Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2002-10-17, 12:44 AM   #1
evilewan
death or glory
 
evilewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: stirling, central scotland.
Posts: 799
durham calling

i'm leaving for the durham convention tomorow, it doesen't start till saturday but we are touring our way down via newcastle by train, where we're going to blag a lift to durham.


i hear that they'll be some offroad at some point, and i fully intend to do some urban trials,
so i advise you all to cancel your apointments for the weekend and get to durham so that i might know what some more of you look like when were debating what the best unicycle handle is.

it may bee a long way for some of you in far flug places, but thats what they invented credit cards for.

hope to see some of you there!
__________________
--
evilewan.

see the outdated but still usefull rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @ http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 09:00 AM   #2
phil
Average wheels: 1.5
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cannock Chase, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 3,382
Other than "it's in Durham", I've not heard any details... where? When? How much? Etcetera... is there a web page about it? I've emailled the address given but haven't heard anything back...

Ta muchly

Phil, just me
__________________
"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 09:13 AM   #3
Graeme
More regular de-lurker
 
Graeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally posted by phil
Other than "it's in Durham", I've not heard any details... where? When? How much? Etcetera... is there a web page about it? I've emailled the address given but haven't heard anything back...
This is all I could find http://www.jugglingdb.com/events/index.php?id=143

I'll not be there, but I'm sure you won't let that spoil your enjoyment

Have fun!

Graeme
__________________
Time for me to think up a new sig.
Ermmm... uh... hmmm...
You know that really witty and original thing you heard the other day? Well imagine that I said it and it's now written here.
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 10:43 AM   #4
Roger Davies
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: durham calling

What would you like to know Phil? this is my local convention so there will
be loads of unicycling going on!

We have a separate hall for workshops and unicycling generally, we have a
Muni ride, lots of play area for trials, we have a hockey tournament, It
starts at 10.00am and finishes at 2.00am. Cost is £6 I think... We do have
a sleeping hall as well that will cost you £2.5 extra.

Does that help?

Roger
__________________________

The UK's Unicycle Source
http://www.unicycle.uk.com
__________________________
----- Original Message -----
From: "phil" <phil.cnu70@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: durham calling


>
> Other than "it's in Durham", I've not heard any details... where? When?
> How much? Etcetera... is there a web page about it? I've emailled the
> address given but haven't heard anything back...
>
> Ta muchly
>
> Phil, just me
>
>
> --
> phil - Getting the hang of it...
>
> "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>

________________________________________________________________________ ___
> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -

www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 10:47 AM   #5
phil
Average wheels: 1.5
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cannock Chase, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 3,382
Re: Re: durham calling

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Davies
We have a separate hall for workshops and unicycling generally, we have a Muni ride, lots of play area for trials, we have a hockey tournament, It starts at 10.00am and finishes at 2.00am. Cost is £6 I think... We do have a sleeping hall as well that will cost you £2.5 extra.
Oo, ta, that's helpful. Where exactly is it? Or do I just trail round Durham towards where the cries of "you've lost LOADS of wheels!" are loudest?

Muni _and_ trials? Cor... which unicycle? Decisions, decisions!

/me goes to see whether my sleeping bag is still fit for human habitation...

Phil, just me
__________________
"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 01:08 PM   #6
Roger Davies
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: durham calling

You will find us, just follow the pink signs. Or ask any student where
Dunelm is because we are in the student union.

Cheers

Roger
__________________________

The UK's Unicycle Source
http://www.unicycle.uk.com
__________________________
----- Original Message -----
From: "phil" <phil.cnz20@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: durham calling


>
> Roger Davies wrote:
> > *We have a separate hall for workshops and unicycling generally, we
> > have a Muni ride, lots of play area for trials, we have a hockey
> > tournament, It starts at 10.00am and finishes at 2.00am. Cost is £6 I
> > think... We do have a sleeping hall as well that will cost you £2.5
> > extra.
> > *

>
>
> Oo, ta, that's helpful. Where exactly is it? Or do I just trail round
> Durham towards where the cries of "you've lost LOADS of wheels!" are
> loudest?
>
> Muni _and_ trials? Cor... which unicycle? Decisions, decisions!
>
> /me goes to see whether my sleeping bag is still fit for human
> habitation...
>
> Phil, just me
>
>
> --
> phil - Getting the hang of it...
>
> "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>

________________________________________________________________________ ___
> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -

www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 01:38 PM   #7
phil
Average wheels: 1.5
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cannock Chase, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 3,382
Ah, found it, ta. 27 on this map, I presume...

Phil, just me
__________________
"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 05:31 PM   #8
sarah.miller
SWUM unicyclist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Exeter, Devon
Posts: 1,042
Duh, I forgot it was Durham this weekend.
work are sending me to Newcastle next week, but I don't go till Sunday. Mind you I have other commitments on saturday anyway. But, is there a juggling club in Whitley Bay? or Newcastle, that is friendly to a random unicyclist. I'll try and get down to Durham on Tuesday, but might not finish work in time.

What night is Stockton Unicycle club?
Sarah
sarah.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 06:08 PM   #9
Roger Davies
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: durham calling

Pity you could not get things sorted, you know Durham is always good.

Whitley Bay has Joe and John Baxter who are manic, Joe is a good trails
rider but rides almost every day on the front there and I am sure would love
company.

Clubs...
Durham, Tuesday
Stockton, Wednesday
Stockton Hockey, Thursday
Newcastle, Thursday

If anyone wants information on where you local club is in the UK there are 2
places to look. Either:
UUU web site:
http://www.unicycle.org.uk/Clubs.html
The Juggling DB:
http://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?country=222

look forward to seeing you up North again Sarah.

Roger
__________________________

The UK's Unicycle Source
http://www.unicycle.uk.com
__________________________
----- Original Message -----
From: "sarah.miller" <sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: durham calling


>
> Duh, I forgot it was Durham this weekend.
> work are sending me to Newcastle next week, but I don't go till Sunday.
> Mind you I have other commitments on saturday anyway. But, is there a
> juggling club in Whitley Bay? or Newcastle, that is friendly to a random
> unicyclist. I'll try and get down to Durham on Tuesday, but might not
> finish work in time.
>
> What night is Stockton Unicycle club?
> Sarah
>
>
> --
> sarah.miller
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>

________________________________________________________________________ ___
> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -

www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-18, 10:23 AM   #10
Joe Marshall
Newsgroup User
 
Posts: n/a
Re: durham calling


"sarah.miller" <sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
message news:sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com...
>
> Whitley Bay?


Miles and miles of golden sand,
Whitley Bay Northumberland.






  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
calling, durham


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2016 Gilby
Page generated in 0.07652 seconds with 9 queries