Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-06-25, 06:19 PM   #16
TragicWarrior
Robi D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrackMind View Post
You could experiment by flattering your Freeride.
Yes, I find that I have a much more comfortable ride if I handle it such : "Why, hello there Freeride. Don't you look lovely today. No other saddle cradles my bum as well as you. You're so strong and your curves so sexy. I don't want any other saddle between my legs. Please carry me away; I'm yours."
Old 2018-06-25, 06:29 PM   #17
Chimeara
Chimeara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas Bil View Post
Me too I'd like to know whether your positive 'review' pertains to v1 or v2. Did you buy at unicycle.uk.co? Maybe they can tell? Not sure if the v2 was already available in Sep 2017, but otherwise there is likely some feature to tell them apart.
Yes i bought from UDC UK
Chimeara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 08:41 PM   #18
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicWarrior View Post
Yes, I find that I have a much more comfortable ride if I handle it such...
But did you use hot water in your flattering, as suggested?
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 01:07 AM   #19
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired

One thing I haven't seen touched on yet is seat cover material. A few years back KH was using a mesh cover but then went back to a non-porous vinyl top. I'm glad I kept my mesh covers which I use currently for their breathability. Nothing is worse then doing long miles on a saddle that doesn't breathe and traps in heat with no way for it to disperse. By the way I'm still very happy with my nnc flatfish. For me it has just the right shape and the foam seems to be the perfect firmness. Foam that is too soft causes your sit bones to sink in so far that it causes pressure on the tissues between them and around them, leading to discomfort and numbness.

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2018-06-26 at 01:13 AM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 01:59 AM   #20
song
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
Foam that is too soft causes your sit bones to sink in so far that it causes pressure on the tissues between them and around them, leading to discomfort and numbness.
Aha! Now I understand how those flat seats work. I have tried one out once or twice, and felt my sit bones poking into what felt almost like a board. It was sort of uncomfortable, but now I see how you might be able to adapt to it, and that especially for long rides, it would be a big improvement. Do those seats help with any other styles of riding?
song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 05:56 AM   #21
kunstrasen
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
.... A few years back KH was using a mesh cover but then went back to a non-porous vinyl top. I'm glad I kept my mesh covers which I use currently for their breathability. ....
Different people, different experiance. I agree to the breathability. However I used to have that mesh KH (flat) saddle on my frestyle uni. Just changed it, as the rough mesh surface was basically eating up my trousers..... Lots of wear in the contact area which looked kind of strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by song View Post
Aha! Now I understand how those flat seats work. I have tried one out once or twice, and felt my sit bones poking into what felt almost like a board. It was sort of uncomfortable, but now I see how you might be able to adapt to it, and that especially for long rides, it would be a big improvement. Do those seats help with any other styles of riding?
Yes, this is the common setup in the bike world. Already may years ago they changed the saddles to a flat, wide end so that you can sit on your sitbones. I also use the Nimbus Stadium for Muni.
kunstrasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 08:00 AM   #22
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by song View Post
As kunstrasen said, it's been the case in the bike world for years. Long distance tourers and racers have no padding on the saddle. Leather for the first ones, a blade of carbon for the others.
pierrox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 09:34 PM   #23
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired

Just posted a video in the tutorial forum about how to make the KH Fusion Zero into the most comfortable saddle ever. Also a tutorial showing a couple ways to flatten a traditional curved saddle.

Website
Videos
Facebook
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choose, distance, riding, saddle