Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-12-17, 07:57 AM   #1171
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMason View Post
Those crazy b&ke riders commonly place the tire label at the value stem location for quick identification where the valve stem is located. But then you get into minimum length of socks. etc.... :-)
It’s not just for style - it helps to locate punctures.
Old 2017-12-18, 06:00 AM   #1172
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Quote:
Originally Posted by makym View Post
Can I take 29er tubes from rubber, or it must be butyl? What width of this tube will be OK?

I forget on HS33, (still have it somewhere with broken lever). With this big rim the braking power might be satisfactory. I was not using magura for a long time so my braking finger is not so strong now
However I am not certain to the braking power. Has somebody compared magura vs disc brake on G36er already? If I have to test it on myself then I need rim with braking surface.
Butyl is just a type of rubber typically used for innertubes. You would want something relatively wide and relatively thin. Avoid anything "heavy duty" or thornproof.

You can use the Magura brake with a painted sidewall but it will be quieter, smoother, and more consistent with a properly machined sidewall. You can sand the paint off the braking surface to improve the braking. Just take off the tire, jam a sanding block between the frame and rim and spin, switch to a finer paper and repeat, etc, etc. Works like a charm.

EDIT: on the subject of Magura VS Disk, I still have my Magura brakes, but have disks on the unicycles I use on a regular basis, including my geared 32.

Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2017-12-18 at 06:04 AM.
saskatchewanian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 11:16 AM   #1173
kunstrasen
Unicyclist

My 36´er:
Attached Images

kunstrasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 10:12 AM   #1174
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunstrasen View Post
My 36´er:
Nice. The new Oracles look really tidy .
Old 2018-03-24, 12:30 AM   #1175
dogpoundar
Unicyclist

I bought the same unicycle and the first thing I did was get rid of the square tire. I put a coker tire on which has a more rounded profile, and that kept me from leaning when riding on the shoulder of the road. I also got rid of the nimbus seat and put a KH free ride seat, which I later changed to a coker seat, which I have found to be the least painful of the three seats. Everyone is different when it comes to best type of seat, but the coker tire made a huge difference. (My first 36 was a coker V2 which rides like a tank compared to the lighter nimbus, I am sort of partial toward coker products)
dogpoundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 12:53 AM   #1176
JimT
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpoundar View Post
I bought the same unicycle and the first thing I did was get rid of the square tire. I put a coker tire on which has a more rounded profile, and that kept me from leaning when riding on the shoulder of the road. I also got rid of the nimbus seat and put a KH free ride seat, which I later changed to a coker seat, which I have found to be the least painful of the three seats. Everyone is different when it comes to best type of seat, but the coker tire made a huge difference. (My first 36 was a coker V2 which rides like a tank compared to the lighter nimbus, I am sort of partial toward coker products)
Dogpoundar,
Can you say what Coker tire you used? They sell three, Button tread all-terrain, Off-Road - Non-Skid Coker and the Ribbed XLR street tire.

I have the non-skid on my Coker and it is not effected by road camber. The non-skid runs straight where the Nimbus tire has a mind of its own on cambered roads.

Jim
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36er, mumpitz, post