Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #10306
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

First ride on GUni

First 'real' ride on the 29er Guni, what a weird experience! Definitely going to take me a few weeks to tame this

EDIT: Image removed until I can fix the size...

“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Last edited by Piece Maker; Yesterday at 01:32 PM.
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #10307
UPD
fail better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece Maker View Post
First 'real' ride on the 29er Guni, what a weird experience! Definitely going to take me a few weeks to tame this

EDIT: Image removed until I can fix the size...

Weird is an understatement. I couldnt ride it all at first. But then again, I forgot that iI was essentially trying to power and keep balance a 54"
The 1st gear was nearly easy to get used to.
UPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #10308
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Yeah, I'm pretty much used to the Schlumpf's weirdness now (I can shift both ways without too much drama, and barely even notice the play in the pedals) but the weird part for me is, I'll pedal quick on the high gear and get my legs used to it, then I'll drop to the low gear and basically lose it because my legs are pushing FAR too hard, making me feel like I'm back to that time of learning to ride when your arse won't stay planted

Then I'll get used to the low gear, try shifting up again and go through the whole process in reverse!
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Last edited by Piece Maker; Yesterday at 11:57 PM.
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle