Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-08-17, 07:18 AM   #16
twalsh73
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
Looks like a solid choice at a very reasonable price.

Looking at old threads it looks like that might be a 2010 model. There wasn't much said but they seemed to get favorable reviews by the guys who bought them on here. I wonder where they found the old stock?

so you managed to get the trifecta:
light, strong, and inexpensive
So far I really like it. It's very strong and seems very sturdy. The only dislike I have is how aggressive and knobby the tire is. I realize now how far away I am from riding in the originally intended terrain while learning. How simple is it to put qbreolacement tire on it? I have done a lot of searching and am confused. The tire on it is a 24 × 2.6 Kenda and it's super knobby. I see myself on pavement for a long while. Can I just by 24 inch tire more intended for pavement and smoother riding? A bike tire? Having trouble finding much on replacement tires online. I apologize for the barrage of questions in this learning process.
twalsh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 08:31 AM   #17
kunstrasen
Unicyclist

Yes, you can put a 24 inch road tire on it.
kunstrasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 04:10 PM   #18
JimT
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalsh73 View Post
So far I really like it. It's very strong and seems very sturdy. The only dislike I have is how aggressive and knobby the tire is. I realize now how far away I am from riding in the originally intended terrain while learning. How simple is it to put qbreolacement tire on it? I have done a lot of searching and am confused. The tire on it is a 24 × 2.6 Kenda and it's super knobby. I see myself on pavement for a long while. Can I just by 24 inch tire more intended for pavement and smoother riding? A bike tire? Having trouble finding much on replacement tires online. I apologize for the barrage of questions in this learning process.
Other then not "looking" like road tire a knobby may be better for learning. Based on what I've read a knobby tire will be less effected by road camber and be less likely to steer is directions you do not want to go.
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 07:22 PM   #19
zack28
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalsh73 View Post
The Kenda is a bike tyre, like (almost?) every other 24" or larger one you'll find on a unicycle, and it's my favourite for muni on a 24" wheel.
The only thing that could be a hindrance at the beginning is the rolling resistance. There's no need to see yourself on pavement for a long while. In my experience, within a few hours after being able to ride on pavement for a hundred meters without dismount, you're ready to ride on hard offroad surfaces without too big bumps or roots.
The question is if it's worth buying another tyre for that short period.

If so, my recommendation would be this one.
Some people use it for unicycle long jump, so it is really fast, but it has enough volume for light cross country as well. This, or something similar on this scale, might be a good transitional solution.

Last edited by zack28; 2018-08-17 at 07:26 PM.
zack28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
280, guy, rodeo