Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2016-09-21, 08:13 AM   #391
bouin-bouin
Didier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeratunicycledotcom View Post
Still no word from him. I had really hoped to see them coming out well before now. It would be great to have these hubs on the market. An internal brake on a schlumpf hub will be a BIG bonus - I would be a lot more happy on a 36" with schlumpf with the disc internal.

Roger
Hope it will be released before your recover your left foot
my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)
bouin-bouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 08:19 AM   #392
rogeratunicycledotcom
Mostly OKish Unicyclist

ha ha, yes that would be good. But I was getting the test sample and if I can not ride then it is not good that I am broken.

Roger
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 11:48 AM   #393
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Apparently DirtySixer (that brand who make 36" bikes for large 'n tall people) are making a 32" too! Are they using Nimbus rims I wonder?
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 01:19 PM   #394
rogeratunicycledotcom
Mostly OKish Unicyclist

Yes
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 02:20 AM   #395
BenBrown
Questor

Limited pennies this Christmas..

Thinking about purchasing a Kris Holm 36 frame while on sale and building it to a 32 Kent wheel.

Thoughts?
BenBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 05:55 AM   #396
grizbach
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
Thinking about purchasing a Kris Holm 36 frame while on sale and building it to a 32 Kent wheel.

Thoughts?
If you are not particular about variety of 32, go to unicycle.uk. I got a sweet deal this last spring on their Nimbus 32(without brake).
Their black Friday sale has it with a disk brake. Ugh! they're killing me. I don't NEED one with a brake, but it's an awesome deal.
If I ever get around to gearing it I would want a brake...
32" Nimbus Oracle
grizbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 11:04 PM   #397
LanceB
This space available

Quote:

Thoughts?
I built one like that, before you could buy a 32" uni. I like it, but it was kind of a hassle. (Search "Hot Rod Uni" for pics.) The wheel is a bargain ($70 complete with tire and shipping when I bought it), but it's a 48 spoke wheel. The Quax hubs come in a 48 spoke version, I believe, but you would need to measure everything out and get new spokes, then lace the wheel. Unless you have a lot of parts hanging around to complete the build, I think it would be better to buy the complete uni. I think they're on sale right now on the UDC-UK site. Just my opinion, though. If you're a good builder, go for it!
Good luck!

Last edited by LanceB; 2017-11-28 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo
LanceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 07:54 AM   #398
BenBrown
Questor

Lance,.. good advice. The budget is tight, so in place of money I will trade time and slowly work on making this happen.
Old 2017-12-03, 11:01 PM   #399
Thumper uni
Unicyclist

Quote:
Lance,.. good advice. The budget is tight, so in place of money I will trade time and slowly work on making this happen.
UDC has just released a 32" trainer that is slightly cheaper than there 36" trainer.
Old 2018-06-10, 07:55 PM   #400
pierrox
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbach View Post
go to unicycle.uk (...)
Their black Friday sale has it with a disk brake. Ugh! they're killing me. I don't NEED one with a brake, but it's an awesome deal.
I missed that sale last november by debating too much about the need for a 32" wheel. Others didn't waste time like I did and got the best deal of the year - 51% off a uni with identical specs to the newer model (except VCX cranks?), that WAS the offer not to miss. Hated myself for this indecision...

Last week a nice fellow from the French forum got in touch with me. He was one of the lucky owner of one of this 32" uni, except... that he never used his! Just a few weeks prior, he bought a second hand 36" wheel and got the 32" as an impulse buy. And quickly after, he fell in love with his 36" as he got into long distance riding. His son preferring to stick to his 29", the 32" stayed in its box, never assembled! And last week he remembered that I had missed the Black Friday sale and offered me his 32" at the price he bought it for.

This time, no messing around. The uni arrived end of the week. And I love it a lot! It's a great size in town (can roll back mount, static mount, things I can't do easily with the 36"), and it has that floaty feeling only big wheels have.

Now if only Florian could make the 125mm wide Schlumpf we all heard about... one would go into that uni right now!
Talking about that, wonder if it's worth keeping the G29, never really got into it...
pierrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 08:18 PM   #401
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

That worked out really well for you, pierrox! Congratulations and happy riding on it.
LargeEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 12:33 PM   #402
mowcius
2017 UK Road Race Champion

Location: Leeds, W. Yorks. Unicycles: KH36/32/G27.5, KH36 (stolen), KHF29, KH24, 19" Gravity, 20" BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrox View Post
Now if only Florian could make the 125mm wide Schlumpf we all heard about... one would go into that uni right now!
I'm thinking that Roger should be poking Florian about this as I'm thinking it would also increase the sale of Nimbus frames!

I prefer outbound disks generally, but for a Schlumpf I'd happily go 125 to have a disk on the hub rather than on the crank. The forces you can put on the gearing under heavy braking is far greater than what you can put on it accelerating.

Funnily enough you're not the only person who's considered dumping the Schlumpf after getting a 32". The wheel seems to just be within the storage size limit for some trains and smaller cars, whereas the 36er rarely fits.
Old 2018-09-01, 03:22 PM   #403
BenBrown
Questor

Another 32 is (diy) born!

Quote:
Over nine months I've saved and purchased parts as I could. Finally, thanks to this thread I've built my 32. Definitely more valuable to me because I built it, without any unicycle or bicycle building experience. A KH 36 frame, Kent wheels, etc..

Only had it up and running twice just a couple of minutes due to time constraints this week/weekend. After some minimal skill on a 24, this beauty is a new experience. The awareness of mass/momentum/inertia fades after getting it moving, but I'm still getting aquatinted with it.

My near hope is to ride the Kal-Haven Trail to the next village in the next few weeks and the whole trail next year.

Can't appreciate what I've learned here enough. Never would be riding this without you all.

B
Old 2018-09-04, 06:24 AM   #404
Dingfelder
Smoov Moob Noob

This does seem like a super-interesting size. Please keep us updated on how you like it and what you use it for.

Tags
the missing link a 32, udc, unicycle, walmart