Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-11-11, 12:39 AM   #76
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocyclism View Post
I now live in France and the road-camber is opposite to the UK.
surely you can also ride cycling paths back and forth in the UK too, where the camber is one way on the way in and the other way on the way back. In Dutchyland we don't always have cycling paths on both sides of the road and they all have some camber, but the crown is not always in the middle.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 08:56 AM   #77
monocyclism
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
surely you can also ride cycling paths back and forth in the UK too, where the camber is one way on the way in and the other way on the way back. In Dutchyland we don't always have cycling paths on both sides of the road and they all have some camber, but the crown is not always in the middle.
For me there is 'road riding' and there is 'everything else'. My point being that roads are basically made for vehicles, cars, juggernauts, motorcycles etc. Even riding off-road I stick to well-surfaced cyclepaths and pedestrian-shared routes.

However, whilst I am 'forced' for safety sake to restrict my 'footprint' to a narrow margin on the highway, I am 'all over the place' on a public footpath or cycle path.

My point is/was; On road I find the margin so restrictive, because vehicles are passing relatively close. So, often I am forced into a 'pipeline' where I have to cope with camber that I would never have to tolerate on off-road routes.
Old 2017-11-14, 10:53 AM   #78
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocyclism View Post
My point is/was; On road I find the margin so restrictive, because vehicles are passing relatively close. So, often I am forced into a 'pipeline' where I have to cope with camber that I would never have to tolerate on off-road routes.
I'm not too fond of riding close to cars. Luckily most roads in NL have separate cycle paths. I choose my trips far away from cars and preferably peeps.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36er, learning, mount