Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2005-05-15, 03:33 AM   #16
yoopers
Unicyclist

Send a message via Yahoo to yoopers
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilby
It's a good thing that "protecting123" has bid on this item (with an outrageous bid, i hope?), as who knows who might otherwise fall victum of this auction.
What's regrettable is that now that he/she has a bid, they will be unable to change the discription.
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
unicycledude93: Yoopers
Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys
yoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 03:58 AM   #17
jsm
Freestyler

"Current bid: £5,000,001.00"

That's absurd.
jsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 04:05 AM   #18
yoopers
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally posted by jsm

That's absurd.
It's most likely someone from here making a statement with an outlandish bid. It sure would be fun to run the seller's price up higher. But I wouldn't want to jeopardize my Ebay credit rating, and its more complicated to establish a new user name on Ebay (involves credit cards) than it is here.

B
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

Old 2005-05-15, 04:11 AM   #19
Gilby
Unicyclist.com Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by jsm

That's absurd.
$9,239,001.3338 USD.

And i still have a bunch of £ (quids), but not nearly that much.
Old 2005-05-15, 04:17 AM   #20
yoopers
Unicyclist

dudedude is beating out protecting by 1 pound. C'mon protecting, you gonna take that? Dig deeper into the wallet, man!
()_) ()_)----)_)

Last edited by yoopers; 2005-05-15 at 04:18 AM.
Old 2005-05-15, 05:56 AM   #21
UniBrier
Time To Ride

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilby
$9,239,001.3338 USD.
Wow, I was just kidding in my first post.

Now I'm thinking of listing on e-bay some of the cottered "Nimbus" unicycles in my garage.

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 11:59 AM   #22
rogeratunicycledotcom
Mostly OKish Unicyclist

Firstly, thanks everyone for sticking up for the Nimbus II, it is reassuing and very nice of you. We have almost given up fighting against the fraudulent descriptions on Ebay, we see them in some way almost every day. There is so much fraud and miss selling going on that it is difficult to react to all of it. This is especially when ebay does nothing! As a retailer we have a special log in to report fraud and copyright infringements. But our experience of Ebay is that they react 10 days (or more) after the sale is closed and say "yes you were right, but nothing we can do now". This is even though they claim to have a 100% reaction time of less than 24 hours.

Bruce, I can add to your comments on a few things... I do know exactly which factory this unicycle comes from and its full spec.

Hub: New, extra strong, UDC wide-flange CrMO hub
>Can't tell much about the hub but with the low overall quality of your unicycle, I seriously doubt that it is as you say. I can tell that it is NOT a wide-flange hub though.

Definitely not CrMO hub. Just to give you some indication of what it costs to put that hub in to the specification. At the factory it would add 30% to the manufacturing cost of the ebay item alone!

Bearings: 6203 40mm Sealed bearings
>Again, can't see the bearings but same comment as the one about the hub applies.

Yes it does have.

Cranks: 114mm lightweight Aluminium alloy freestyle cranks.
>The appear to be standard steel cranks (is that rust on the crank surface? Hmmm...aluminium doesn't rust), they appear to be 140s not 114mm.

127mm cranks steel

Pedals: Large platform, plastic bmx style pedals, 9/16inch threads.
>BMX? They are standard Wellgo pedals common on low to mid-range unicycles.

They are similar to the ones we use on our low end unicycles, but these are not even Wellgo.

Rim: Lightweight, box-section, aluminium rim with spoke eyeletts.
>I'll give you this one. The rim you have appears to be aluminium and is a box style.

This is actually a single skin steel chomed rim - the light is deceptive. Same as fitted on the dodger. Just for the record the rim on the Nimbus range is actually very special. There are very few unicycles that have a double skin box section rim as standard, in fact I can only think of one which is the Koxx freestyle, but that does not have eyelets. Most aluminium rim unicycles out there are single skin rims.

Seatpost: 400mm long, 25.4mm diameter knurled anti‑twist seat post with red paint.
>I see you added a bit of your own description. "Red paint?"

300mm, 22.0mm dia non knurled.

Tyre: Large volume 20x1.95" non-marking bmx freestyle tyre, with Schrader valve inner tube.
>Okay, give you one more here. Sometimes the words freestyle tire are interchangably used with street tire. This is not however the desired tire for serious freestylers and would not be allowed in most gymnasiums due to it's high carbon content and it's affinity for marking floors.

