Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-09-10, 09:26 PM   #16
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrox View Post
I flew to the US with a 24" in my (rather) large suitcase. I had to remove the tire to make as smaller, and install it diagonally in the case but it worked!
I later took a 29" in a separate box - it was within the size requirements, but I had to pay as extra luggage as my ticket only allowed for one item checked-in.
My bad - I should have mentioned that I left the tyre on (partly deflated) to help protect the rim. Probably makes all the difference.
Old 2018-09-11, 11:35 PM   #17
Mononovize
Unicyclist

If you're looking for a "Craigslist" uni in Germany, there are currently one the market:
a 26" Quax (unless you mind the colors); as you may know, Quax should be quite good quality although this one seems to be 8 years old from a guy who's not just put it in his basement... he writes that he changed to somewhat shorter cranks and thicker pedals)

There are some decent 24" unis on the market, incl. 3-4 Quax Luxus unicycles and a Quax Muni.

BTW, ignorant private sellers tend to indicate wrong sizes (they claim it's 24" or 26" when it's not), so make sure to verify the size. Some sellers take pictures of the tire, else ask them for what it's written on it: Don't let them tell you that "26" is written "somewhere" on the tire, but make sure you get the actual size. Or let them take a measurement.

Finally, "VB" behind the price means that the seller is willing to reduce the price a bit. If it's not written there, you can of course try nonetheless (many Germans do), but don't be surprised in case a seller won't do it.

Good luck!
Mononovize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 02:56 AM   #18
Gockie
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononovize View Post
If you're looking for a "Craigslist" uni in Germany, there are currently one the market:
a 26" Quax (unless you mind the colors); as you may know, Quax should be quite good quality although this one seems to be 8 years old from a guy who's not just put it in his basement... he writes that he changed to somewhat shorter cranks and thicker pedals)

There are some decent 24" unis on the market, incl. 3-4 Quax Luxus unicycles and a Quax Muni.

BTW, ignorant private sellers tend to indicate wrong sizes (they claim it's 24" or 26" when it's not), so make sure to verify the size. Some sellers take pictures of the tire, else ask them for what it's written on it: Don't let them tell you that "26" is written "somewhere" on the tire, but make sure you get the actual size. Or let them take a measurement.

Finally, "VB" behind the price means that the seller is willing to reduce the price a bit. If it's not written there, you can of course try nonetheless (many Germans do), but don't be surprised in case a seller won't do it.

Good luck!
Thanks Monovize,
On a Facebook group it looks like I'll be able to put together one hell of a unicycle right here in Sydney.
I have to say your ebay site is amazing and the smaller unicycles are listed for so cheap! I've come to realise that unicycles are quite big to transport though. Definitely good for the smaller unis (for kids!)
Gockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aussie, australia, buying, germany, thinking, travelling, unicycle, united states