Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2009-03-23, 09:43 PM   #61
littlemenjd
Slow but learning

Sorry I missed that

Wish I could have made that ride, but I was a bit busy with the boys.
I rode with John on Sunday and you guys didn't push him hard enough, he still had a whole lot of energy.

Jason

Last edited by littlemenjd; 2009-03-23 at 09:44 PM. Reason: fat fingered typing
littlemenjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 10:26 PM   #62
Michaelgoround
John 15:13

I know you guys mainly ride Muni, but a couple of friends and I may be riding in Tallahase during spring break. We haven't got it worked out yet though it should be fun.
Michaelgoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 11:50 PM   #63
billnye
Junior Mint

Send a message via ICQ to billnye Send a message via AIM to billnye Send a message via Yahoo to billnye
Jason: *thpppbt* (a pleasure riding with you as always, smarta--*ahem* ;P)

Michaelgoround: 5 hours for me from Sarasota might be a bit of a schlep, but definitely post up when you get plans together, and we'll see. (when's spring break for you?) Conversely, would you guys be interested in notification whenever I head to Ocala area for riding Santos with BrianP? Let me know and I can try to throw out a PM if you're not subscribed to the thread here.

I'm definitely looking forward to whenever the next "Occasional" turns out to be... this last meetup was a blast. We also might be able to get a caravan up to MuniSano's neck of the woods someday... 8hrs from here, 6hrs to Panama City instead. (that's where you're at, Michaelgoround?)

we'll see,

billnye
John M
billnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 12:20 PM   #64
MuniSano
Hartman Rocks, Uncompahgre beyond..

If you can make it to Birmingham, AL I think you'd love the Oak Mountain State Park. In fact on May 31st there is a mtb race there called Bump & Grind that I've successfully talked my way into doing on my unicycle. I'm sure they'd welcome some more one-wheelers. The bigger statement we make the more likely we can get our own division on day. The race website may not be fully up at the moment but keep trying. This event might be enough to entice some folks to come my way? If a 17 mile race/loop is too much I believe they also (race wise) have something like half the distance. Of course we can just meet up any old weekend just to ride? Just give me plenty of heads-up (PM me) if your thinking about caravaning up here, you won't be disappointed with Oak Mountain (about 1hour 1/2 drive for me).
Old 2009-03-25, 01:28 PM   #65
steveyo
...feeding the machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniSano View Post
If you can make it to Birmingham, AL I think you'd love the Oak Mountain State Park. In fact on May 31st there is a mtb race there called Bump & Grind that I've successfully talked my way into doing on my unicycle. I'm sure they'd welcome some more one-wheelers. The bigger statement we make the more likely we can get our own division on day. The race website may not be fully up at the moment but keep trying. This event might be enough to entice some folks to come my way? If a 17 mile race/loop is too much I believe they also (race wise) have something like half the distance. Of course we can just meet up any old weekend just to ride? Just give me plenty of heads-up (PM me) if your thinking about caravaning up here, you won't be disappointed with Oak Mountain (about 1hour 1/2 drive for me).
Wow, I'd never be able to make it, but you FLA 20-and-30-somethings (and 40-and-50 somethings, ED, Carol, Steven!) would have a great time riding there, from the sounds of it.

Muni-Sano- As for the race, 17 miles is major muni distance, IMHO, but your background in ultra-running means you eat that kind of pain for breakfast.

Dude, you are going to have such a great time at that race. At MTB races, on MTB trails in general, even the best bikers bow to you like the god they think you are.

- a few uni race write-ups
- muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers
steveyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 02:52 PM   #66
MuniSano

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyo View Post
Muni-Sano- As for the race, 17 miles is major muni distance, IMHO, but your background in ultra-running means you eat that kind of pain for breakfast.

Dude, you are going to have such a great time at that race. At MTB races, on MTB trails in general, even the best bikers bow to you like the god they think you are.
Yeah it's 17 miles, but I've done plenty of longer muni rides; in fact me and "hitarock" (not sure if he's still lurking around on these forums) did TWO loops of this trail a while ago on our unicycles . It's fairly medium level XC with a few more advanced sections but really one can fly through this loop on a 29er (too bad I don't have one). Hopefully by race day I'll have my 24" Guni ready to go as there are a few places (fire roads) where I know I can kick it into overdrive. So anybody interested in coming up/down/east/west just come on!
Old 2009-04-06, 09:59 AM   #67
Unibugg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I missed this?
Seriously?
I shouldn't have stayed away so long.
I can't believe it.

A year hiatus is ridiculous I know..
Unibugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 01:18 PM   #68
Michaelgoround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unibugg View Post
I missed this?
Seriously?
I shouldn't have stayed away so long.
I can't believe it.

