefore didn't necessarily fit with other ISIS products.

Were the Koxx's actually manufactured in France? I don't know. French company, but most of that stuff comes from Asia...

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Last edited by johnfoss; 2017-01-13 at 06:12 AM.
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 08:22 AM   #10
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
Were the Koxx's actually manufactured in France? I don't know. French company, but most of that stuff comes from Asia...
Great find!
Like all cycling stuff, those were made in Taiwan.
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 05:26 AM   #11
icerc
CycleOPs

I believe some are. Obviously the cheaper steel frames are made in Taiwan but according to one post i found they have made them in France.

" They're made in France (I visited their factory/warehouse in the French Alps)"
https://www.reddit.com/r/unicycling/...uild_your_own/
Old 2017-01-14, 01:08 PM   #12
pierrox
Unicyclist

Thanks, I thought only their trial b**es were made in France, learning new stuff all the time!
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 09:01 PM   #13
icerc
CycleOPs

/Just got another one from Walmart.com to see what would come and It's a White Russian leather seat with plastic pedals and the Green spirit alloy frame and tough wheel.

So if anyone wants a good cheap trials I still recommend site to store shipping.
Old 2017-01-19, 12:08 AM   #14
DaUniGuy
Training hard for retirement!

I need a tire for my equinox and was going to get another Cyko Lite but I have heard good things about the Maxis creepy crawler on here and this is a good price I believe.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxxis-Cr...lack/130420099
Old 2017-01-19, 10:35 PM   #15
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaUniGuy View Post
Nice find, DaUniGuy! Btw, the same price is on eBay and Amazon if you prefer those marketplaces because it's the same seller (Xtreme Bike & Sport):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxxis-Creep...-/351956062538
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C14IVO/

Seems like I've bought from them before although the names tend to be similar and it's hard to keep track after a while.
LargeEddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green, koxx, psa, spirit, walmart