Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-11-14, 03:48 PM   #16
JimT
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yow View Post
Yeah the stadium is a brick which shows no mercy, very precisely steerable though and i just love the 3” duro that tire decides where the riding will be done.. Hey but that QU-AX saddle has such a nice soft couch feel to it i could idle on that all day! Peace to all the one wheel people too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quax1974 View Post
....The QU-AX tire is less fat but the seat is sooooo much more comfortable
I'm shopping for a new saddle, can you say what model of Qu-Ax saddle you are talking about?
Thanks,
Jim
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 08:50 PM   #17
Quax1974
Wobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT View Post
I'm shopping for a new saddle, can you say what model of Qu-Ax saddle you are talking about?
Thanks,
Jim
On my Muni:
https://www.qu-ax.de/en/product/qu-a...saddle-yellow/

On the 20" Luxus:
https://www.qu-ax.de/en/product/qu-a...-saddle-black/

Both of them are more comfortable than the seat on Yow's Nimbus 26" Muni
Quax1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 09:42 PM   #18
rogeratunicycledotcom
Mostly OKish Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanb View Post
Thanks everyone. As i have 650b set up already on my mtb, i realise theres plenty of choice with tyres. I will aim for 3" rubber on the new one i think. I know build quality is important with bikes so that really what is important to me. Over here in England the choices we seem to have is Nimbus, Qu ax and KH. All seem good quality at a similar price.
Alan, you are lucky. Why not call in and see the different models. We are only 20 miles down the road. We all ride Muni in the office (I did not mean that literally... but we do some times!).

Roger
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by rogeratunicycledotcom; 2017-11-20 at 09:43 PM.
rogeratunicycledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 12:05 PM   #19
Moslki
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaUniGuy View Post
I have the 24" Oracle w/brake and like it very much. It is well made and a pleasure to ride. It seems that most of the folks on here like larger wheels but for me a 24" is perfect. The trails I have available are tight, twisty, rocky and hilly so I don't go long distances. I always ride by myself so I like to go where there are other people in the area so there is someone to call the ambulance. I just go back and forth and session on sections of trails trying different lines. I don't think I would be comfortable on one much taller so a 24" works well for me.

I envy some of you when I see photos of the long flat smooth muni trails thru the woods where you can go for miles that you post on here. If I had that I think I would try a bigger wheel.

I don't think you can go wrong with a nimbus. My 3 main rides are nimbus and if my skills get to the point where I am breaking them I will be happy to spend the extra and upgrade to a Kris Holm!
+ 1 . For steep/complicated sections, which are the trails I enjoy the most, my main ride for Muni is the 24. As you well say I also go up and down these trails until I get them right. By the end of it I am so tired that day I haven't got the energy to ride anywhere else. I also have a 26 but I use it for less changeling locations with easier trials. I am slowly getting better in tackling difficult trials with the 26 though.

I haven't got a 27.5 or a 29 but I think I would find them a bit too big to tackle difficult sections. For the average rider (myself included) they are probably fantastic for easier trials/cross country. I already have too many Unicycles but I am sure that in the future I will get one those big wheel size Muni as well
Moslki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 12:14 PM   #20
Moslki
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeratunicycledotcom View Post
Alan, you are lucky. Why not call in and see the different models. We are only 20 miles down the road. We all ride Muni in the office (I did not mean that literally... but we do some times!).

Roger
Very lucky!
Moslki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
proper, unicycle