Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

View Poll Results: Does Rezzy Make the AWESOME Rules?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Sometimes 0 0%
Only applicable on the internet. There is no power held outside in the real world. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-01-16, 12:50 AM   #46
Michaelgoround
John 15:13

I want to wind surf one day, looks fun! I think I would rather do kite surfing though.
Michaelgoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:51 AM   #47
Rezinha
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter View Post
oh you're a beach bum.

I'm happy for you.

ps: I can't wait until this thread is on the 4th page so I don't see the ''over-weight guy'' cheerleading.

That board isn't very big. It hard to stand when there's no wind. haha
Beach bum?

Yeah, that's my brother's board.

I will resist with every inch and every breath, I will resist this psychic death! There's more than two ways of thinking, more than one way of knowing, more than two ways of being!

Last edited by Rezinha; 2009-01-16 at 12:51 AM.
Rezinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:53 AM   #48
Rezinha
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoround View Post
I want to wind surf one day, looks fun! I think I would rather do kite surfing though.
Yep, it's very very fun! Everyone should try it!

I will resist with every inch and every breath, I will resist this psychic death! There's more than two ways of thinking, more than one way of knowing, more than two ways of being!

Last edited by Rezinha; 2009-01-16 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2009-01-16, 01:06 AM   #49
critter
Year of the Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezinha View Post
Beach bum?
beach bum
noun informal
a person who loafs on or around a beach.
(someone who loves the beach life)

Windsurfing is harder to do than kite surfing.
But kite surfing is more deadly.
Old 2009-01-16, 01:40 AM   #50
lpounds
Unicyclist

Send a message via MSN to lpounds
I might get some flack for this, but IMHO American TV is more worthwhile than American movies.

I am finishing a BFA in Film Production and only watched a couple films in 2008, but I watch TV every night.

How It's Made
How'd They Do That
American Idol
The Real World
The Nature of Things
Myth Busters
The Office
Dexter
2 and a Half Men
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Survivor man
30 Rock
etc etc etc.

Reruns also have merit:
The Cosby Show
Who's The Boss
Cheers
Mash
Seinfeld
Mad About You
All In The Family

Does anyone share my sentiment? American TV, though sometimes trashy and commercialized, is some damn captivating stuff.

lpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 02:02 AM   #51
siafirede
Flex Your Head

Most of my favorite movies are American.

Office Space, Donnie Darko, Big Lebowski, Royal Tenenbaums, Labyrinth, Secret of NIMH, Land Before Time, Wristcutters, Troma movies, etc etc.

We also have great TV shows (but most of our shows are bad, but then again, most TV is bad anyway)
Amazing ones: Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Arrested Development.

Also...everyone likes American music (Rezzy likes the Cramps).

Last edited by siafirede; 2009-01-16 at 02:03 AM.
siafirede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 02:36 AM   #52
Rezinha
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by siafirede View Post
Most of my favorite movies are American.

Office Space, Donnie Darko, Big Lebowski, Royal Tenenbaums, Labyrinth, Secret of NIMH, Land Before Time, Wristcutters, Troma movies, etc etc.

We also have great TV shows (but most of our shows are bad, but then again, most TV is bad anyway)
Amazing ones: Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Arrested Development.

Also...everyone likes American music (Rezzy likes the Cramps).
Hahah yeah. I like it.
I'm not against american culture. There are lots of good american movies (like Donnia Darko) but lots of them suck too! But it happens in every country. The only thing that I don't like about american movies is that they, sometimes, try to show that different cultures are worse than american culture.

For example, I bet most of the americans have the idea that here in Brazil there are monkeys and snakes all over the place, and you have to pray for your life everyday because at any minute you can be robbed and kidnapped and that there are lots of naked women and people come here just to make sex with them and that our capital is Buenos Aires and that we talk spanish... Hahaha.

Old 2009-01-16, 03:06 AM   #53
Jerrick
King of Carnies

Send a message via MSN to Jerrick
Haha, nope.
~Jerrick
Jerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:43 AM   #54
critter
Year of the Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpounds View Post
I might get some flack for this, but IMHO American TV is more worthwhile than American movies.

I am finishing a BFA in Film Production and only watched a couple films in 2008, but I watch TV every night.

