Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-04-28, 10:55 AM   #1
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Unhappy KH fusion saddle cover broken

I ordered a KH fusion saddle cover off UDC. I put it on a started to tighten the strings and the part where the string goes through broke even befor the saddle was properly on. Are all of them this weak?
Attached Images
  
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:03 AM   #2
50 Percent
Are you friends with your Fast?
 
50 Percent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: section 5 of deep space 9
Age: 26
Posts: 358
i had no problem with mine...
__________________
click click
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy corn
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I thought we were here to talk about petroleum.
50 Percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:09 AM   #3
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Percent
i had no problem with mine...
I must have a defect them
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:09 AM   #4
ivan
Non-Danish Girl
 
ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Age: 31
Posts: 7,210
Yours must be defective. Contact UDC and they'll replace it, I'm sure.

The only problem I find with mine is the cloth part near the back bumper. It wore down very quickly, so the foam inside started showing. I sawed it up, but that won't last very long. Funny how it's got some super-strong kevlar reinforcement, but some parts are really shabby.
__________________
Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?
Entropy isn't what it used to be.
ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:10 AM   #5
50 Percent
Are you friends with your Fast?
 
50 Percent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: section 5 of deep space 9
Age: 26
Posts: 358
yeah i made mine really tight and they seem to be holding up fine


(well, not too tight)
__________________
click click
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy corn
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I thought we were here to talk about petroleum.
50 Percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:14 AM   #6
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan
Yours must be defective. Contact UDC and they'll replace it, I'm sure.

The only problem I find with mine is the cloth part near the back bumper. It wore down very quickly, so the foam inside started showing. I sawed it up, but that won't last very long. Funny how it's got some super-strong kevlar reinforcement, but some parts are really shabby.
I'll send them an email on suday so it'll reach them by monday.

edit: i just looked at the other side and the same is begining to happen there.
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!

Last edited by thejdw; 2007-04-28 at 11:15 AM.
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 07:58 PM   #7
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
has this happened to anybody else/ is there anything I coiuld have done wrong?
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:21 PM   #8
skrobo
jumps stuff
 
skrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Age: 30
Posts: 4,430
Send a message via AIM to skrobo
ehh
I have 2 of them. i use them ...
the elastic on one of them is torn, but not that part.I tighten it pretty good.
__________________
><> Unicycle For Christ <><
MY VIDEOS
World Record
94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
210cm Static Flat Gap

Last edited by skrobo; 2007-04-28 at 09:22 PM.
skrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:23 PM   #9
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrobo
ehh
I have 2 of them. i use them ...
the elastic on one of them is torn, but not that part.I tighten it pretty good.
Does yours have anything to stop tearing( i.e. plastic tubing)?
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:36 PM   #10
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Well I have the bust one here anybody have any ideas on how to fix it and renforce it?
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:38 PM   #11
Brian O.
Team Spencer Photographer
 
Brian O.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,903
When I got my freestyle uni last year from UDC it was starting to tear at that point as well. I emailed UDC right away and they sent along a spare for when the original one gave out.
Brian O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:39 PM   #12
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian O.
When I got my freestyle uni last year from UDC it was starting to tear at that point as well. I emailed UDC right away and they sent along a spare for when the original one gave out.
kl, I'll email them tomorrow. I hear there good with this sort of thing so i'm not too worried.
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 01:11 AM   #13
Phuni
music / unicycling
 
Phuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Indianapolis IN
Posts: 78
Funny, I was just going to put a post up about this issue myself. I have a fusion cover on a KH saddle that was converted into an air saddle before I bought it from UDC. It has done the same thing, tearing, etc. And the inner tube that creates the air saddle does not want to behave in there...it keeps shifting around. Has anyone had a problem with air saddles and the KH fusion cover? Mine's "all tored up" - I probably should contact UDC as well.

Thanks for posting,
Phil
Phuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:07 AM   #14
thejdw
elcycinu
 
thejdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuni
Funny, I was just going to put a post up about this issue myself. I have a fusion cover on a KH saddle that was converted into an air saddle before I bought it from UDC. It has done the same thing, tearing, etc. And the inner tube that creates the air saddle does not want to behave in there...it keeps shifting around. Has anyone had a problem with air saddles and the KH fusion cover? Mine's "all tored up" - I probably should contact UDC as well.

Thanks for posting,
Phil
maby we should ask kris
__________________
I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
thejdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
broken, cover, fusion, saddle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KH fusion seat cover on K1 saddle brendan General Unicycling Discussions 8 2008-07-25 04:24 AM
how much does the KH fusion street gel saddle weigh? The.Mars.Volta General Unicycling Discussions 7 2007-04-20 09:25 AM
KH Street Fusion Cover onewheelinwierdo General Unicycling Discussions 13 2007-01-30 10:12 PM
KH Fusion Cover on a DX. Borgschulze General Unicycling Discussions 11 2006-12-23 06:07 AM
Broken KH Fusion Saddle Allready?! munimanpete General Unicycling Discussions 14 2005-07-13 02:47 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.07882 seconds with 12 queries