Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-11-22, 03:05 AM   #31
Nate128
Unicyclist

Quote:
I'm not adjusting the seat angle while I'm actually riding it. I think that would end badly.

I loosen the four screws that hold the seat to the post (some have nuts, I think yours has screws), give the seat a little bump one way or the other, snug them back down, and ride it a little to see if it got better or worse.

Push the seat back to drop the nose, forward to raise the nose. Look at the position of the screws in the slots at the top of the post to gauge how much it's moved.
Great, thanks! I was not aware of this, I'll definitely try it out. I was searching for info about it and I found stuff about bike posts and rails and so forth. I also thought about readjusting the screws in terms of elevation but didn't know if it was an okay thing to do. But I'll dry it in a sec.

Quote:
Your leg endurance will improve. Your form will also improve and then your legs won't need to work as hard.
It's also the seats, Torker was painful and the KH at the moment is painful so I keep trying to stay off it and that kills my knees. But yeah, my leg endurance has improved quite a lot over the past few weeks. Use to have issues going for more than half a block (100ft~) And it was a different kind of pain, the kind that makes you a bit nervous. Now the pain is more of a slight aching and it calms down enough for me to ride again the next day. I was afraid because I've always had a bad knee (when I was little I broke my legs and one arm......I blame the dad, it's always the dad!!! jk...). So when I got so much pain in the beginning, I thought it was the end. Seems like it's going to be good!
Nate128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 01:26 PM   #32
scott ttocs
Unicyclist

For most of the issues you bring up, the standard answer is to ride more, and it is good advice. For the poor comfort of the seat, riding more does help, but you could also get some bike shorts. Your endurance, the comfort of your ride,
and a relaxed fast ride will all come with more experience.

I find it much easier to pedal fast with shorter cranks. For me, 137 and shorter spin more easily than anything longer.

Have fun with your new unicycle!

Scott
scott ttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 01:27 PM   #33
Shmolagin
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate128 View Post
Torker was painful and the KH at the moment is painful so I keep trying to stay off it and that kills my knees.
Don't try to stay off it while riding if you can avoid it. You can't relax properly unless you are sitting on the seat. I don't remember who said this first but it's not the seat that you break in, it's the seat that breaks you in. It gets better.
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 01:56 PM   #34
UnicycleSam123
MUni

The KH street is quite uncomfortable. I have it on my street/trials that i barely ever sit down on so it is ok. I would not use it on a muni though i would recommend the KH fusion freeride in my opinion it is so much more comfortable if you are riding for more than a few meters. it is what i use on my nimbus oracle

I hope this helps,

Sam

My Twitter - https://twitter.com/unicyclesam123

My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPbe...?feature=watch
UnicycleSam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:06 PM   #35
Nate128
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott ttocs
For most of the issues you bring up, the standard answer is to ride more, and it is good advice. For the poor comfort of the seat, riding more does help, but you could also get some bike shorts
Yeah will do. I just got a pair of these:

Hopefully one will do. All the sellers are from Hong Kong heh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin
I don't remember who said this first but it's not the seat that you break in, it's the seat that breaks you in. It gets better.
Hopefully I break it in first before it breaks me in haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicycleSam123
I would not use it on a muni though i would recommend the KH fusion freeride in my opinion it is so much more comfortable
Yeah that's what I wanted too but municycle ran out of them. I'm trying to figure out a way to trade in my street for someone's freeride...I hear some people don't like freeride and would prefer the street.

Last edited by Nate128; 2013-11-22 at 05:08 PM.
Nate128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:22 PM   #36
Shmolagin
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate128 View Post
Yeah that's what I wanted too but municycle ran out of them. I'm trying to figure out a way to trade in my street for someone's freeride...I hear some people don't like freeride and would prefer the street.
It's personal preference. Usually it seems like people hate the street originally but once they get used to it they like it okay. This has been my personal experience.
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choosing, kh26, nimbus, oracle, unicycle