Does anyone share my sentiment? American TV, though sometimes trashy and commercialized, is some damn captivating stuff.
Dexter is fun
''get smart'' a classic

Quote:
There are lots of good american movies (like Donnia Darko)
Never saw Donnia Darko.
Ong-Bak is a great movie from Thailand but terrible when you watch it with english dubbing instead of subtitles.
Old 2009-01-17, 05:08 AM   #55
Tyler_N
myspace.com/munirider (add me)

me and my dad watch get smart all the time.
Tyler_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:00 PM   #56
Phil_on_uni
TEAM DIRTY NEEDLEZ, TEAM SPENCER

Send a message via MSN to Phil_on_uni
everyone should see "my best friends girl"
rather good

johnfoss:
What do you call the bunches of kids that follow Kris around at big unicycle conventions? "Holmies".
Phil_on_uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 02:09 PM   #57
Michaelgoround
John 15:13

Quote:
Hahah yeah. I like it.
I'm not against american culture. There are lots of good american movies (like Donnia Darko) but lots of them suck too! But it happens in every country. The only thing that I don't like about american movies is that they, sometimes, try to show that different cultures are worse than american culture.

For example, I bet most of the americans have the idea that here in Brazil there are monkeys and snakes all over the place, and you have to pray for your life everyday because at any minute you can be robbed and kidnapped and that there are lots of naked women and people come here just to make sex with them and that our capital is Buenos Aires and that we talk spanish... Hahaha.
Nope.
Michaelgoround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 02:32 PM   #58
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Quote:
Hahah yeah. I like it.

Rezzy,

You should get out more, you'd see that Americans have an accurate view, but your view comes from watching too much Brazilian TV.

With 2 corections: 1) the women aren't naked, they're topless and wear string bikinis with a Brazilian wax, and 2) they speak Portuguese.

Every time I go there I get kidnapped by gangs of women in bikinis. Very common.

Billy
Old 2009-01-17, 09:36 PM   #59
Rezinha
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain View Post

With 2 corections: 1) the women aren't naked, they're topless and wear string bikinis with a Brazilian wax, and 2) they speak Portuguese.

Every time I go there I get kidnapped by gangs of women in bikinis. Very common.

Billy
Women aren't topless here. They just wear very tiny bikinis, but never topless. Brazilian wax?
I know we speak portuguese! But most of the americans who come here talk spanish. I mean, that's ok because they may teach spanish at the school, so it's easier than come here speaking portuguese and I know that all brazilians can understand spanish and etc. But there are some of them who think that we really talk spanish! That's not a bad thing, I can understand that. Because we're the only country here who speaks (brazilian) portuguese! And there's a lot of people here who think that the capital of USA is New York. So, it's normal that in every country people have a distorted view of other cultures.
I'm just saying that some americans think we are crazy naked people running through jungles and hanging out with monkeys! Hahaha

I've never got kidnapped by these women Maybe I'm going to the wrong place then.

Old 2009-01-18, 12:31 AM   #60
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Quote:
Women aren't topless here. They just wear very tiny bikinis, but never topless. Brazilian wax?
I know we speak portuguese! But most of the americans who come here talk spanish. I mean, that's ok because they may teach spanish at the school, so it's easier than come here speaking portuguese and I know that all brazilians can understand spanish and etc. But there are some of them who think that we really talk spanish! That's not a bad thing, I can understand that. Because we're the only country here who speaks (brazilian) portuguese! And there's a lot of people here who think that the capital of USA is New York. So, it's normal that in every country people have a distorted view of other cultures.
I'm just saying that some americans think we are crazy naked people running through jungles and hanging out with monkeys! Hahaha

I've never got kidnapped by these women Maybe I'm going to the wrong place then.
Those crazy naked Brazilian women aren't interested in kidnapping a WOMAN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_waxing

Brazilian waxing refers to a removal of almost all pubic hair, front to back except for a thin strip of hair on the pubis.[1][6][7][8][10] An extreme form of bikini waxing, it involves complete removal of hair from the buttocks and adjacent to the anus, perineum and vulva (labia majora and mons pubis).[11][12] Waxes that remove all of the pubic hair are known as a full Brazilian wax, full Bikini wax, Hollywood wax or the Sphinx.[1][7][8]

Tags
rezzy, whys