Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-04-11, 09:16 PM   #1
C-ZER
I want to be a pro uni rider.

Exclamation Dog bite!

I got bit by a dog yesterday. It was my friend’s dog. This is how it happened.

I was online and I got bored so I went out to ride my unicycle. I rode it out the gate and was trying to decide where to go when I saw some friends of mine. They were walking down the street so I rode over to them and talked a little. Then I went with them. We were going to Peter’s house to play Halo 2. Then Peter said “I have to get bread for my mom” the store is just down the street from his house. His back yard is up against the street we went down. His dogs jump and bark when people go by. We were walking by and I said ‘I am going to pet your dog” Peter said “don’t! Stick your hand over the fence my dog will bite you.” and what did I do? I stuck my hand over the fence. The dog jumped and bit down onto my hand. I pulled my hand back but it was too late. My hand started to bleed and I laughed and my friends laughed too. One of my friends got me some paper towels on the way too the store and then he got me a band aid at the store. Peter got some bread and then went to Sub Way and Peter got a Sub. Then we went back to Peters house and played Halo.

I will see if I can post a pic
Old 2008-04-11, 09:21 PM   #2
Monkeyboy13
half monkey, all awesome

Send a message via AIM to Monkeyboy13 Send a message via Yahoo to Monkeyboy13
that sucks, but u kinda had it comin when he said not to put your hand over the fence
l---L –0lllllll0- JEEPS R AWESOME!
()_) ()_)----)_)
Monkeyboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 09:27 PM   #3
C-ZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy13
that sucks, but u kinda had it comin when he said not to put your hand over the fence
yep that is why i think it was funny because I ignored the warning.
Old 2008-04-11, 09:29 PM   #4
1-wheeled-grape
Scott

Send a message via MSN to 1-wheeled-grape
you were warned first you ride silly clown bikes then you give your hand to a visious dog, you are very silly indeed lol. I Hope your hand is alright, and isnt infected or anything though
Old 2008-04-11, 10:09 PM   #5
C-ZER

here is a pic that i just took.
Attached Images

Old 2008-04-11, 10:11 PM   #6
1-wheeled-grape
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ZER
here is a pic that i just took.
ouch, that looks deep. What type of dog was it??
Old 2008-04-12, 12:14 AM   #7
jamessd
Recreational unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to jamessd
You see, you wouldn't get this from a [pet] cat...
Old 2008-04-12, 12:22 AM   #8
unibikeling
Vendetta Against Freestylers

Send a message via AIM to unibikeling Send a message via MSN to unibikeling Send a message via Yahoo to unibikeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessd
You see, you wouldn't get this from a [pet] cat...
yes you would, easily, most cats are vicious and untrainable. If you train your dog right, *looks at someone in the room*, its going to be a very good pet. Our dog was raised correctly, and is there for a very good dog. Cats are vicious, and will bite anything, and claw anything

Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!-My Videos

Sprite Off Winner 08~
unibikeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:35 AM   #9
jamessd
Recreational unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to jamessd
Quote:
Originally Posted by unibikeling
yes you would, easily, most cats are vicious and untrainable. If you train your dog right, *looks at someone in the room*, its going to be a very good pet. Our dog was raised correctly, and is there for a very good dog. Cats are vicious, and will bite anything, and claw anything
Yet when my cats bite or claw me it does not hurt at all. (or give me a big gash in my hand).

Last edited by jamessd; 2008-04-12 at 12:35 AM.
jamessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:47 AM   #10
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

I would re-clean it good, ask your doc to give you an antibiotic, and put antibiotic cream on it.

My wife and I spent the day with the behaviorist at the ASPCA, to avoid just this kind of thing with our dog. They give free lifetime psychiatric care to the pets they adopt out. It was great! They even kept her behavioral chart on file from 2 years ago when we adopted her.
Old 2008-04-12, 01:38 AM   #11
C-ZER

I have a pet cat and he is not vicious but cats do seem to be untrainable. But all the cats I ever had have been loving and affectionate. I think the dog was some kind of shepherd. When my dog bit my I bit it back and it hasn’t bit me since.
Old 2008-04-12, 02:08 AM   #12
augustdreamt
Proofreadah!

Send a message via AIM to augustdreamt
My cats know some commands. They know Down, No, Here, and Out. Out is my favorite so far. It's so much easier to just say "Charlie, out" and then watch him scurry out of the room than to have to chase him about and then carry him out myself. They also know and respond to their names, so if I only tell Charlie to leave the room, Rocky will stay right where he is until I specifically name him, and vice versa. They also come when called, which is convenient too when it comes time to clip their nails.

I've got very sweet and obedient kitties, though. I've definitely met some cats that will only give you a dirty look in response to ANYTHING you say to them.

Nimbus Muni - The Distance - Nimbus 29er - The First Day

My To-Do List: Idle * Side mount * Hops * Rolling mount * Backwards riding * One-foot riding * Jump mount * 12-inch drops * One-foot idling * Kick-up mount * Walk the wheel * Ride down stairs

Last edited by augustdreamt; 2008-04-12 at 02:10 AM.
augustdreamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 02:22 AM   #13
unibikeling
Vendetta Against Freestylers

Send a message via AIM to unibikeling Send a message via MSN to unibikeling Send a message via Yahoo to unibikeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustdreamt
My cats know some commands. They know Down, No, Here, and Out. Out is my favorite so far. It's so much easier to just say "Charlie, out" and then watch him scurry out of the room than to have to chase him about and then carry him out myself. They also know and respond to their names, so if I only tell Charlie to leave the room, Rocky will stay right where he is until I specifically name him, and vice versa. They also come when called, which is convenient too when it comes time to clip their nails.

I've got very sweet and obedient kitties, though. I've definitely met some cats that will only give you a dirty look in response to ANYTHING you say to them.
thats pretty cool! Never really heard of that. Pretty tight. I like kittens... their soo cute

Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!-My Videos

Sprite Off Winner 08~
unibikeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 04:42 AM   #14
Tyler_N
myspace.com/munirider (add me)

cat/dog + laser pointer = hours of fun!
Tyler_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 08:43 AM   #15
1-wheeled-grape
Scott

yeah my cats respond to their names, and normaly come when you tell them. My dogs aren't the best trained but they are not visious, my labrador is huge an hyperactive and goes mad anyone goes near our gate, he calms down once theyve stroked and said hello to him. And my dogs can count, they know if we have 2 breadsticks there will be 4 ends and if theres only one there will only be 2 ends, they sit next to you untill go give them all to them its quite funnY

edit: 500th post already!!!

Last edited by 1-wheeled-grape; 2008-04-12 at 08:44 AM.
1-wheeled-grape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bite, dog