Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-09-01, 12:08 AM   #46
Gockie
OMG I rode a 5 foot giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
Make you mind up: are you middle aged, or are you merely 42?
Nearly 43... Go off this... Lifespan (of someone quite fortunate) is 85. Half of 85 is?

Last edited by Gockie; 2019-09-01 at 12:16 AM.
Gockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 03:40 AM   #47
BruceC
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gockie View Post
Nearly 43... Go off this... Lifespan (of someone quite fortunate) is 85. Half of 85 is?
That's assuming we can still unicycle at 85, so in terms of middle-unicycle-age, you're over the hill Gockie, and I'm near retirement.
BruceC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 08:17 AM   #48
Gockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceC View Post
That's assuming we can still unicycle at 85, so in terms of middle-unicycle-age, you're over the hill Gockie, and I'm near retirement.
But I only started riding 2 years ago so I'm a unicycling spring chicken. I am aware there's a lady in my neighbourhood who's roughly 70 who can ride a uni, so I think I have many riding years left.
Old 2019-09-07, 09:25 AM   #49
Setonix
Unicyclist

silly bickering about age. Back to 36 talk. Today I decided to take the 36 for a spin, because I always fight getting on it, I first decided to ride at some parking lot and practice mounting. However I managed to take off at the second try. Then after some rounds on the parking lot I decided I might as well drive to the forest. Here they have cement bicycle paths throughout the forests, then it took about 4 trials to mount, and off I was. Riding a 36" is like riding a big horse. Very comfortable as opposed to a Shetland pony or well a 24" uni which I also brought along and rode right after. It is very twitchy and you have to pedal like mad and still you don't make any real speed.
Im thinking of participating at the Dutch Championships again for 5km which is only allowed on the 24", so I need some speed practice on it. I road an average of 11kph on it with stock cranks.
So actually it was quite a good morning. Riding the big one for 6-7km and then the 24" for about 3-4km.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 09:52 AM   #50
Gockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
silly bickering about age. Back to 36 talk. Today I decided to take the 36 for a spin, because I always fight getting on it, I first decided to ride at some parking lot and practice mounting. However I managed to take off at the second try. Then after some rounds on the parking lot I decided I might as well drive to the forest. Here they have cement bicycle paths throughout the forests, then it took about 4 trials to mount, and off I was. Riding a 36" is like riding a big horse. Very comfortable as opposed to a Shetland pony or well a 24" uni which I also brought along and rode right after. It is very twitchy and you have to pedal like mad and still you don't make any real speed.
Im thinking of participating at the Dutch Championships again for 5km which is only allowed on the 24", so I need some speed practice on it. I road an average of 11kph on it with stock cranks.
So actually it was quite a good morning. Riding the big one for 6-7km and then the 24" for about 3-4km.
Very nice!

Tags
36", mount, rollback, rollback mounting 36