A year hiatus is ridiculous I know..
I'm sure the will have another one in a couple of months.

BTW guys I'm getting a Muni. I need to get a job and some money up first though. It should be one of my first purchases.
Old 2009-04-08, 02:55 AM   #69
billnye
Junior Mint

Send a message via ICQ to billnye Send a message via AIM to billnye Send a message via Yahoo to billnye
Michaelgoround: cool, got anything picked out yet?

Unibugg: Yeeeeeeeeeeeess, sorry. Welcome back around, at any rate, hehe. Where in FL are you at? As Michaelgoround says, we'll probably have another at some point here, and there's 2 or 3 of us already meeting up weekend-ly for rides.

It'd be nice to get up MuniSano's way, maybe a group of us; and I'm seriously considering a road trip up to NC for Asheville Mountain Unicycle Festival this fall. We'll see what shakes out.

billnye
John M
Old 2009-04-08, 03:01 AM   #70
Unibugg

Hi John.
Road trip.. you mean on a coker? Just checking cause that's awful far. It would be great to get together informally with a group around here.

Oh, I'm in Jax. And you? MY bet would be south of me. Then again geography is on my side.
Unibugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 03:31 AM   #71
billnye
Junior Mint

Unibugg: hehe, I thought the twelve hours by car was going to be long... you're signing me up for a road ride now?!

Way to play the odds, there... yes somewhere south I'm down in Sarasota, as is frogy130, with no-forum Bill and littlemenjd a little north of me in the Tampa area, and Accordnsx and Wheel Riding a little further south by stages... Pt. Charlotte area and Ft. Myers-ish respectively.

I think the tentative plan for the next muni meet will be Santos, up in Ocala area, which'll be rougher on the SoFla crew but help out some of you northerners.

billnye
John M
Old 2009-04-08, 04:30 PM   #72
DSchmitt
Human Gyroscope

im going to try my best to go! please let me know asap the date youll be going so I can request off! i need a new muni first though, but I might be taking care of that this week!
DSchmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 05:13 PM   #73
MuniSano

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnye View Post
It'd be nice to get up MuniSano's way, maybe a group of us; and I'm seriously considering a road trip up to NC for Asheville Mountain Unicycle Festival this fall. We'll see what shakes out.
billnye
John M
My schedule is kind of "fluid" at the moment but I'm dying to ride with some others so possibly a road trip of my own to Asheville this Fall is in order! Again the offer is out there if anybody wants to come ride Oak Mountain. Just need to coordinate with work/school and my running race schedule... But I might be able to swing at least going to Asheville.
Old 2009-04-08, 08:58 PM   #74
Michaelgoround

Quote:
Michaelgoround: cool, got anything picked out yet?

Unibugg: Yeeeeeeeeeeeess, sorry. Welcome back around, at any rate, hehe. Where in FL are you at? As Michaelgoround says, we'll probably have another at some point here, and there's 2 or 3 of us already meeting up weekend-ly for rides.

billnye
John M
I'm Thinking about getting a KH 26" when they come out, though I may go for a Nimbus or a 24".

Sound good to me. I do suppose we will be putting a caravan together as to save money and have some good company?

Last edited by Michaelgoround; 2009-04-08 at 09:00 PM.
Old 2009-04-08, 09:09 PM   #75
Michaelgoround

Quote:
Jason: *thpppbt* (a pleasure riding with you as always, smarta--*ahem* ;P)

Michaelgoround: 5 hours for me from Sarasota might be a bit of a schlep, but definitely post up when you get plans together, and we'll see. (when's spring break for you?) Conversely, would you guys be interested in notification whenever I head to Ocala area for riding Santos with BrianP? Let me know and I can try to throw out a PM if you're not subscribed to the thread here.

I'm definitely looking forward to whenever the next "Occasional" turns out to be... this last meetup was a blast. We also might be able to get a caravan up to MuniSano's neck of the woods someday... 8hrs from here, 6hrs to Panama City instead. (that's where you're at, Michaelgoround?)

we'll see,

billnye
John M
Sadly our plans for the Tallahase ride were canceled. I doubt I will be able to go out that far for a simple weekend ride, but may on occassion when I get my Muni.

Sounds good to me. And yes I do live in Panama City, well Lynn Haven really but not many people know where that is.

BTW I did some Muni on my 20" yesterday and had some fun with that. I really do think I would enjoy Muning and can't wait to gather the funds so that I will be able to afford one.

Last edited by Michaelgoround; 2009-04-08 at 09:11 PM.

Tags
florida, floridaverse, meetup, muni