Actually it is a low quality 1.75 tyre.

Spokes: 48 Stainless steel 14G
>Can't tell.

36 rustless 14g spokes.

Just to finish I thought I would tell you of an on-going joke in the office about Ebay. A few months ago on British TV there was a marketing guy from Ebay on the news. His parting comment was something like "Ebay is safe because the whole process is totally transparent". :-D

Roger
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 12:03 PM   #23
rogeratunicycledotcom
Mostly OKish Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally posted by rogeratunicycledotcom
Most aluminium rim unicycles out there are single skin rims.
I should really clarify that I am meaning mass produced 20" freestyle unicycles here.

Roger
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 06:42 PM   #24
"nimbus"
Unicyclist

Just to let you guys know, Im the seller of this unicycle.

I am shocked with the way you have reacted over my honest mistake!!

I genuinly belived this to be a nimbus 2. When two of your board users emailed me explaining that it wasnt my reply was along the lines of:

"Please let me know the real specification and I will HAPPILY oblidge and change the description. Im not after ripping anyone off"

I was informed that it WAS a nimbus before I put it on ebay, I didnt put this descripion falsley on purpose.

Rather than replying I find that two of your board users put in FAKE bids, so that NOBODY ELSE CAN BID!!!!! This has ruined the entire auction, when I could have just got the correct details and somebody could have had a nice gift for someone.

I was happy to sort things out, and I am extreemly offended that you have acted this way rather than helping to sort the matter honestly.

Jenny
Old 2005-05-15, 06:50 PM   #25
"nimbus"
Unicyclist

Oh, and I have also edited the description. Unfortunatly it wont let me edit the title now...thanks to your guys putting in false bids....clever!
Old 2005-05-15, 07:15 PM   #26
UniTyler
Unicyclist

I would feel sorry for whoever got that hunk of poo as a gift.
UniTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 07:17 PM   #27
"nimbus"
Unicyclist

There's no need to be like that. I havnt done any malice.

If you dont want to buy it dont, Im not forcing it upon anyone!

I was happy to change any details which were misleading so theres no need for you to be bitter like that.

Jenny
Old 2005-05-15, 07:18 PM   #28
UniTyler
Unicyclist

Here's what he wrote instead. Note the "good quality" part!
Attached Images

UniTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-15, 07:18 PM   #29
yoopers
Unicyclist

Jenny,

I'm sorry you were offended. Perhaps the outrageous bidding wasn't necessary as it caused you to acquire listing charges for something that is now not going to sell. But on the other hand, we're a pretty tight community around here and your actions greatly offended us, especially by using a good friend of the unicycling community's advertisment to describe a unicycle that clearly did not fit the discription, something that anyone with some degree of intelligence should have easily recognized.

Secondly, how were we to know that you were not (and maybe still are) some con artist trying to take advantage of an uninformed public at the expense of true unicyclists.

As I alluded to in my email to you, we struggle almost daily to find our place as unicyclists in the world. Our sport is very unique and special but the world doesn't seem to recognize that. Your actions in your Ebay listing were just one more of many instances that poke us in the eye and take away the momentum we've tried hard to establish.

On the good side, I'm glad you're here. Thanks for logging on to unicyclist.com. I was hoping you'd show up and now I encourage you to hang around awhile and learn from some of the greatest riders and greatest people on the planet. We're a good group but you just happened to cross our paths during one of our tantrum's against those who would put us down.

As far as your auction, Roger posted earlier that he knows your unicycle and maybe he would be willing to share some of his info with you. Give him a shout at roger at unicycle dot com.

Hope you stick with us.
Bruce
()_) ()_)----)_)

Last edited by yoopers; 2005-05-15 at 07:23 PM.
Old 2005-05-15, 07:25 PM   #30
"nimbus"
Unicyclist

Ofcourse Im going to put "good quality unicycle"

There is nothing wrong with it, it IS great to learn on (I did so myself). And it is in good nic as you can clearly see.

You should have given me chance to change the description (since I said I happily would) before putting in fake bids in attempt to ruin my auction.

Im sure someone will be HAPPY to recieve this unicycle ( I know I would have when I first started) so just because its not up to YOUR standard, theres no need to ruin it for everybody else.

As you can see I have added to the description, unfortunatly because of a couple of guys from here I cannot change what I have written, only add.

Many thanks to yoopers for not jumping to conclusions, and understanding my situation and concern.

Tags
check, nimbus