Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-05-11, 05:16 PM   #1
Ronnel

Hello from Kyoto

Hi!

I'm new and still can't ride a unicycle. I only got my unicycle/clown bike today as a present from my wife for my 48th birthday and trying to figure out how to ride it. My son rode unicycles when he was young but nothing fancy. I did try to ride his unicycles before but I was never successful. My top score was 3 pedals only before I fell off. It felt easier hopping a bit and using it as a pogo stick with one hand on the seat and one hand on the wall but if I try to pedal, I easily lose my balance.

I rode Trials motorcycles before for about 15+ years as a hobby and even back then I wanted to learn how to ride a unicycle but didn't have enough courage to continue. Maybe now I will continue to learn how to ride one because seeing those unicycle videos on YouTube and seeing how fit and strong unicycle riders are, maybe instead of a treadmill that I may be able to lose some weight if I learn to ride one. I often watch Mr. Terry Peterson on YouTube not only for his unicycling skills but also for his awesome model-like looks. I just wish I have abs like him... My tummy is so big now that I look pregnant, haha!

By the way, I'm a Filipino but since my son is a Japanese, I'm in luck because I can always ask him to teach me or ask his friends and even ask young kids to be my unicycle teacher. When I practiced today, one of my neighbors told me that soon I'll become a clown or a flamingo... HAHA!

Here are some photos of my unicycle/clown bike and I also included an old photo of me and my son playing Trials when he was young.

Hoping to eat less and train more
Ronnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kyoto