Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-10-25, 09:34 AM   #31
president_luke
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxdan
M.U. do your gaurdians really let you get away with dropping "WTF" bombs all the over the internet. Come correct. If you intend for that to stand for what I think it stands for you have no business employing that abbreviation anywhere, especially not in public forums. Harper, back me up on this.

And what's up with all the doubters and haters, anyway? Remember Rowdy Rodney Piper of the WWF? A little screaming can be fun. I'm surprised everyone got so critical and suspicious. Racing Munis in the mud is a blast. And you get crazy love from the crowd. These people have never seen anything like it and they go nuts ringing cow bells and screaming, "Go Uni, Go!" .

So any fun loving, non-haters, in the PNW, do yourselfs a favour and get down the races. At least look at pictures and please stop you hating, 12 year-old haters.
I think you are doper, since you appeared the same time as him and have only posted in this thread.
president_luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 09:58 AM   #32
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

I like the idea of a WTF bomb, it appeals to me.
Its like an 18+ cyber weapon of mass destruction. Garunteed to strike uncomfortable reactions with parents all over the globe.
Old 2006-10-25, 02:42 PM   #33
UniBrier
Time To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by president_luke
I think you are doper, since you appeared the same time as him and have only posted in this thread.
I think if you check the pics and standing you'll find Doper and Dan have been seen at the same place on the same day. I agree Doper came on too strong but it is a legitimate thread.

I too am tired of all the "fudgekins" thrown in around here.

I didn't know about this group of PDX riders. You'll have to hook up with the SARS (Seattle Area RiderS) sometime. I've wanted to do a unicross but the logistics never seem to work out. The kid's fall sports seem to dominate my weekends. If things work out we'll be in Eastern Washington for State Volleyball that weekend.

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 03:07 AM   #34
roadcrossmtb

Angry?

danni, why are you so angry. If you don't want to join in the fun, just don't come. No need to piss on everybody's parade. I don't think most Uni riders are really as uptight and pissy as you sound on this forum. Remember, its all for "fun" and a thing is only as fun and cool as folks make. If you say something positive, then things will probably turn out positive. If say negative things... Live large.
roadcrossmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 06:48 AM   #35
TheObieOne3226

Send a message via AIM to TheObieOne3226 Send a message via Yahoo to TheObieOne3226
great thread
Sixsixone

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde Mental

Disclaimer: The above message was not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended I can take no responsibility for my actions because I don't feel like it. Also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
TheObieOne3226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 04:36 PM   #36
racerjoe
Be Safe - Rubber Side Down

Uni Cross is for Fun

Greetings,
The world Unicycle Cyclocross championships are supposed to be fun - yes fun. The concept is simply riding the unicycle on a cyclocross race course. Being the person that got uni's incorporated into the Cross Crusade series in Portland several years ago - the motivation was simple - grow the off road unicycle sport, hook up with some folks to ride with and have some fun riding these courses. Yes it's only one lap - but I'll have to say for me 20-25 minutes of trying to ride a uni fast is as much work as 45 minutes on a single speed.

So, think of the event as a way to grow this incredibly fun sport and have some friendly sparring. Heck - doper made fun of me last week so I tried to knock him over at the start of the race and I fell instead - got what was coming to me - Yes I did catch up with him later in the race.

I posted the announcement for fun. So if you're interested in, what I think is the first "Unicycle World Cyclocross Championships", come over to Oregon and have some fun competition with other uni riders.

Ride safe
RacerJoe
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 06:45 PM   #37
Erant
I know how to change this title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe
The world Unicycle Cyclocross championships are supposed to be fun - yes fun.

So if you're interested in, what I think is the first "Unicycle World Cyclocross Championships".
Hmm, no IUF endorsement and no riders of nationalities other then american. Yeah... World championship?
Old 2006-10-28, 09:27 PM   #38
pdxdan
Unicyclist

another humorless unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erant
Hmm, no IUF endorsement and no riders of nationalities other then american. Yeah... World championship?

I made this same point ealier in this thread. The use of the phrase "world championships" is intended to ironic as in:

Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, with reservations, or in some unusual way.

The great march of "progress" has left millions impoverished and hungry.

Last edited by pdxdan; 2006-10-28 at 09:28 PM.
pdxdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 10:17 PM   #39
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrobo
do they even get to call it a world championships?
Technically, since there is a world unicycling organization, not without at least asking. But if there aren't any other cyclocross unicycle races (non that I'm aware of), there's no harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe
The world Unicycle Cyclocross championships are supposed to be fun - yes fun. The concept is simply riding the unicycle on a cyclocross race course. Being the person that got uni's incorporated into the Cross Crusade series in Portland several years ago...
Sounds like the event has some history behind it, not just this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erant
Look at baseball. I'm not an expert (or willing to look it up), but have any non-American, i.e. Canadian teams ever played in the "World Series?" The point being, if they haven't, it's not because they weren't eligible. If there were to be a Cyclocross event at the next Unicon, it would be a proper world championships of that event. But it's still only open to the riders that show up. Why should it have to be part of a Unicon to be an international championship?

Anyway, it sounds like a fun event. It just needs someone else, like pdxdan, to advertise it to this group...

"I was younger then, but it felt at the time like it was going like poo off a spade. Great fun." -- Mikefule (he's British)
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 11:31 PM   #40
gilbranimo
Unicyclist

I have raced uni at two of the crosscrusade races this year and I am Canadian.
I have also heard that the crosscrusade is the biggest cyclocross event in north america .
Where can I get info on other uni races?
gilbranimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:17 AM   #41
crankmychain
DannyK

Send a message via AIM to crankmychain Send a message via Yahoo to crankmychain
Video from Cross Crusade Unicross Championship

You can check out the video of the cross country unicycle race at crankmychain.com perma link here

I hope that you will enjoy ;^)
crankmychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:40 AM   #42
Jerrick
King of Carnies

Send a message via MSN to Jerrick
Looked like it was a lot of fun.

Hopefully next years track will have a little more technical stuff to it. =p
~Jerrick
Jerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:52 AM   #43
crankmychain
DannyK

Send a message via AIM to crankmychain Send a message via Yahoo to crankmychain
Estacada Timber Park

yeah, the terrain was pretty tame and the few complex areas were on the far ends of the course where I couldn't get to easily.
crankmychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:54 AM   #44
Jerrick
King of Carnies

Send a message via MSN to Jerrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankmychain
yeah, the terrain was pretty tame and the few complex areas were on the far ends of the course where I couldn't get to easily.

It still looked good though.

Im gonna be trying to make it next year.
~Jerrick
Jerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 05:01 AM   #45
mark williamson
Unicyclist

Were there any wheelsize restrictions? The track looked very well suited to a 36", which steam through on the sort of terrain shown, probably blowing away any smaller wheels on the track.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
championships, unicyclocross, world