Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-08-11, 05:22 PM   #1
warlord14
Kinda Wierd

dog pictures

I love dogs and want to see what kind of dogs that people on the forum have so if you feel like it you can tell what kind of dog you have and post a picture.

this is my dog Zizi she is a 7 year old black lab.
Name:  IMG_6463.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  231.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6471.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  194.8 KB

"when all your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed" Marilyn Manson

Last edited by warlord14; 2008-08-11 at 05:24 PM.
warlord14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 05:29 PM   #2
Buddy
Registered User OF CANDY!!!

Send a message via AIM to Buddy Send a message via MSN to Buddy Send a message via Yahoo to Buddy
Gallery of Pets.

How I miss my old account...
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 06:31 PM   #3
GILD
Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

Location: the bustling metropolis of Nelspruitia, south africa
Pwned.

Woof.
GILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 02:36 AM   #4
hobo_chuck
Why me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
You used the version with the search terms highlighted.
Soooo unprofessional
hobo_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 02:41 AM   #5
Buddy
Registered User OF CANDY!!!

Send a message via AIM to Buddy Send a message via MSN to Buddy Send a message via Yahoo to Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo_chuck
You used the version with the search terms highlighted.
Soooo unprofessional
No no, it proves that I know how to use the search function.

How I miss my old account...
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:36 AM   #6
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

i hope you have this in your area....

every day we hear of heart-wrenching stories of pet owners facing personal crises who have no other option but to surrender their animals due to situations beyond their control. Traumatic events such as domestic violence, foreclosure, fire, eviction, and illness can instantly force the separation of people and their beloved pets.

In the case of battered women, the statistics are alarming—just last month we learned that as many as 48% of these women delay leaving abusive situations out of fear for the safety of their animals.* A fear well justified when you consider that 71% of abused women reported that their batterers had harmed, threatened or even killed their pets, often in front of them and their children, as a way to coerce, control or humiliate them.**

While shelters provide a safe haven for victims of abuse and those who have been evicted, their animals are rarely welcome. Sadly, these individuals and families face the additional pain of giving up their pets in order to access help and safety. And for pet owners who are ill and need emergency medical care—where do they turn to for pet assistance during hospitalizations?

There is now hope. Infinite Hope.

We are very pleased to announce a new direction for Infinite Hope, a non-profit organization affiliated with Hope Vet. Our first initiative in conjunction with the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals will assist people in short-term crises so that they can continue their relationships with their pets. While other cities have established safe pet programs, Infinite Hope is the first of its kind in New York City.

We could use your help. There are many jobs to do as we begin—develop a website, create a newsletter and establish a trusted foster care network.

If you can assist us in getting the program started or if you would consider opening your heart and home to someone’s pet who needs fostering for a short time, we’d be infinitely grateful. Simply hit reply to this email and we will send you additional information.

Together, we can show people and their pets that where there is help, there is Hope.

Sincerely,
The Infinite Hope Team

* Ascione, F.R. (2007) Emerging research on animal abuse as a risk factor for intimate partner violence. In K. Kendall-Tackett & S. Giacomoni (Eds.) Intimate Partner Violence (pp.3-1 to 3-17). Kingston, NJ: Civic Research Institute.

** Ascione, F.R., Weber, C.V., & Wood, D.S. (1997). The abuse of animals and domestic violence: A national survey of shelters for women who batter. Society and Animals, 5(3), 205-218.

Tags
dog, pictures, wurst