Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-05-31, 08:12 PM   #946
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Unicorn View Post
Today I wanted to go practice after work but my friend called and said she was coming over in 45 minutes. That didn't give me much time, but I figured I could go over to the park, practice for 20 minutes and get back. I went there, got on, fell off right away before even trying to ride (weird!) and then got on again and tried to ride and got it on the first try! I rode about 50 feet just like that!
Way to go! You were here and gone long before I considered taking up unicycling so I don't know if I can really welcome you back, but congratulations on recovering your skills. I hope you can hang around and keep on going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Today I got a unicycle delivered to me by helicopter.
Well aren't you special? Seriously, that is pretty cool.
LargeEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 04:46 AM   #947
Universal Unicorn
World's slowest learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeEddie View Post
Way to go! You were here and gone long before I considered taking up unicycling so I don't know if I can really welcome you back, but congratulations on recovering your skills. I hope you can hang around and keep on going.

I hope I can keep on going, too! Somehow I'm an old-timer here even though I can barely ride.

I now have three days in a row starting off great on the first attempt.
Universal Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 11:41 PM   #948
candyapplecorn
Unicyclist

Today I rode the farthest I ever have, 10 miles, on my 26" Torker LX. I've been riding for about a month now.

The ride took me two hours and 45 minutes and boy am I sore. My knees are the worst and I might have to take a day off from riding. How much faster, and how much better would I be feeling right now, if I did the ride on a 36"? I've been eyeing the nighthawk.
candyapplecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 12:52 AM   #949
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplecorn View Post
Today I rode the farthest I ever have, 10 miles, on my 26" Torker LX. I've been riding for about a month now.

The ride took me two hours and 45 minutes and boy am I sore. My knees are the worst and I might have to take a day off from riding. How much faster, and how much better would I be feeling right now, if I did the ride on a 36"? I've been eyeing the nighthawk.
As a beginner, you probably would not feel that much better, until you are more comfortable with riding overall. If riding long distance is your goal though, you might as well get it. I'm not sure how much faster, but definetely faster than you were now. The transfer onto a bigger wheel will be a challenge that you have to get through, sooner or later.

Sorry for my English...if it is wrong
finnspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 01:43 AM   #950
song
Unicyclist

Quote:
How much faster, and how much better would I be feeling right now, if I did the ride on a 36"?
26 x π = 82” per revolution
36 x π = 113” per revolution

That’s an extra 31” per revolution, meaning a theoretical 38% more speed. Your soreness would almost certainly be concentrated more in your legs than in your crotch/sit bones, not only because you would have spent less time in the saddle, but also because the saddle would have been more comfortable than the one that comes with a Torker. There are many other variables too, of course.
song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 01:49 AM   #951
DaUniGuy
Training hard for retirement!

I think I can finally say I have SIF down. I can transition in and out at will but need to get my endurance up. Farthest I have ridden SIF is about 200 yards. I know it does not sound like much but for me it is a big deal. I have been working on it a while. Now I am working on hopping SIF.
Old 2017-06-14, 02:43 PM   #952
crazyunicyclerNJ
uni till death

Send a message via AIM to crazyunicyclerNJ
Quote:

on my 36er I can keep a 10mph pace on the road for 25 to 30 miles it will be a challenge to have that drastic of a wheel change. The first time I hopped on a coker (36er) I was wobbly for the first 10 minutes or so when making turns. I had been riding 15 years at that time, but nothing over a 26" size and I did a lot of distances on that 26er.
crazyunicyclerNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 10:00 PM   #953
Kitibob
The Cheapskate Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaUniGuy View Post
I think I can finally say I have SIF down. I can transition in and out at will but need to get my endurance up. Farthest I have ridden SIF is about 200 yards. I know it does not sound like much but for me it is a big deal. I have been working on it a while. Now I am working on hopping SIF.
I've been working on SIF too but I haven't tried riding SIF yet, just hopping. Hasn't really made any difference in the height I can hop, I think I lack confidence crouching down to gain maximum height but i'll work on it.

I also tried wheel walking earlier today. Spend about an hour doing it, and the maximum distance I got was 14 feet, which I was very pleased with.

Bragging done for the day

If you're ever feeling down about your skills in unicycling feel free to watch my unicycle videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KitibobOutdoors
Kitibob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 07:36 PM   #954
candyapplecorn
Unicyclist

Today I managed to ride from downtown Los Gatos up to the dam and back. Last time I did the ride I UPD a handful of times, but this time there were zero UPD's.
candyapplecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 10:27 PM   #955
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVstNVgg...spin_unicycles
What a battle, but finally, I managed to land 540 sidespins.

Sorry for my English...if it is wrong
finnspin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brag, landed, thread, today, tricks, version 2