Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 129 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-06-25, 02:52 PM   #29101
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieum View Post
That's wicked! I should really have come, next time you organize something let me know, I'll bring my two eldest who have finally learnt and can ride on tarmac.
could not do that: this was a "private" event for our club ... but if your children want to practice Taï Jitsu they are welcomed (our trainer Guy is excellent and children of all ages - from 7 to 77 - do really appreciate the way he teaches! now the funny story: last month I went at INSEP to participate to a meeting ... with the same japanese trainer who taught me karate/aïkido 50 years ago! I met with other guys who were with me at that time ... they have changed a lot ! not me )
Old 2018-06-26, 04:33 AM   #29102
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Theium: congrats on the promotion! not so much the more responsibilities and less time aspect but the more money and *hopefully* more impact on the company, community, and world.

I finally had a debrief with my manager a while ago and I guess I didn't even pass the interview. I had acceptable answers for 10 out of 14 questions which I thought was pretty good as a first attempt, but I guess you have to get them all. Now that things are busy again I am glad I am still in a position I am comfortable in with some pretty good perks.

Racking in the overtime too since my cross-shift is off playing air ops branch director on a fire threatening the community of south end, and I had to cover form him most of a week.

Mr Bear: You're teaching inmates how to unicycle? That is really cool and should give them something to focus on for a bit anyway. A bit of constructive entertainment.
Old 2018-06-26, 08:39 AM   #29103
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Mr Bear: You're teaching inmates how to unicycle? That is really cool and should give them something to focus on for a bit anyway. A bit of constructive entertainment.
yes: very interesting experience. Many love a challenge and many were very focused and made quick progress. A pity we delivered only two training sessions. I was really impressed by the way the jail admin manages inmates: inmates children came in a gym and played with their father (and tears came to my eyes).
Old 2018-06-26, 09:20 AM   #29104
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbling bear View Post
I met with other guys who were with me at that time ... they have changed a lot ! not me )
You haven't changed a bit since I met you 13 years ago, so why would you have changed in 50 years..
thieum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 09:24 AM   #29105
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Theium: congrats on the promotion! not so much the more responsibilities and less time aspect but the more money and *hopefully* more impact on the company, community, and world.
Thx Eric,
I think I'm a positive addition to the company, at least that's the feedback I'm getting, as far as the community and the world goes I probably don't do much, but I guess it's the addition of small numbers that end up making big figures...
I'm glad you didn't get the job, there's no worse feeling than knowing you're not competent enough, yet. It's happened to me before as a camera assistant. Taught me a good lesson : not to rush things...
Time will come for sure.
Old 2018-06-26, 09:26 AM   #29106
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbling bear View Post
inmates children came in a gym and played with their father (and tears came to my eyes).
That is very moving indeed.
Talking about doing something good for the community...
Which prison did you go to ?
Old 2018-06-26, 09:45 AM   #29107
thieum
Tee-Um

Last Friday there was a school fair, at Ecole des Rochers in town, two of my youngest go there, it's a school from first to fifth grade. It's a bourgeois public school in a rather bourgeois suburban town.
The whole thing went fine from 6 to 8:30 when right before the lottery draw a fight started between a parent and a 13 yo fifth grader. The dad actually started assaulted the kid because he had had a fight with his son, and had harassed his daughter during the school year. Three adults pulled away the dad who was out of control. This is when things got worse, the dad started choking, turned purple and basically had a stroke. People used CPR and used a defibrillator as soon as they found one, there were a lot of doctors at the fair, but it was too late.

I didn't witness anything, nor did my 3 kids, however my wife was helping keep other kids at bay, she even baby sitted other kids whose parents were trying to comfort the two children who had become orphans on the spot. The daughter still in shock was in total denial, eventually their mother joined them and they all had to stay until 2AM so the police could finish its investigation.

Last edited by thieum; 2018-06-26 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2018-06-30, 04:23 AM   #29108
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:

I finally had a debrief with my manager a while ago and I guess I didn't even pass the interview. I had acceptable answers for 10 out of 14 questions which I thought was pretty good as a first attempt, but I guess you have to get them all. Now that things are busy again I am glad I am still in a position I am comfortable in with some pretty good perks.

Racking in the overtime too since my cross-shift is off playing air ops branch director on a fire threatening the community of south end, and I had to cover form him most of a week.

Did you study the manual? Interview is the least valid least reliable selection method. Often worse than chance because the interviewer is so mislead. You’re the best!!
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 05:22 PM   #29109
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

I'm not sure if you guys can see this or not

https://www.facebook.com/nelsonov91/...5578021079135/

A good reason to hang your lunch from a tree.

I miss working the line.
Old 2018-07-09, 08:49 PM   #29110
William393
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieum View Post
Last Friday there was a school fair, at Ecole des Rochers in town, two of my youngest go there, it's a school from first to fifth grade. It's a bourgeois public school in a rather bourgeois suburban town.
The whole thing went fine from 6 to 8:30 when right before the lottery draw a fight started between a parent and a 13 yo fifth grader. The dad actually started assaulted the kid because he had had a fight with his son, and had harassed his daughter during the school year. Three adults pulled away the dad who was out of control. This is when things got worse, the dad started choking, turned purple and basically had a stroke. People used CPR and used a defibrillator as soon as they found one, there were a lot of doctors at the fair, but it was too late.

I didn't witness anything, nor did my 3 kids, however my wife was helping keep other kids at bay, she even baby sitted other kids whose parents were trying to comfort the two children who had become orphans on the spot. The daughter still in shock was in total denial, eventually their mother joined them and they all had to stay until 2AM so the police could finish its investigation.
I'm so sorry that happened to everyone present!

How did the investigation turn out? You're supposed to continue CPR until the ambulance arrives (within minutes), and they should transport the person to the hospital. Did they just give up?
William393 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
768, angrybirdsucksrealhard, blue blue, bluesopopular, gilby must delete this, gilby please delete this, gilby will delete this, i want blue inside me, i'm drunker than blue, intotheblue.is.sexy, intothebluemyhero, it wuz t*rry, itemno530, ivanmegadestroyer, most replys, noloitering!!!, reply, replys, return, spamtagsftw, stillpagedance, terry is the mind killer, terry.is.evil, terryreallydidkillmr, thevirginmaryisinblue!